• 91 results
#1 Posted by Aegon (5125 posts) -

#2 Posted by Aegon (5125 posts) -

Did you get the girl you had your eyes on? As in, the girl you would want to be in a long-term relationship with. Sadly, I can't say I've really tried, unless you count adding her on facebook and commenting on a status. If you didn't get her, did you compromise? Or do you feel you ended up with someone better?

#3 Posted by EVO (3785 posts) -

Nah, she got away.

#4 Posted by Toxin066 (3199 posts) -

Nope, unrequited love.

#5 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -

Smarties and reeses haven't helped at all.

#6 Posted by Aegon (5125 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

Smarties and reeses haven't helped at all.

Were they supposed to? I was never under the impression that smarties were a type of love potion/pill/candy.

#7 Posted by SamStrife (1280 posts) -

Yeah I got her. Been with her 5 years now. It's good times.

#8 Posted by CrimsonNoir (391 posts) -

Yes and then they became exes. And what do you mean compromise? Like settle for the friendship instead? Forget that, go for it or else you'll regret it.

#9 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

No, she said this wasn't a good time. And less than 2 months later she started dating another guy. We stopped talking after that.

#10 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

Scarlett Johansson won't even open my emails, much less return my calls.

#11 Posted by grayfox1210 (198 posts) -

She was out of my league at the time and I was kind of an outcast in school, but she always talked to me. Always wonder if she is still with the dude back from school, but I can't seem to track her down.

#12 Posted by gamefreak9 (2327 posts) -

Hm 25%! Not bad! What is the link with the divorce rate? Do people who didn't get the girl and settled cause it?

#13 Posted by Stonyman65 (2410 posts) -

Got 2 lost one. It's all old news now though...

#14 Edited by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1532 posts) -

Honestly... pussied out on most all of them. And the one I tried with we had a good thing for a while but she turned out to be pretty terrible. Funny how someone can be one way to your face and completely different when they aren't around you or are communicating through the distance of a phone.

So yeah, not going well. But hey, on to the next. I'm good with me and the rest will come with time.

#15 Edited by JJOR64 (18790 posts) -

Thought of this when I read the thread title.

#16 Posted by SexualBubblegumX (536 posts) -

I did, then after a year we had a mutual break up. 

#17 Posted by Jeust (10343 posts) -

I got her, and broke up. ahah

Now it's more of a work in progress...

#18 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -

I have been friendzoned.... But I'm going to make it. I have to!!!

#19 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

Majority no vote. We all suck.

#20 Posted by mrfizzy (1465 posts) -

I've said yes. There was one that got away but the next one that came along I got. Just takes practice i guess? lol.

#21 Posted by Bullitus (112 posts) -

I got her and we are getting married in a few months.

#22 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -

I LOVE YOU ANGELINA! God damn it...i love you!

#23 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2780 posts) -

haven't tried, don't care to

#24 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Work in progress, my friends. Every thing starts in small steps, and it's making the first step that's the most difficult. But that step is about to made, so wish me luck...

#25 Posted by Jothel (893 posts) -

Yes and we've been together for over a year and a half now

#26 Posted by dagas (2712 posts) -

I don't really understand the question. Did I get "the" girl? Who? I can't say I have had my eyes on a perticular girl for a long time. I've had my eye on plenty of girls I never got. But I now have someone great, but I never wanted her and went after her, we just met by chance or destiny and fell in love right away. The feeling was mutual from the start, I never had to ask if she loved me. Never had to go through that period of insecurity. Now that I think about it it's pretty damn amazing.

#27 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Yes, but we broke up about a year ago. We were together for 4 years.

#28 Posted by NoeinJ (46 posts) -

Yes, we were together 3 years, then it ended. At the moment something is happening with a new girl.

#29 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4685 posts) -

No, my best friend did :(

#30 Posted by TobbRobb (4419 posts) -

Diablo 3 is out man! Do you really think I have time for unnecessary crap like girlfriends!?

</3 T_T QQ

#31 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I got her when I was 18 and I'm marrying her next Friday :)

#32 Posted by GeneralZod37 (255 posts) -

I put work in progress, but I have no idea. Broke up a 5 year long relationship a couple months ago. The current girl seems nice but stiff. We'll see how it plays out.

#33 Posted by buft (3298 posts) -

Yes, then i fucked it up 8 years later

#34 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

Nope, asked her out twice too. To be fair though, first time I asked I'd been given faulty information, and she was still seeing her previous boyfriend.

Refuse to give up though, cos I'm a pain in the arse that way. Sucks that we have so much in common and can talk forever, yet I can't even get one date.

Also sucks having to listen to her talk about all the guys she does like and all the dates she's going on...

#35 Posted by WMWA (1159 posts) -

Yes...then we dated for 2 years...then she cheated on me and I dumped her. =\

#36 Posted by TeflonBilly (4722 posts) -

I got her... in my basement.

#37 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Almost three years and still going strong.

#38 Posted by Cramsy (1160 posts) -

@MegaMetaTurtle said:

Nope, asked her out twice too. To be fair though, first time I asked I'd been given faulty information, and she was still seeing her previous boyfriend. Refuse to give up though, cos I'm a pain in the arse that way. Sucks that we have so much in common and can talk forever, yet I can't even get one date. Also sucks having to listen to her talk about all the guys she does like and all the dates she's going on...

Probably time to let that one go

#39 Posted by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -

Yes and no.

#40 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3630 posts) -

yup. didn't last but we're friends so its all good.

#41 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Tried but she wanted none of it.

#42 Posted by VipeR (100 posts) -

I feel that I almost got her, even though she got together with one of my friends. When they had been together for a while she said that she'd thought about if she'd been with me instead, and even som drunk talk about getting together. Then I moved to another city for studies, and that dream died.

We still talk, she said she can't stop talking with me.

#43 Posted by Blackout62 (1305 posts) -

It was... complicated. Think The Doctor and Amy Pond complicated. Also I've been marathon watching way too much Doctor Who if I'm making that analogy.

#44 Posted by Draugen (577 posts) -

No. Squandered my chance when I had it. It went a little something like this:

#45 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

Got her. Married her. Knocked her up. Baby on the way.

#46 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

In high school I did.

#47 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19186 posts) -

Never had a girl I loved, so logically I haven't tried.

#48 Posted by kagato (863 posts) -

I got my girl, i went through a whole bunch of girls with the same interests as me and none of them worked out, then i went out with the one im with now (4 years and still going) who only had one or two shared interests and we work better than any of the ones i had before. Its best not to try and look for the one perfect girl because honestly, she dosent exist, try going for girls who like different things than you do. Half of the relationships I was in before broke up because we had nothing to talk about.

#49 Posted by Meltac (1901 posts) -

Yes, but realised she was a bitch..

#50 Posted by Korolev (1649 posts) -

Haven't tried because I know I can't succeed. I just know I can't. I am not her type. That's not her fault, or my fault. That's just the way of the world - sometimes people are just incompatible with each other. It wouldn't work out, I think. She's free-spirited, I'm very conservative (not politically, but in terms of personality). She's energetic, I'm lethargic. She likes exploring, walking around town, drinks, parties and watching movies. I like reading books, grimacing and rolling my eyes at the TV, bitterly complaining about the young people, and arguing passionately about politics, history and culture. She likes that sort of thing too - she's a very smart person, but the difference is that I really like arguing about politics and religion and history. I don't think she would like being around a sour-puss like me, who likes to gripe about things.

It's a pity. Oh well. I wish her all the best of luck in whatever relationship she pursues in the future. The likelihood of her wanting to be with me is slim, even if I would totally jump at the opportunity to date her. But it's her choice, and frankly, I think she's probably made the right choice to not date me, as I don't think I could make her happy. I really don't.