Did You Have A Good Or Rough Life Growing Up?

• 118 results
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Arbie

I'm alive. It's all good!

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Morrow

Bad childhood, bad school time, adult life could be great but I'm too stigmatized. Let's play more video games.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By falserelic

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

When my father got diagnosed with stage four cancer in '96 (I was born in '92) things quickly went downhill. He didn't know how to cope with the diagnosis, not that many of us would, and looked to drugs as an escape as he had done his whole life. He had so many breakdowns that led to my mother and sister and I leaving the house, calling the cops, fighting, etc. that did a huge number on my confidence and outlook on life. In 2009 he killed a man while driving his postal truck and was found guilty of manslaughter, and was sentenced to eight months in prison. My Dad went into a super depressive state and began binging even more on alcohol and opiates. In my freshman year of college I became depressed and started cutting myself to numb the pain (I know it's really weird but I was NOT in a good state of mind). I went to therapy until my health insurance ran out and my Dad went to jail. I had to drop out of college and work full time to help keep food on the table for my Mom and sister. Now my Dad is out of jail and gets disability and pension checks every month, so he has no real reason to get a job (even though the extra income could certainly help). I'm beginning to believe he's been dabbling in pills yet again despite probationary drug tests. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but the signs all point to relapse.

Still, with all this bullshit, I've never had to go to bed hungry and I've never been unclothed. Almost got our house foreclosed on multiple times but we always seemed to edge by in the end. I'm thankful for that, and in a fucked up way, I'm thankful for all the shit that's been thrown at me, because it makes me appreciate everything I've earned over these years. Everything I've paid for myself, everything I had to work for on my own. Had it not been for my best friends I might not have made it out, but they've been with me the whole way and will continue to be as I keep trudging forward. Reading what I just wrote my life seems pretty shitty, but you'd be surprised how a few good friends can drastically improve it.

Sorry to hear about that man. I know what you mean about having good friends. I got 2 friends that helped me out during rough times. I remember I almost got addicted to smoking at 17. I was extremely depress and started thinking about suicide. I was thinking alot of dark thoughts and didn't think I'll ever have a good future. But my friends decided to talk to me and they cheered me up. So I decided to change and I stop smoking and started trying to get my life on track.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By s10129107

i had good parents that worked hard for us. they fought a lot and that was stressful, but in the grand scheme of things wasnt so bad. I was born with a cleft palate, and even though it got fixed when i was very young, it meant many surgeries and being picked on and made fun of until i got out of high school. My parents were always working or fighting and my sister treated me badly to gain acceptance in whatever way she could. It was pretty lonely. I carry a lot of the mentality that i developed then with me now unfortunately. Really it could have been much worse, i'm glad i had good parents at least.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Skyrider

I had it pretty good when I was growing up. We weren't always in the best financial situation, but never to the point where I could figure that out on my own without being told, and never for an extended period of time. The only thing that was rough for me as a kid was my health, haha. I had pneumonia when I was in kindergarten and spent some time in the hospital for it (apparently it was pretty serious, but as a kid you don't really realize theses things. I was just stoked to play with the hospital's batman action figure that had a grapple belt), and then I had bronchitis a few times in the following years, so yeah, cardio was not exactly my strongest attribute after that.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By CL60

The worst thing that ever happened in my entire childhood was the one time my grandmother put me on timeout, but forgot that she did so I was sitting down there for hours when it was supposed to be 30 minutes.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By CaLe

I haven't heard a single person mention if they had the opportunity to play tennis as a child. I guess we've all had it rough in here. I'd say group hug but I don't like being touched.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SomeJerk

My summer as a 13 year old was spent being homeless (if you ever find yourself in need of a divorce - don't forget to help the kids), my summer as a 14 year old was spent in London, England. Growing up taught me that life gets better!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By falserelic

@CaLe said:

I haven't heard a single person mention if they had the opportunity to play tennis as a child. I guess we've all had it rough in here. I'd say group hug but I don't like being touched.

In Detroit I only seen people play basketball and football.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By haffy

@CaLe said:

I play tennis from time to time. It's fucking boring. My least favorite sport. Me and 3 or 4 of my friends play and even though it's fun to go play, I'd much prefer to do be doing any other sport. Too much standing around, barely anytime actually playing, hard to even begin sweating. It's too much like golf in my opinion lol.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By fattony12000

I didn't get beaten or raped or killed, so I done pretty good compared to some people.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CaLe

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

I did some research and found this: Currently we have 3,493 courts listed for the Detroit metro area, which is one court for every 1,563 residents. http://nnetis.com/tennis_courts_Detroit.html

I'll be god damned if that's not a lot of tennis courts. If I had to guess I'd say they probably aren't all in tip top condition but for a kid just having a racket and ball is enough. Hit it against the wall, or maybe find a friend to practice with. I think more schools need to get involved in getting kids into tennis as well, not just the parents.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Loving and understanding parents, many trips to Europe, the freedom to dress and eat and drink and study and speak and think as and when I saw fit, enough money for new toys and clothes whenever needed. 

However I had issues I couldn't work on as a child, being naive, overly good hearted, idolizing my father too much, and slowly turning into a cynical antisocial perfectionalist. 
But then you turn 20 and you begin fixing those issues, and I'm happily a happy person today.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Hizang

Depends how you look at it, I had a very protected life where my parents did everything for me, so I was unprepared for the real world.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By falserelic

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

I did some research and found this: Currently we have 3,493 courts listed for the Detroit metro area, which is one court for every 1,563 residents. http://nnetis.com/tennis_courts_Detroit.html

I'll be god damned if that's not a lot of tennis courts. If I had to guess I'd say they probably aren't all in tip top condition but for a kid just having a racket and ball is enough. Hit it against the wall, or maybe find a friend to practice with. I think more schools need to get involved in getting kids into tennis as well, not just the parents.

I played tennis once with a friend. It wasn't something I can see myself getting into. I felt very out of place swinging a tennis racket. I missed most of the shots too.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By BaneFireLord

I had a great time growing up. Never got in trouble, awesome family life, beautiful place to live, great friends and I did really well in school. Shitty luck with girls, but that was primarily my fault for never trying.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By falserelic

@BaneFireLord said:

I had a great time growing up. Never got in trouble, awesome family life, beautiful place to live, great friends and I did really well in school.

That's good to hear man.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CaLe

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

I played tennis once with a friend. It wasn't something I can see myself getting into. I felt very out of place swinging a tennis racket. I missed most of the shots too.

That's the thing, I think you'd need to be inspired by seeing the best players on TV or something, like anything really, an idol to look up to. For me I think tennis is a sport where the raw skill of the individual player is on display in every shot they make. It's not a team sport so there's no redundancy, every shot matters. A guy mentioned on the previous page he doesn't work up a sweat, but if you ever watch a real tennis match you'll see them wiping sweat from their face between every point. I've never held a racket so I dunno if it would feel out of place for me also, but I like anything involving extreme accuracy so I'd imagine I'd like to work on that and improve. Maybe in another life where I had a better upbringing and was introduced to tennis, who knows..

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By frankfartmouth

My life has been so bad that there's really nothing left to do but laugh at it. My mother is certifiably insane and shuttled me and my two siblings across the country as kids, brainwashing us and forcing us to adopt her diseased perspective. We would be punished for exhibiting anything that resembled a rational or independent thought. She was often convinced that people were trying to murder her, stuff like that. She illegally kept us from our dad for years before he finally got visitation rights, and that almost made things worse because he tried to fold us into the norm and we would just lash out at him like we were trained to do, so she eventually got it into her head that he was a murderer/rapist/child molester, which made things interesting. I was sat down by her and told what to say to the cops so they'd arrest him, which they didn't thankfully.

No big surprise, I ended up getting into shitloads of trouble as a kid, eventually ending up in juvenile centers, rehab, then finally prison. Developed a horrendous drug and alcohol problem for many years. Finally got it together about age 22, put myself through college, graduated summa cum laude, got hired by a production company doing film and video--my lifelong dream--got married, had a kid, then caught one of the unluckiest breaks imaginable and everything fell apart: career ruined, wife left me for another man, homeless for many months. Now, just trying to survive day by day and figure out what's next.

Like I said, nothing left to do but laugh at all of it. There's really not much else that can get thrown at me that's going to make much of a difference, and that's a strangely comforting thought.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By falserelic

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

That's the thing, I think you'd need to be inspired by seeing the best players on TV or something, like anything really, an idol to look up to. For me I think tennis is a sport where the raw skill of the individual player is on display in every shot they make. It's not a team sport so there's no redundancy, every shot matters. A guy mentioned on the previous page he doesn't work up a sweat, but if you ever watch a real tennis match you'll see them wiping sweat from their face between every point. I've never held a racket so I dunno if it would feel out of place for me also, but I like anything involving extreme accuracy so I'd imagine I'd like to work on that and improve. Maybe in another life where I had a better upbringing and was introduced to tennis, who knows..

Me being a tall black guy who's been mostly around the hood most of my life. It really wouldn't be a good look for me at all. Growing up basketball, football or even baseball was the way to go. I'm not saying tennis is a bad sport. But the sport never appeal to me. I rarely seen people play tennis where I'm from. I seen more people play soccer then tennis.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I learned really quickly, maybe too quickly, how to be a mature person in situations. Maybe it was because of my brother who dropped out and is an off-and-on cocaine addict and tool. Perhaps it was the divorce or the constantly tight money situation, I dunno.

It wasn't a bad home life, looking back. My brother wasted so much of his life that I immediately knew that I couldn't do that to myself - unfortunately that meant I was more an adult when I was 13 than I should have been. I don't think I ever really had a childhood, I mean yeah I play and love video games and childish things but I distanced myself from people because I knew how awful they could be. This led to a lot of alienation and paranoia and eventual, and still occurring, depression. I still don't know if it's manic but it's been a constant factor. I still don't own a car or drive at all because I'm worried what might happen if I'm behind the wheel when I'm particularly down or angry - walking or riding a bike is better for my health anyways. I missed out on a lot of opportunities socially because of those fears; I still refuse to get close to anyone anymore and I almost can't take it.

All I can say is that if it wasn't for school that I'd be long gone. Stay in school, kids.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By CaLe

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

Me being a tall black guy who's been mostly around the hood most of my life. It really wouldn't be a good look for me at all. Growing up basketball, football or even baseball was the way to go. I'm not saying tennis is a bad sport. But the sport never appeal to me. I rarely seen people play tennis where I'm from. I seen more people play soccer then tennis.

Let me introduce you to the #5 ranked tennis player in the world: Jo Wilfried Tsonga

No Caption Provided

He wouldn't be out of place on a football field! He's amazing. I think you have the height for it too. I understand though, I've heard about how rough Detroit is and I know the pressures on kids growing up, doing anything that stands out makes you a target. I think tennis would stand out for most of the youth in Detroit. Hopefully more programs start up with community funding and stamp that stuff out.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By Enigma777

I probably had one of the best childhoods ever. Used to run with a posse of neighborhood kids and we did the dumbest shit possible. Made 7 or 8 treehouses and bunkers (4 burned down, one got infected by fleas, one became a hangout spot for the older kids on the block to smoke and do drugs). I think one of them is still standing to this day, being used and improved on by a new generation of kids. Got into "wars" with other neighborhood, used to climb trees and steal cherries, threw rotten tomatoes at the owner's laundry afterwards when he sicked his dogs on us. The water pipes were real bad near my house so they would always burst a leak which means that we had a nearly endless supply of water and mud to play in. We made little dams and canals and then raced wooden boats down them. We also made bonfires to roast stolen potatoes and other foodstuffs, played 50+ person hide-and-seeks, made balloons out of plastic bags and bottle caps and tried to get them stuck on as many TV antennas as possible and were generally little monsters. Ahhhh, the good old days.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By falserelic

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:people play tennis where I'm from. I seen more people play soccer then tennis.

He wouldn't be out of place on a football field! He's amazing. I think you have the height for it too. I understand though, I've heard about how rough Detroit is and I know the pressures on kids growing up, doing anything that stands out makes you a target. I think tennis would stand out for most of the youth in Detroit. Hopefully more programs start up with community funding and stamp that stuff out.

At the moment Detroit is broke. It would be nice to have programs like that. But with the high crime rate and the way kids are being brought up. I don't think it will workout well. If a person makes good money they should move to a different city.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Chop

Baring a few mishaps (divorce), it was picture perfect. Even with that lovely childhood and awesome parents, I turned into a piece of shit. I probably should have gotten beat up more or somethin'.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jay444111

@falserelic said:

Overall what was life like for you. For me its kinda in the middle. I grew up in a decent neighborhood but I always seem to get into trouble. If there was one problem there always will be another. I always came across very mean people. That would do alot of cruel things to me. The school system for me was just bad. In high school I never got any homework and teachers wouldn't do there job. Then again students will do alot of reckless things at school. All the schools I went to was never safe. As for my parents they hated each other. My dad has a very short temper and he will snap at times. If I pissed him off I would get a brutal beating. One time I had to go to the hospital because he broke my nose.

My mom was nice but was a very stressed out women. Raising me and my brothers by herself was stressful on her. My dad lived in another house and we didn't spend much time with him. One of the worst things ever happen to me and my family in life. Is when 1 of my brothers passed away. Ever sense he died nobody in my family hasn't been the same. We didn't do nothing on the holidays no more. We didn't celebrate Christmas or nothing no more. Growing up without him was tough.

Uh... I know I am going to sound like a jerkass grammer nazi for saying this. But saying "We didn't do nothing no more" is in fact a double negative and means that your family DID do something... but I apologize for your loss...

Personally... yeah... let us just say it is a level of rough that would have made a few people here go insane... that is all I am saying for a while.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By falserelic

@Jay444111 said:

@falserelic said:

Overall what was life like for you. For me its kinda in the middle. I grew up in a decent neighborhood but I always seem to get into trouble. If there was one problem there always will be another. I always came across very mean people. That would do alot of cruel things to me. The school system for me was just bad. In high school I never got any homework and teachers wouldn't do there job. Then again students will do alot of reckless things at school. All the schools I went to was never safe. As for my parents they hated each other. My dad has a very short temper and he will snap at times. If I pissed him off I would get a brutal beating. One time I had to go to the hospital because he broke my nose.

My mom was nice but was a very stressed out women. Raising me and my brothers by herself was stressful on her. My dad lived in another house and we didn't spend much time with him. One of the worst things ever happen to me and my family in life. Is when 1 of my brothers passed away. Ever sense he died nobody in my family hasn't been the same. We didn't do nothing on the holidays no more. We didn't celebrate Christmas or nothing no more. Growing up without him was tough.

Uh... I know I am going to sound like a jerkass grammer nazi for saying this. But saying "We didn't do nothing no more" is in fact a double negative and means that your family DID do something... but I apologize for your loss...

Personally... yeah... let us just say it is a level of rough that would have made a few people here go insane... that is all I am saying for a while.

I know I'm not the best grammar person. I know I got shit on the way I posted some comments. I'm still working on improving myself. I know its something I have to work on.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ItBeStefYo

I think I was brought up well, by a single mother though, my dad is a great guy but perhaps not the best role model.

It's certainly been tough though!

@Video_Game_King said:

...Turbulent.

Your persistence in this Katawa stuff has made me finally check this game out, better be worth it, King *shakes fist*

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jay444111

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:

@CaLe said:

@falserelic said:people play tennis where I'm from. I seen more people play soccer then tennis.

At the moment Detroit is broke. It would be nice to have programs like that. But with the high crime rate and the way kids are being brought up. I don't think it will workout well. If a person makes good money they should move to a different city.

Actually. Something interesting might happen there if you can get enough people to get on it. They may be planning to make a zombie theme park there were you pay to get in and survive against zombies. Basically... it is one of the most awesome ideas I have ever heard of. However the funny thing is that the entire place would be safer than actually being out out in Detroit streets... zombies are safer than regular streets... WTF!?

@falserelic said:

@Jay444111 said:

@falserelic said:

I know I'm not the best grammar person. I know I got shit on the way I posted some comments. I'm still working on improving myself. I know its something I have to work on.

Also no need to apologize. A lot of people mess up with a double negative quite often. It takes major proof reading in order to see it anyways. If you don't proof read it looks fine enough. But as I write books and stuff I kind of have to do that... At least you don't put down "Had had"s all the damn time... seriously, it is like proof readers don't see those in any book I have read!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#81  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ItBeStefYo:

No Caption Provided
Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#82  Edited By Dagbiker

@falserelic: I kinda pissed on your thread last night, and I wanted to say sorry. I still dont beleve it. But I shouldn't have pissed all over it. But your story reminds me of me growing up. I used to punch holes in my wall, and I would all ways get in fights with my dad. Now my dad stays over at my grandparents place. He isnt divorced from my mom. But they are separated. We still talk, and have an ok relationship. And I have learned to control my anger. I also had teachers in Middle school who would just say "deal with it". I got into one or two fights, one fight with my friend who hit me on the head, I dont remember why. And another with a guy who had been teasing me for about a year.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#83  Edited By donutfever

Joke about windows and launch rooms.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By falserelic

@Dagbiker said:

@falserelic: I kinda pissed on your thread last night, and I wanted to say sorry. I still dont beleve it. But I shouldn't have pissed all over it. But your story reminds me of me growing up. I used to punch holes in my wall, and I would all ways get in fights with my dad. Now my dad stays over at my grandparents place. He isnt divorced from my mom. But they are separated. We still talk, and have an ok relationship. And I have learned to control my anger. I also had teachers in Middle school who would just say "deal with it". I got into one or two fights, one fight with my friend who hit me on the head, I dont remember why. And another with a guy who had been teasing me for about a year.

Its all good man no hard feelings. There some stories I've heard on this site I didn't believe either. But what I said yesterday was true. Some people don't believe me and that's fine. I had alot of crazy experiences that's hard to believe.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#85  Edited By DjCmeP

inb4

a copied story from a movie/video game gets posted as a life story

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

Everything in my life was good until i was 17 then it all went to shit for like 3 and a half years. its kind of smoothed out now.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By falserelic

@DjCmeP: Whats inb4?

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deadmanforking

I had a pretty awesome childhood. LIfe is pretty shit right now though...

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#89  Edited By Dagbiker

@falserelic said:

In Before.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Scrawnto

@falserelic said:

'In before', as in "I was in this thread before someone posted a copied story from a movie/video game as if it was their life story."

intoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#91  Edited By intoblivion

Good enough that I enjoyed it, but also not good enough that I resented a lot of people.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By killacam

@JacobShOckgosu said:

Growing up, I often got beat with launch trays and thrown through every window imaginable. ...what?

hahah yesss

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By InternetCrab

No alcoholic parents, good parents etc.

However, I hanged out with an utter asshole who was the ''class king'', so if you were a dude, you had to hang out with him to be popular. Somehow, I succesfully ignored him though.

The rest of my friends were amazing and heartwarming. Perfect childhood in many ways.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Loafsmooch

Social anxiety disorder as long as I can remember, though I didn't understand what it was until quite recently. Many people have no idea what it means to live with it for so long, how it can fuck up your whole life, make you a lesser person than what you could've been. Sure, I had a good mom, decent dad, though a bit of an alcoholic with anger issues. Some good friends, some decent friends.. And some asshole bullies I for some reason hang out with...

Many perceive me as coldhearted, but the truth is I have a hard time showing my emotions because of deep trust issues.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#95  Edited By Danteveli

Gotta say it was good growing up. My parents and grandparents always tried the best and got everything they could in situation they were. My school wasn't the best but somehow I managed.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TheHumanDove

I grew up pleasantly. Had way too many public erections though.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By captain_clayman

apart from my siblings being extremely entitled fucks it's been pretty great. my mom's a little on the crazy side but isn't everyone's?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By falserelic

@Loafsmooch said:

Social anxiety disorder as long as I can remember, though I didn't understand what it was until quite recently. Many people have no idea what it means to live with it for so long, how it can fuck up your whole life, make you a lesser person than what you could've been. Sure, I had a good mom, decent dad, though a bit of an alcoholic with anger issues. Some good friends, some decent friends.. And some asshole bullies I for some reason hang out with...

Many perceive me as coldhearted, but the truth is I have a hard time showing my emotions because of deep trust issues.

I know how you feel. Like I said earlier I have trust issues aswell. After the 9th grade of high school I became very isolated. I had a hard time trying to talk to people, and people who wanted to talk to me I usually end up avoiding them. Alot of the people I met look very suspicious. I always kept thinking something bad would happen if I gotten to know them.

But nowadays I'm trying to change and break out of that cycle, and that I need to build up on social skills. If I want to get a job I know I have to talk and speak my mind. Being very quiet and laid back won't get me anywhere.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99  Edited By Simplexity

Good considering the circumstances, my father never really wanted to know me I was a bit of an accident, he was 17 my mother 16 when I was born so I was in the way.

My mom was... Well.. Interesting.

She would move every year not to a different district or anything I never had to change schools or anything like that, just moving around randomly for no reason, she was also a I guess you'd call it a whore having multiple relationships going at once, I was on friendly terms with all of the dudes but some of them would be less friendly to her when they would get wasted and she ended getting beat up at least 4 times while drunk by one of her "boyfriends". She once apparently also hooked up with some guy on my football team who was 16 at the time me being 14, that was fun, I am still getting ribbed for that one.

Other than that it was okay, I never starved and always had a roof above my head, can't really complain.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By falserelic

@Simplexity said:

Good considering the circumstances, my father never really wanted to know me I was a bit of an accident, he was 17 my mother 16 when I was born so I was in the way.

My mom was... Well.. Interesting.

She would move every year not to a different district or anything I never had to change schools or anything like that, just moving around randomly for no reason, she was also a I guess you'd call it a whore. She once apparently hooked up with some guy on my football team who was 16 at the time me being 14, that was fun, I am still getting ribbed for that one.

Other than that it was okay, I never starved and always had a roof above my head, can't really complain.

That had to be a weird experience for you. My mom was 16 when she first had my brother, and my dad was in he's 20s at the time.