#1  Edited By fingofongo
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

Digital distribution is way faster and more convenient than buying physical copies. I agree with your blog post. I also think that shops like EB and Gamestop are likely to close soon if they don't get their act together and either a) lower prices, b) introduce a viable distribution system of their own, or c) as a last resort, try to win over customers with friendly service (although I'll take my tax-free, often discounted Steam games anyday).

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dalai

I'm convinced that digital distribution of full retail games will be a reality on consoles next generation.  It might not replace physical copies anytime soon, but the convenience of downloading a game in minutes over putting on pants, driving to the store, checking out all the games, waiting in line while the ditzy girl behind the counter plays with her hair, and then driving back to pop it in your console to see it red ring on you.

I welcome digital distribution.  I say bring it on!

fingofongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By fingofongo

Yeah, EB needs to start adapting if they want to remain a big video game retailer.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By crunchUK

digital distribution just means that the companies can manipulate prices with greater ease. Considering that prices are regulated by supply and demand, and that with Digital distribution supply is completely irrelavent, it's demand and "how greedy the publisher is feeling"