Disney

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

I doubt there is a single person on this board who hasn't seen a Disney movie. They are just absolutely amazing. The Lion King is probably one of my favorite movies ever. Great animation, awesome characters, nice story and amazing songs! That movie definitely has a special place in my heart. Also the other movies I liked were Aladdin, Jungle Book, Tarzan,  Hunchback of Notre Dame and many more.

Unfortunately 2D animation is dying now. Many 3D films get released each year and the only ones worth watching are the ones made by Pixar and sometimes Dreamworks. Disney tried to come back with films like Brother Bear, Lilo and Stitch and Emperors new Groove but they just weren't as good as the ones they used to make.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Disney movies have too many sublimanl messeges , thats why i dont watch em anymore

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3  Edited By spiceninja

Blog it.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brukaoru

Lion King is amazing and always will be. Regardless of Lion King 2 and Lion King 1 1/2, the first one is still awesome.

I heard a while ago that they want to make another 2D movie in the future. I really don't want to see 2D animation die, I think both 2D and 3D movies can co-exist together.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

The best Disney was the 90s Disney, they had The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Aladin, Hercules and other movies that were great and could be watched by anyone, young or old. Now they're only focused on the teenage crowd and have forgotten all the people that already grew up. All they have now is Hanna Montana, Jonas Brothers and the ocassional Pixar movie.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mushir
brukaoru said:
"Lion King is amazing and always will be. Regardless of Lion King 2 and Lion King 1 1/2, the first one is still awesome.

I heard a while ago that they want to make another 2D movie in the future. I really don't want to see 2D animation die, I think both 2D and 3D movies can co-exist together."
Yea but Disney really can't make anything good anymore. They just make stupid 3D films which are no match against the movies Pixar makes, or the pathetic High School Musical type films which everyone else in my class loves.
Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Mister_Snig
brukaoru said:
"Lion King is amazing and always will be. Regardless of Lion King 2 and Lion King 1 1/2, the first one is still awesome.

I heard a while ago that they want to make another 2D movie in the future. I really don't want to see 2D animation die, I think both 2D and 3D movies can co-exist together."
Yeah, the new movie with the princess is going to be traditionally animated. A breath of fresh air from all the CGI talking animals. Also, Aladdin is one of my favorite movies.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mushir
MisterSnig said:
"brukaoru said:

Yeah, the new movie with the princess is going to be traditionally animated. A breath of fresh air from all the CGI talking animals. Also, Aladdin is one of my favorite movies."
ANOTHER princess movie by Disney? Wondering how this one turns out.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By kush

I love all these animated movies because they can have some of the most disturbing things ever, but it's ok because they are animated. Take Finding Nemo for example...yes I know it's Pixar and not Disney. The movie starts off with the mother and all the babies dying except for the physically handicapped kid...Yay!

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By pikastar

Lion King is probably my favorite, though its tied with Mulan. Nice to see a strong female character and not some princess. I wish they would do more 2D movies. Its sad that its dieing.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By dsplayer1010

Back in the day, Disney's movies were some of the best. Now, most of their movies are decent at best, (Excluding Pixar movies. Everything they've done has been great.)

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RetroIce4

Disney 2001 and Above = FAIL
Old School 80-90 Disney = EPIC

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clean

Nothing beats the Old School Disney movies like the Lion King, Toy Story, and Shrek.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Old Disney animated movies are classics. It's too bad there aren't many of them coming out nowadays, instead Disney's animation studio (not Pixar) is pushing out crappy CGI movies like Chicken Little.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By DualReaver
Clean said:
"Nothing beats the Old School Disney movies like the Lion King, Toy Story, and Shrek."
Dude... Shrek is Universal Studios.
Avatar image for vash_the_stampede
Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Pixar movies a lot...that's Disney right??

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clean
DualReaver said:
"Clean said:
"Nothing beats the Old School Disney movies like the Lion King, Toy Story, and Shrek."
Dude... Shrek is Universal Studios."
really?........ooooooooooh : (
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By AlexB

Lion King was always my favorite. It even had a kickass SNES game that was actually good. Anyone remember it?

Avatar image for ultimate_pwr_rngr
Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney sucks now. if you want great 2D animation watch anime. I know i'm a minority here, but i really don't like any of the 3D films that come out, even pixar movies i don't like. i do like the old disney movies like lion king. but now everything disney releases sucks.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tariqari
Twilight said:
"Disney tried to come back with films like Brother Bear, Lilo and Stitch and Emperors new Groove but they just weren't as good as the ones they used to make."
Wierd, I like all three of those movies.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By brukaoru
AlexB said:
"Lion King was always my favorite. It even had a kickass SNES game that was actually good. Anyone remember it?"
Heck yes! That game was amazing. I still know the cheat code to get invincibility. (B-A-R-R-Y) I always used the cheatcode and then played the last level and beat Scar. They should bring that on the virtual console!
tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tariqari
brukaoru said:
"AlexB said:
"Lion King was always my favorite. It even had a kickass SNES game that was actually good. Anyone remember it?"
Heck yes! That game was amazing. I still know the cheat code to get invincibility. (B-A-R-R-Y) I always used the cheatcode and then played the last level and beat Scar. They should bring that on the virtual console!"
Yeah I remember that game, was pretty cool if I remember right.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I don't know why Disney doesn't do movies like that anymore.  I think the most recent I saw was Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, and that wasn't even Disney.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mushir
DualReaver said:
"Clean said:
Dude... Shrek is Universal Studios."
Yea and its made by Dreamworks.

tariqari said:
"Twilight said:
"Disney tried to come back with films like Brother Bear, Lilo and Stitch and Emperors new Groove but they just weren't as good as the ones they used to make."
Wierd, I like all three of those movies."
Yea I liked them too, but not as much as I liked Lion King, Aladdin and the others. They have something special about them which IMO these lacked.

brukaoru
said:
"AlexB said:
Heck yes! That game was amazing. I still know the cheat code to get invincibility. (B-A-R-R-Y) I always used the cheatcode and then played the last level and beat Scar. They should bring that on the virtual console!"
O Yea that game was awesome! I never figured how to throw Scar down the mountain though. I was like 5 when I used to play it. =P
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pause422

yeah...of course people say plenty of disney movies...when they were like 6...