Disney copying art of another...?

seintsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By seintsu

I came across this and it motivated me to make my very first thread post.

The Story

Any thoughts would be cool if this thread doesn't get deleted.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Yea alright, I see it. Interesting.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why is the person asking for help? Get a lawyer...

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By FourWude

I've got an original copy of FF7 and so badly want to play it again on my old PS2... But the jaggies on my HDTV just won't allow me. The game is jaggerific. I'm afraid my eyes will be permanently shredded if I lasted till the end.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King
Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By Danteveli

Cool. That person can always claim that Disney ripped off her work. I wouldn't count on victory in the court but maybe she will get famous and sell some of the work or something like that.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OfficeGamer

I hope he sues, makes a ton of money and single-handedly bankrupts Disney for ruining Star Wars games.

BANKRUPTS. THEM.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doesn't she ask everyone to not spread this around in the following post?

Anyway, I think it's weird how she's so upset and disappointed with Disney. Blaming a corporation is one thing when it's big decisions made by those in charge (even then it's arguable), but here it's clearly the fault of the one person who ripped it and to a lesser extent the one(s) who let it go through. Probably should've done an image search or something.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Anyway, I think it's weird how she's so upset and disappointed with Disney. Blaming a corporation is one thing when it's big decisions made by those in charge (even then it's arguable), but here it's clearly the fault of the one person who ripped it and to a lesser extent the one(s) who let it go through. Probably should've done an image search or something.

Working in graphic design, I can say it is also the atmosphere a lot of times it is just faster and easier to use someone elses work then to make it your self. And if your boss is under pressure, then you are under pressure, and sometimes they will tell you to do a google search and "just use that image."

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#12  Edited By audioBusting

@chibithor said:

Wouldn't it be Disney's responsibility if their employees screwed up, though? Their employees are a part of the corporate. That aside, it's not like she knows who in Disney did it and she's probably upset that somebody's selling her art without her knowing, and she did mention in the newer posts that she's trying to contact Disney about it so let's cut her some slack.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zenmastah

For shame Disney, for shame.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@dagbiker said:

@chibithor said:

Working in graphic design, I can say it is also the atmosphere a lot of times it is just faster and easier to use someone elses work then to make it your self. And if your boss is under pressure, then you are under pressure, and sometimes they will tell you to do a google search and "just use that image."

Ain't that some shit. I hope she takes legal action though. It is, from what I can see, her exact work on that Alice in Wonderland bag.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Kimba the White Lion has already been mentioned.