• 87 results
#1 Posted by TheFreepie (82 posts) -

Many people were concerned on what Disney would do with the Star Wars license. Rest assured, guys. You're gonna love this.

I know what you're thinking, amazing right?!

/sarcasm

I'm just here to see what you guys think of this, I personally don't like to get caught up in the Disney Star Wars bullshit. I just needed an excuse to call out A.N.T Farm for being an awful TV show.

#2 Posted by BrockSampson (296 posts) -

Wasn't exactly all great content back then either.

#3 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

I've got to admit, I liked the C3PO joke in the end.

#4 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

Yoda is currently being used to sell phones on British TV. How is doing this, or anything else, worse?

Star Wars can literally only go up from this point.

#5 Posted by MEATBALL (3155 posts) -

This doesn't bother me at all (but also that show seemed pretty awful, which is a shame because there's no reason kids' shows have to be awful).

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Doesn't bother me, I think it's cool that Star Wars is being shown to the younglings!  
Sad it had to be on such a terrible show but meh, everyone will live. 

I know, it's crazy right? 
There are actually people on the internet who doesn't get sand in their vaginas over the smallest thing!

#7 Posted by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -

Oh shit this is terrible

#8 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

Teehee!

#9 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

That was so bad I think my brain is bleeding

#10 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Still better than anything George Lucas has done in the last 20 years.

#11 Posted by Bollard (5392 posts) -

Alright, the C3PO bit won me over.

#12 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

This doesn't bother me a bit. Star Wars has become such garbage by this point that there is nothing Lucasfilm/Disney could do to make it any worse. If the new movies somehow manage to avoid being terrible I'll consider that a win, but I can't get too upset about this sort of thing anymore.

#13 Posted by Wacomole (816 posts) -

When a radio controlled bin on wheels is acting more naturally than you, it's time to re-evaluate your career as an actor.

#14 Posted by theodacourt (523 posts) -

Is A.N.T. Farm the tv show anything to do with Alien Ant Farm? It should be.

#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

This is awful and therefore fantastic. While I understand why fans of the series may be bummed out by this, I don't have a huge investment in the Star Wars universe, I don't think it was the most serious thing to begin with, and I think plenty of silly and shameless things have been done with the series before now. I supported the Star Wars Christmas Special, I supported the dancing mini-game in that Kinect title, and God damn do I support this.

#16 Posted by vegetashonor (575 posts) -

A part of me died...wait...nah, fuck star wars

#17 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Still better than anything George Lucas has done in the last 20 years.

#18 Posted by PhilipDuck (540 posts) -

'Yo step of fool !' Boom! C3PO is a baws!

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (7251 posts) -

Yo, step off fool.

#20 Posted by Serpentenema (217 posts) -

I can't wait for the episode of "Dog With A Blog" with Darth Vader

#21 Posted by Sweep (8837 posts) -

MB is crying right now.

#22 Edited by Sanj (2364 posts) -

Yeah, they're going to spend $4.05 billion on a franchise just to ruin it and alienate its fanbase, despite having already announced numerous feature films. Oh, and that TV episode aired long before the deal was made. If you think that's the direction they're going to go, you've got another thing coming.

#23 Posted by Christoffer (1786 posts) -

At least R2D2 is out-acting those kids.

This is aimed at toddlers, right?

#24 Edited by handlas (2671 posts) -

I could careless about Star Wars but, man, poor kids these days...that show looks terrible. Something about the way the main actress speaks is really annoying. I guess the kids still have Adventure Time and I hear Regular Show is good.

#25 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

What kids tv show isn't terrible nowadays? The C3PO part was funny though.

#26 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I really don't care that they are doing cameo's of characters in disney stuff. As long as then ext star wars movies/tv shows don't start taking what happened in icarly as star wars fiction I couldn't care less. Also, the C3PO joke at the end was pretty good.

#27 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4357 posts) -

It's a kids' show. There were shitty kids' shows when we were growing up and they're shitting kids' show now. The thing is, the kids' who watch said shows don't think they're shitty so what does it matter? I have zero investment in the Star Wars universe, but even if I did, I don't see anything wrong with this. It all seems like harmless fun that isn't meant for hardcore fans.

#28 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5139 posts) -

INTERNET RAGE!!!1

Edit: also if all those "haters" are dumb enough to get upset by this they deserve all anger this brings them.

#29 Posted by Trilogy (2647 posts) -

Four billion dollars wisely spend, in my opinion.

#30 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

Lucas did a great job at making me no longer care about Star Wars so I'm not gonna be bothered by whatever the hell Disney does with it.

EDIT: OK, that last bit was really good and holy shit that show is awful.

#31 Posted by Splodge (1163 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

Yoda is currently being used to sell phones on British TV. How is doing this, or anything else, worse?

Hey, if Yoda is cool with selling the phones, more power to him. Dude gotta eat.

#32 Posted by 42manZ (105 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

What kids tv show isn't terrible nowadays? The C3PO part was funny though.

I think there are some pretty dope kids television. Adventure Time and Avatar: The Last Airbender are great.

There will always bee good tv shows and bad tv shows. I mean, really, isn't there another kids tv show that star wars fans should be angry over? My Star Wars fandom raged over kid's tv shows that (in my mind) ruined Star Wars and now I don't even have the energy for that.

#33 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

The C3PO bit was really cool. Never saw the show, but i think this is just some harmless fun.

#34 Posted by buft (3315 posts) -

@TheFreepie said:

Many people were concerned on what Disney would do with the Star Wars license. Rest assured, guys. You're gonna love this.

I know what you're thinking, amazing right?!

/sarcasm

I'm just here to see what you guys think of this, I personally don't like to get caught up in the Disney Star Wars bullshit. I just needed an excuse to call out A.N.T Farm for being an awful TV show.

thats a decent show for kids and the very fact that they are introducing a new generation to star wars should be encouraged, not lamented.

#35 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -
#36 Posted by Benny (1950 posts) -

Is this real? Is this what passes for kids TV? Every line spoken was the most awful, poorly conceived one liner possible for the situation without a shred of intelligence or charm whatsoever. People actually get paid to write that stuff? I'm fucking losing it over this, this is easily the most I've ever regretted wasting 1 minute of my life, and some people watch hours and hours of that?

#37 Posted by MikkaQ (10276 posts) -

@Benny said:

Is this real? Is this what passes for kids TV? Every line spoken was the most awful, poorly conceived one liner possible for the situation without a shred of intelligence or charm whatsoever. People actually get paid to write that stuff? I'm fucking losing it over this, this is easily the most I've ever regretted wasting 1 minute of my life, and some people watch hours and hours of that?

Well to be fair, a lot of professional screenwriters start off with kids shows because it's all they can get. So you're not going to get Aaron Sorkin quality dialogue necessarily.

That said I kinda miss when kids shows were about teaching you something. At least that way you could excuse the bad acting and writing.

#38 Posted by ajamafalous (11931 posts) -
@Serpentenema said:

I can't wait for the episode of "Dog With A Blog" with Darth Vader

ahahahahahahahaha
#39 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4687 posts) -

Wow, kids TV shows are terrible.

Also this is completely inoffensive. If anything, it seems pretty cool for the kiddies.

#40 Posted by jjm494 (84 posts) -

Yeah I don't know why people would get their panties in a twist about that cameo.

On a more general note, I have to kind of admire people who are still Star Wars fan. I gave up on the franchise a long time ago after it became readily apparent that it was just an IP George Lucus was willing to whore out in any form for a quick buck. Those that stayed loyal though have a level of devotion I can't begin to understand. Or perhaps they're holding on to some sliver of hope, no matter how small, that something star wars related that is of good quality will eventual come about.

#41 Posted by Jay_Ray (1075 posts) -

I am constantly shocked by people complaining about this. Hell I know people who love the prequel trilogy because they were 6 when they saw it and has become nostalgic for them. And those people can not get into the original trilogy because it feels to old for them. This leads me to believe that the best Star Wars is the Star Wars you were introduced to.

#42 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

Oh well as long as the films don't change!

#43 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -

C3PO saying "Yo, step off fool" is great, you all are crazy.

#44 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

One new good movie and people will be on their knees yelling "OH STAR WARS HOW I LOVE THEE!". Back in the saddle.

#45 Posted by TooWalrus (13151 posts) -

Seems fine for a kids show.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in Episode VII but I really only enjoy the first two Star Wars movies.

#46 Edited by Shortbreadtom (733 posts) -

At face value this is dog shite of the highest order.

When compared to anything else Star Wars has done over the past forty years, this is middling at worst

#47 Posted by MildMolasses (3218 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

That's what I thought. Disney has made much better movies recently than George Lucas has, so I'm much more excited to see what Disney does with it than if Lucas announced he was doing the final trilogy

#48 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

At least C3PO tried to verbally defend himself and R2D2, but those fools did not step off.

#49 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@Gamer_152: You support the dancing mini-game, you say?

#50 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6294 posts) -

Holy stage five douche chills..