DJ Hero; Great or Gay

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Joshbra97

I honestly have no opinion of my own so that's why I want to see if there's really any excitement over this product. Are you guys waiting for this to come out? Of those of you that do are you fans of this type of music or do you just like rhythm games? I have no idea how to DJ. Are there people waiting for this game that want to try and learn how to DJ or are they already DJ'ing?

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Joshbra97

I honestly have no opinion of my own so that's why I want to see if there's really any excitement over this product. Are you guys waiting for this to come out? Of those of you that do are you fans of this type of music or do you just like rhythm games? I have no idea how to DJ. Are there people waiting for this game that want to try and learn how to DJ or are they already DJ'ing?

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By halberdierv2

a waste of time.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

How exactly would a DJing game be homosexual?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

Did you really have to drop the G-bomb, dude?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Guess one can't be great AND gay eh? First racial insults, now sexual orientation insults, what's next for the always surprising GB community? :P

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Megalon
iAmJohn said:
"Did you really have to drop the G-bomb, dude?"
Heh, I  sometimes refer to Giant Bomb as "G Bomb". You've ruined my nickname, good sir. 
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joshbra97
MattyFTM said:
"How exactly would a DJing game be homosexual?"
I'm not saying it's homosexual. I'm saying it's gay. As in shitty.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Joshbra97 said:
"MattyFTM said:
"
No, Gay means homosexual, not shitty.
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inkeiren
Joshbra97 said:
"MattyFTM said:
"
Regardless, using a word which is used as both identifying sexual orientation and a slur helps instill homophobia. Using it influences people.

It just does.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Snipzor
MattyFTM said:
You haven't met the Djs I've met. Or listened to the music they play.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Megalon

Yeah, if you want to mean "shitty", you should probably use the word "shitty", or something similar refering to fecal matter. 

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Joshbra97

Wait, so is it a problem to use the word Gay that way or something? Cause I see it all the time here.

seanbeamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By seanbeamer

Could have been a really excellent game, but it looks like they are just going to clumsily shoehorn guitar hero controls into a DJ game.

Oh man that controller, FOR SHAME

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Joshbra97 said:
"Wait, so is it a problem to use the word Gay that way or something? Cause I see it all the time here."
Examples? I've only seen it once on GB a long while ago, and it received a similar response to this one.
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joshbra97

http://www.giantbomb.com/shout/forum-search/?ct=forums&tpl=shout%2Fforums%2Fsearch_results.html&q=gay&forum_subclass=post

2701 examples found in posts. Do you guys think they're all referring directly to homosexuals or being happy?
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo
Joshbra97 said:
"Wait, so is it a problem to use the word Gay that way or something? Cause I see it all the time here."
Uhhh you've been here since May 4th. Stop acting like a somebody. It's sad to think that the 108 posts you have were all obtained in 4 days. On top of the fact that nothing you say adds to conversation.

Edit: By the way, it's not difficult to get 108 posts in a few days. I'm just saying... your posts are crap. That's what I'm saying.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By toowalrus

It's pretty homosexual, yeah.

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Joshbra97
Vinchenzo said:
"Joshbra97 said:
Uhhh you've been here since May 4th. Stop acting like a somebody. It's sad to think that the 108 posts you have were all obtained in 4 days. On top of the fact that nothing you say adds to conversation.

Edit: By the way, it's not difficult to get 108 posts in a few days. I'm just saying... your posts are crap. That's what I'm saying.
"
Wait, so you're a somebody because you've posted here for a long time?
mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By mordecaix7

To get back on topic (somewhat), if there's some good techno music on there, I'll probably like it.  I don't like hip-hop and RnB so if there's a surplus of that, I'll be moving the opposite direction.

Still crossing my fingers for Show Tunes Hero :)

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Megalon
Joshbra97 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Joshbra97 said:

"
"
I think it's more because he has a sweet avatar. Oh, and he generally contributes to the community in a good way or something. 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Joshbra97 said:
"http://www.giantbomb.com/shout/forum-search/?ct=forums&tpl=shout%2Fforums%2Fsearch_results.html&q=gay&forum_subclass=post

2701 examples found in posts. Do you guys think they're all referring directly to homosexuals or being happy?
"
Most of those are from the early days of the site when it was full of idiots. There are a few recent examples, but they are few and far between.
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joshbra97
Megalon said:
"Joshbra97 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Joshbra97 said:

"
"
I think it's more because he has a sweet avatar. Oh, and he generally contributes to the community in a good way or something. 
"
Umm.. his avatar? I can have some crappy drawings to for my avatar, so what. Besides the only thing I see him contributing to today is attacking me because he's got a stick up his ass.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stang

No Caption Provided

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Joshbra97

Good lord. Why do people always throw the troll thing out. I think I made it pretty clear why I made this topic. I'm not familiar with the audience of DJ Hero so I'm wondering if there's a big contigency of it here. If I go off topic it's because people come in here and post off-topic posts and I'm responding to them. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HandsomeDead

Depending on the music in the game, it could go either way. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a load of garbage throwaway dance tracks mixed by sucker DJs on there rather than getting some good mixes from good DJs.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Megalon
Joshbra97 said:
"Megalon said:
"Joshbra97 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Joshbra97 said:

"
"
"
Umm.. his avatar? I can have some crappy drawings to for my avatar, so what. Besides the only thing I see him contributing to today is attacking me because he's got a stick up his ass."
The avatar thing was more of a joke, but Calvin and Hobbes is pretty rad imo. Just trying to lighten the mood a little, duders. Just because people called you out on your use of an improper word is not a reason for you to have a stick up your ass.
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Joshbra97
Megalon said:
The avatar thing was more of a joke, but Calvin and Hobbes is pretty rad imo. Just trying to lighten the mood a little, duders. Just because people called you out on your use of an improper word is not a reason for you to have a stick up your ass."
I'm just sick of all this because I'm trying to make more threads like the ones I've seen here but the same people keep attacking me and just being off-topic yet I'm the one who's not contributing to the community. I appreciate the attempt to lighten the mood though. :)
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Stang

Grow up and you won't  be trounced. My 12 year old nephew has enough common sense not to call something gay when others are around if he does not like something. You ever think you may be offending somebody? Call me crazy but I think the answer is no.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By inkeiren
Joshbra97 said:
Yes :[
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HandsomeDead

Hilary Duff will not be pleased with how this thread has turned out.

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Joshbra97

How about this. Can you separate in your head that I'm not actually calling something homosexual and that I'm saying that this is bad? Why in your head are you associating bad with gay? Gay also used to mean fun, why not defend that meaning? I'm saying that DJ Hero may be gay because it may or may not be a terrible idea not because it's homosexual.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By artofwar420

Give him a break he's probably young and just hasn't learned that it's wrong to say things like that.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By inkeiren
Joshbra97 said:
"How about this. Can you separate in your head that I'm not actually calling something homosexual and that I'm saying that this is bad? Why in your head are you associating bad with gay? Gay also used to mean fun, why not defend that meaning? I'm saying that DJ Hero may be gay because it may or may not be a terrible idea not because it's homosexual."
Gay was turned into a negative word because of homophobia. Once you understand this, you will understand why it is bad to do so.
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Joshbra97

Maybe I don't understand what trolling is but what about this thread is trolling? Being off-topic? Cause if it is that's not my fault.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Joshbra97 said:
"How about this. Can you separate in your head that I'm not actually calling something homosexual and that I'm saying that this is bad? Why in your head are you associating bad with gay? Gay also used to mean fun, why not defend that meaning? I'm saying that DJ Hero may be gay because it may or may not be a terrible idea not because it's homosexual."
Don't you think that using the term gay to mean bad, crap, shitty or any other derogatory term might offend people who are gay? We all know what you meant to say, we are debating its necessity and it's offensiveness.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stang

No trolling is being a complete douche. Get it?

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Joshbra97
Meltbrain said:
"Joshbra97 said:
"Maybe I don't understand what trolling is but what about this thread is trolling? Being off-topic? Cause if it is that's not my fault."
People are assuming you're trying to piss people off and attract attention by being offensive and such, but I don't think that is the case. Just consider it a lesson learned for future, man. Don't use the word gay in that context again and nobody will have a problem. I think people should back off now, just don't do it again.Also, I think it could be a decent game, but the controller looks stupid. It would be sweet if they had all the awesome turntablists in there though. Would love to see Q-bert, Shadow, Cut Chemist, Grandmaster Flash, Mixmaster Mike, DJ Craze... that would be sweet."
Ok, I guess I'll be more PC from here on out but seriously I make a topic then people post in here OT and I'm the troll? What the hell?
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Joshbra97
MattyFTM said:
"Joshbra97 said:
Don't you think that using the term gay to mean bad, crap, shitty or any other derogatory term might offend people who are gay? We all know what you meant to say, we are debating its necessity and it's offensiveness."
Well I don't associate the word gay with homosexuals anymore when I use it. I mean it used to mean fun also. 
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By artofwar420

It's not about being politically correct, you're using gay as if it was a synonym for bad/terrible, imagine I said "that game is so white". Implying it was bad, see? Now if you actually think that being gay is bad, then you deserve all this crap.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By mordecaix7
Joshbra97 said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Joshbra97 said:
Don't you think that using the term gay to mean bad, crap, shitty or any other derogatory term might offend people who are gay? We all know what you meant to say, we are debating its necessity and it's offensiveness."
Well I don't associate the word gay with homosexuals anymore when I use it. I mean it used to mean fun also. 
"
I've known three guys who are gay and all three preferred the use of the word "gay" instead of "homosexual" when referring to their sexuality.  So I would just assume for the time being to just stop using gay as a derogatory term and as a term for being happy. 

There are much more creative and fun ways to say something is crappy, sucks, terrible, ect.
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Joshbra97
artofwar420 said:
"It's not about being politically correct, you're using gay as if it was a synonym for bad/terrible, imagine I said "that game is so white". Implying it was bad, see? Now if you actually think that being gay is bad, then you deserve all this crap."
Well, I definitely don't. Does that make it ok then?
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Stang

You are a lost cause. I have never come across a troll of this caliber, so congrats sir.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By Milkman

Great or gay....Yes.

EDIT: 
Also,

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Stang

@Meltbrain

As the adage goes, if you can't beat em, join em! I honestly don't think somebody can be this dense, do you?

Your avatar = win by the way :p