#1 Posted by threeve (199 posts) -
#2 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Of course.

= awesome

= even awesomer
#3 Posted by threeve (199 posts) -

Last night I had a congealed salad that was some sort of pineapple pudding, but also with grated yellow cheese (like a lot of it).  I am a person who eats almost anything, but this abomination was unacceptable to my palate.  Who wrote the recipe for a fruit salad with equal parts cheese and fruit I don't know, and I will never understand the reasoning.  Fruit and cheese simply don't belong in the same bite.  The dish would have been delicious - if it had no cheese.  The cheese (and I love cheese) ruined my eating experience.

I know that some [idiots] like cheese on apples.  You are stupid and I'm not afraid to say so.  What other cheese/fruit monstrosities are there? 

#4 Posted by threeve (199 posts) -

I will admit to eating hawaiian pizza.  dammit

#5 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

pineapple is a fruit right? pineapple on pizza.

#6 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@threeve said:
"a fruit salad with equal parts cheese and fruit"
do want.
#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14366 posts) -

No, no, no, no, no, no. It's just wrong. I dunno how anyone can eat ham & pineapple pizza. The sweetness of the fruit just doesn't go with with the cheese.

#8 Posted by PenguinDust (12483 posts) -

Apple and cheese...mmm, tasty.  A great side with a nice glass of wine (also made from fruit).  So, yeah cheese and fruit do go together but that doesn't mean that every fruit belongs with every cheese.  Who wants some watermelon and Limburger?

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11807 posts) -
@Meowayne said:   

/thread
#10 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

In France, having wine and some type of cheese for desert is commonplace.  Wine is technically fruit juice (among other things) so I guess fruit and cheese do go together.

#11 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

Cheese and apple slices is one of my all-time favourite snackfoods.
#12 Posted by Vitamin_Dei (188 posts) -

Tomato is a fruit --> pizza --> /thread

#13 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

The only time i've seen apple and cheese together in the UK is in sandwiches. There's also cheese and pineapple on a cocktail stick, which is terrible party food.

I do love a good hawaiian pizza though.

#14 Edited by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -

Goddamnit, I hit "no" by accident. Cheese and fruit definitely go together. Ever tried a cracker with brie topped with an apple slice? It's fucking delicious.

EDIT: Aww, RoujinX beat me to it.

#15 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@Steve_C said:
"cheese and pineapple on a cocktail stick, which is scrumptious party food"
Fixed.
#16 Posted by RandomInternetPerson (779 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" No, no, no, no, no, no. It's just wrong. I dunno how anyone can eat ham & pineapple pizza. The sweetness of the fruit just doesn't go with with the cheese. "
Not to mention how unhealthy it is! And,as already mentioned,its is complete fucking CAR-BITCH!
#17 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

I'd rather keep my salty away from my sweet...that didn't sound right

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10281 posts) -

They do in a culinary sense, and yeah it's totally fine but... 

You'd never see me within 10 feet of a fruit n' cheese plate or a hawaiian pizza.  

Primarily because I hate both fruit and uncooked cheese (as in, not integrated into a recipe, cheese on it's own).

#19 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

of course but it depends on the fruit and cheese.
a nice bree has a light flavor that will go good with most other cheeses, most of your unripened cheeses have no real flavor except very light so will end up taking on the flavor of the fruit.

your aged or ripend cheses like cheddar and such will go with only certain fruits.

#20 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I tend to forget that the US populace takes 90% of their cheese in grained or molten form. Eh.

#21 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

Of course it does. Especially with pizza.

#22 Posted by Meltbrain (2969 posts) -

Nope. Can't stand cheese with fruit in most situations.

#23 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" No, no, no, no, no, no. It's just wrong. I dunno how anyone can eat ham & pineapple pizza. The sweetness of the fruit just doesn't go with with the cheese. "
This,
#24 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Of course, it  depends on the acidity of both the fruit and cheese. In order to for both to compliment each other - there needs to be a balance.

#25 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Thinking about it, I think in these parts cheese in buffets or catering is almost always accompanied by / decorated with fruit.

Of course you have to differentiate between cheese and "cheese".

#26 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Cheese + Apples = Delicious.

#27 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Cheese also goes well with honey.

#28 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
Exactly. 

Then again, if my potatoes touch my steak, fuck it I'm getting a new potato...I'm dead serious. NO foods can mix, except on rare occasions.
#29 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

#30 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@Meowayne: How dare you, sir.
#31 Posted by BeachThunder (11807 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry: I guess you really are always angry; @Meowayne slaves away all day in the kitchen preparing a lovely platter of fruit (and cheese!) for us GB members to share, and that's the thanks he gets :(
#32 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1902 posts) -

Cheese is at its best when it is "uncooked" as someone else termed it. Fruit and cheese go together really well and it's probably one of my favourite things to have as a desert at a restaurant instead of any shitty chocolate thing they might put in front of me.

#33 Posted by Castiel (2562 posts) -

Yeah this is totally not spam!

#34 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

In the UK, we, people, believe that anyone from the US will put cheese on anything, just another weird stereotype.

#35 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Danish? 

/thread

#36 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" @AlwaysAngry: I guess you really are always angry; @Meowayne slaves away all day in the kitchen preparing a lovely platter of fruit (and cheese!) for us GB members to share, and that's the thanks he gets :( "
Burn him at the stake!!!
#37 Posted by kennybaese (663 posts) -

There's this hot dog place in town called Paulie's that has this hula dog that's covered in mozzarella and pineapple and it is possibly one of the greatest things ever. 

Also, Hawaiian pizza is delicious.  Especially when you get the pineapple rings and jalapenos and mandarin oranges on there. 

#38 Posted by Jeffery (545 posts) -
@threeve said:
" I will admit to eating hawaiian pizza.  dammit "
Pawnd.
#39 Posted by ZombiePie (5633 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" @MattyFTM said:
This, "
You two bring shame to this site. How could you ever deny the cheddar Granny Smith pita or the quesadilla and pear combo?

Also ricotta is a cheese so apparently people who don't support cheese with fruit don't like Italian style cheesecake or cannoli.
#40 Edited by MattyFTM (14366 posts) -
@ZombiePie:  Cheesecake is nice, but it doesn't taste of cheese. It's creamy and delicious. So I suppose my "no, no, no..." response was a bit over the top. Ultimately I don't like cheesey cheese with fruit. If that makes any sense. Which it probably doesn't, but I know what I mean.
#41 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Absolutely!  Grapes and apples are a wonderful complement to a good cheese.  Many fruit spreads are also delicious when paired with cheese and crackers.

#42 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, fruit can go with anything really.

#43 Posted by brotherlu (62 posts) -

In middle east (where I am from) we eat watermellon with cheese. Halloom cheese(salty string cheese) or chedder. The combo tastes great.

#44 Edited by ElegantRuby (516 posts) -

Pepperoni and Pineapple pizza with some kind of creamy white (ranch) sauce instead of regular red sauce is the best pizza in the history of ever.

#45 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

Pineapple on pizza is sick. 

#46 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -
@Vitamin_Dei said:
" Tomato is a fruit --> pizza --> /thread "
...holy shit...its like you just divided by zero or something. I don't know if my brain can handle this!!!
#47 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
#48 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Hell yeah, but not on a pizza. I can't stand Pineapple on a pizza, but I can understand grapes & apple slices & cantaloupe with brie or goat cheese on the side.

#49 Posted by Yummylee (21477 posts) -

Ew