User Lists: 0

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By WickedFather
@PenguinDust: Depends which hand you use to indulge Onan.  Since getting the internet I noticed that my dexterity balance has shifted majorly leftwards having to use the mouse and all with my right hand.  When you look at that guy from Resident Evil do you think "I know what you've been up to!"??

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/961/961553/the-top-10-resident-evil-bosses-20090311031512964-000.jpg
Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Choffy

Of course. I have an alright handshake, but I absolutely hate it when when I go in for one, and the other side has a weak handshake, or, even worse, when they start the shake with your hand completely out of the equation (just your fingers).

Handshakes rock.

Avatar image for sensuouslettuce
SensuousLettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By SensuousLettuce
@ZimboDK said:
@SensuousLettuce said:
@ZimboDK: Maybe you just gave a really piss poor interview and that's all he felt you deserved.   Like, the 'I'm not hiring this clown so why bother giving him a good handshake' handshake?
Yeah, it was before the interview so, no.
I had a good feeling about your interviewing prowess. I'm glad I was not mistaken.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By HandsomeDead

I shook hands with my stylist a few weeks ago and she just looked at me like what the H but then was like 'That must be a British thing.' I assumed a handshake hello was universal.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By ThePickle

I have sweaty palms and consequently give poor handshakes. Surprise, then disappointment.  Surprise, then disappointment.  Surprise, then disappointment.
pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By pplus0440
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By time allen
@somejerk said:
Handshakes are part of body language, something which is more important than spoken language when meeting people face to face. My handshakes are good, firm, sometimes even have a little swing in them if it's for an especially good occasion like striking a very good trade in which case I also have a smile on my lips. When some joe gives me a sloppy weak limp-wristed handshake the alpha male genes in me see a little pup that just flopped over on his back and to show me his vulnerable underside as to say "You are the boss".  I consider handshakes to be like that rise a glass and smile after taking a shot deal after a toast while out drinking, I am a master of those. Could go on forever about body language, will just say - observe yourself as you go about your normal life and interact with people, and how they interact with you. Good communication will get you places in business and pleasure.
suitable username
BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BrickRoad

I  hate handshakes. They're pointless. Oh, hello, let me touch your hand to show you I'm a normal person. Oh good, you're touching my hand too, we now trust one another. By the way, I sure hope you're not one of those guys who doesn't wash their hands after they've been to the toilet, or you know, have a cold or the flu. Also, your extremely sweaty hand was just what I was looking for, I'm so glad we met. Please use all the information you took from the handshake to build an opinion of me, and not the next few minutes where I speak to you like a human being.

Get out.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By hatking

I think it's good to have a firm handshake.  Keyword firm.  If your handshake is weak, obviously, that's not great.  However those who try to hard to give a hard handshake come off even worse to me.  I get it, you've got a gym membership and you want me to know.  Now go date rape your cousin, you alpha-male cunt.

captainanarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By captainanarchy

It is a confidence indicator.
SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SlightConfuse

you can tell a lot from a persons handshake, so yes

DrBendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DrBendo

Anyone who thinks that handshakes are significant or indicate personality traits is a fucking moron. It's the sort of thing that imbeciles pay attention to and lend weight because they can't bother paying attention to things that actually matter. One may as well make business decisions according to hair color or cola affinity.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Handshakes have been officially replaced by high fives.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ninjalegend

I tend not to shake hands. A greeting and nod should suffice. I judge first impression by if the person walks, talks and operates with purpose. I save the handshake for business deals, well played matches, and warm greetings to my friends. And yes, they should always be firm and convey your sincerity. A shake with someone you don't know as a first greet feels empty, even if you have the grip of a manbear.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By napalm
@SensuousLettuce said:
Now I'm not advocating the 'I'm an alpha male' handshake crush of doom, but put a little muscle behind it.  Thoughts?
I fucking approve of this. Also, followed.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Azteck

It's all about the fist-bumps, bro. Yeeeaaah, word.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Handshakes are still very important, shows manners and confidence.

So I'm firmly against these religions and cultures who are against it.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By xpgamer7

I handshake differently with different people.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By foggel
@Khadyn said:
@Beforet said:
I try to open every introduction with a handshake, so it still matters to me.
Same here otherwise its just a knuckle to knuckle hit showing respect (mainly close friends)...seriously who does high fives anymore >.<
I do!
BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BrickRoad

The Japanese bow. I like that. It shows respect without none of this alpha male stuff, and no touching is involved. I try to use the nod as often as I can, but it always leads to a handshake.

eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By eagles_band

If I shake somebody's hand and they don't put any firmness into it, i automatically know they are a pussy. 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73  Edited By crusader8463

I never know how much is too hard, so I usually just try to match whatever the other person is doing. Nothing I hate more then someone who squeezes real hard though. It just screams "I'm a douche bag" to me for some reason.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Mirado

I've given such firm handshakes that I've visibly startled people. I don't try to break fingers, but you'll remember if you've shaken my hand. I'm a light dude, but the one piece of advice I practice dally came from my grandfather: "Boy.....crush em."

...I think he meant handshake-wise.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By Gabriel
@HandsomeDead said:
I shook hands with my stylist a few weeks ago and she just looked at me like what the H but then was like 'That must be a British thing.' I assumed a handshake hello was universal.
Unless they know you, women don't like you touching any part of them.
WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By WickedFather
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
Handshakes are still very important, shows manners and confidence.  So I'm firmly against these religions and cultures who are against it.
Yeah.  In France they're really important and I loved the way my French guest had such great greetings with his friends, then lived there for a while and thought it would be great if we did the same thing in Britain which is still a bit touch-phobic.  Any time somebody touches you have to make such a song-and-dance about it, like "HEY, we're TOUCHING, LoOK!!!  We're not GAYS EITHER, I'll MAKE A FUSS just so you KNOW WE'RE NOT WHOOPSIES!!"  Personal contact is becoming almost taboo between different ages and sexes.  Pedophelia is the new witchcraft what was once an innocent bounce on a knee has turned into an act of suspicion due to media terror.  I'm too drunk to go on.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By actionTACO

sorry, the fist bump is the wave of the future. eat shit handshakers.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ShaggE

I do it to be polite, but I've never really given it too much thought importance-wise. The way some folks do it, though, it seems like we should phase out handshakes and just punch each other square in the face in greeting. 

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MezZa

Still important. A weak limp handshake gives me the impression the person doesn't care or doesn't have enough confidence to shake hands like a person. So that starts whatever social interaction is going on in a negative way. Sounds silly but it's just part of that nonverbal communication that we all have going on. Likewise when you can tell a person is trying their hardest to crush your hand that usually makes me think the person is trying too hard to be overpowering. Has to be a good balance for it to be a good handshake imo. Handshakes are more and more rare in every day life though. I usually only shake hands with opponents in tennis or at formal things.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#80  Edited By angelkanarias

strong handshakes give me a broner

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Zabant

Good way to catch a illness. Especially at e3

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#82  Edited By ReyGitano

I'm of the thought that nothing earns you respect as much as a good solid handshake, but I'm old fashioned like that.

Avatar image for sensuouslettuce
SensuousLettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SensuousLettuce
@crusader8463 said:
I never know how much is too hard, so I usually just try to match whatever the other person is doing. Nothing I hate more then someone who squeezes real hard though. It just screams "I'm a douche bag" to me for some reason.
This is usually what I try to do.  It's a tough play though.  If they limp wrist you then you limp wrist back so you both are lame.  I'm not sure how to respond in this situation. So I do a softer squeeze- like with the Charmin or a sexy lady. 

I have to admit though that I'm disappointed by a weak handshake...even if it's from a woman. 

I think from reading this thread, though, I'm going to go in midpower into every handshake and leave it there for the weaklings and adjust upward in power for the alpha males. 
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#84  Edited By lazyturtle

Handshakes are very important. First of all, it ties up the persons right hand and confirms they are not holding a dagger. 

But a mans handshake should be manly. If its too firm, you let everyone know that you're a giant pussy who needs constant reassurance that hes a badass. If its too weak, you let everyone know you're a giant pussy who is scared to grab a mans hand and shake it. Somewhere in the middle projects confidence.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#85  Edited By Tireyo

In business it's important, and it means something. 

I have a relatively weak handshake, so I wonder what that says about me......

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're the perfect set up before I deliver a swift kick to the gut and give em the ol Stone Cold Stunner! 

No Caption Provided
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#87  Edited By Brendan

I give decent handshakes.  Maybe you live in a poor handshake area.  

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Pinworm45

People with shit handshakes are people I immediately classify as the types raised in the soccer mom era of "everyone is a winner and no one is a loser". That is not the kind of attitude I want, I want someone who can get the job fucking done.  

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I hate the idea of getting to know someone's personality through a handshake. It's one of the most retarded fucking things I've ever seen. Not everyone is confidence personified with a square jaw and a puffed-out chest, and believe it or not, some of us get nervous as fuck before a job interview. Knowing this, it's understandable that you might not have the strongest grip when you're in that state of mind. There's no cure for nervousness, no matter how many times you say "It's not a big deal" you're still going to think it's a big deal, and the idea that you can present the proper credentials and look like a great candidate and fail because you don't grip some asshole's hand hard enough is beyond me. It's so stupid, but it's really just the first thing that's wrong with the hiring process. There's also the bullshit resume where we lie about ourselves and our interests, plus there's the drug tests that turn responsible Cannabis users into despicable criminals without futures. It makes me sick. Nobody is the person they say they are on their resume, who are we trying to fool? And then there's those awful questions they ask about teamwork and leadership, as if you're ever going to be honest in front of them when money is involved. It's such a horseshit system in general.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I think a lot of people don't mention how pivotal eye contact during the handshake is. And just in general. But yeah, they matter as much as they ever had, and you want the guy to know you're there.

Se7enthSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Se7enthSamurai
@Meowshi said:

It's a silly, superficial thing to base your opinion on someone off of.    But we are a silly, superficial species.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Mahonay

Absolutely.  When I introduce myself I shake hands almost every time.  It's just the proper and warm thing to do.  Obviously it's situational as well, if it's a big room of people you're not going to go and shake everyone's hand.  I think it's a courteous thing to do in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who seriously thinks that much about this stuff, if somebody puts their hand out to shake your hand then shake it, if they don't then who cares. Just be polite. If you're worrying about what kind of handshake you're putting out there you're already losing.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#94  Edited By JasonR86

I'm a handshake sort of person and give them more often then I give hugs. 

As a man, when I shake another man's hand and that hand is practically limp I get a little uncomfortable.

npeterson08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By npeterson08

I enjoy a firm handshake.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#96  Edited By YoThatLimp
@nintendoeats said:
I tend to use handshakes as a sign of respect when parting ways with somebody. Mine is not firm however.
This. 

Hell I shake my friends hands every time me and my friend part ways as a sign of respect. Maybe I am weird though.
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when i am introducing myself i dunno why but i always try to squeeze my hand harder than the other person. 

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98  Edited By shiftymagician

Handshaking is essential, otherwise I can't authenticate you over a secure connection.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By HitmanAgent47

For government it matters, or political jobs and stuff. You have to get your free mason handshake right.

AOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By AOR

The fathers of a few ex girlfriends I've had were very dependent on outdated norms like a good firm handshake is the sign of a true man. After experiencing their fathers even try to crush my hand as a semi-kidding but kinda they really wanted to way, I even started using the well known strategy of shaking a person's hand in a certain way so they can't crush your hand no matter how hard they try. It's just the certain grip you have, it's online somewhere.  

But yeah I see these sort of things going away pretty quickly with the newer generations. Another thing I haven't seen in a while is giving somebody the middle finger. I think our society has become a lot more emotionally hurtful and sneaky, which makes me sad. Before, a person would give you the finger if they didn't like you. Now they just flood your facebook account with hate messages or try to hack your email. Fucking cowards