Do some birth announcements annoy you?

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By danimal_furry

I was just reading the wiki page for Jolene Blalock because I couldn't tell if that was her in Sinners and Saints. I got to the personal life section and it reads " Blalock and Rapino gave birth to a baby boy, Ryder James Rapino on May 25, 2010." I love a good message of someone being born, such as "Keith and Teresa welcome little Brett into their family". For some reason it is the statement, "gave birth to" with the mention of the husband that bothers me. It makes it sound like the guy went through hours of labor and pain and squated out a baby right with the wife. I know it is supposed to convey togetherness. But isn't that really just a load of PC feel good BS, since the lady is the one doing the heavy lifting? If the same were to hold true in all couples, then adoptive couples may as well release the same statement. "Michael and Sarah Green gave birth to baby boy Brian, who they adopted." Does anyone have similar complaints, even if they aren't about the same particulars?
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

You can't have kids without sperm, plus all those years of having some brat whine and moan, trust me, when they say they both give birth to that wonderful unwanted miracle, they mean it. 

sleepykyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By sleepykyle

how can "Michael and Sarah Green"  birth a baby boy...who they adopted 

it should read "Michael and Sarah Green adopted a baby boy named Brian"...where are you reading this crap?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster
@sleepykyle said:
how can "Michael and Sarah Green"  birth a baby boy...who they adopted  it should read "Michael and Sarah Green adopted a baby boy named Brian"...where are you reading this crap?
Not if they paid doctors to shove the baby up Sarah's vagina and have her push baby Brian out. I'm a doctor, bro.
Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Bocam

@Axxol: ... My Mind!!!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By iam3green

they annoy me when it's a young people give birth so early. you know, people that are like 16.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't see any reason to assume it's some sort of commendation for the efforts of the husband, surely if you're announcing the birth of a baby it's only relevant to include the names of both parents. Why would you put the child's name and the mother's name, but not put the father's?

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@danimal_furry I'd be more annoyed they named their fucking kid Ryder
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danimal_furry
@sleepykyle said:
how can "Michael and Sarah Green"  birth a baby boy...who they adopted  it should read "Michael and Sarah Green adopted a baby boy named Brian"...where are you reading this crap?  

Apparently I wasn't clear. I was saying If it reads that any couple gave birth to a child (when only one member of that pair does actually give birth), then shouldn't it read the same for adoptive couples. They were made up by me to provide an example of what it would say if the same rule applied to parents who adopt, since neither really gave birth... just like the male in an actual birthing pair.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#10  Edited By citizenkane

@iam3green said:

they annoy me when it's a young people give birth so early. you know, people that are like 16.

NASCAR needs more fans, too.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danimal_furry
@TheDudeOfGaming said:

You can't have kids without sperm, plus all those years of having some brat whine and moan, trust me, when they say they both give birth to that wonderful unwanted miracle, they mean it. 

Still doesn't mean you gave birth. The father greeted him/her... yes. But the mother does the birthing and still goes through the same whining and moaning as the father (assuming he is still around).  

Either way, there's not a right or wrong answer. The point is things that get under anyone's skin about birth announcemnets. I've seen some with a picture of the baby before he's washed. THat doesn't bother me, but I am sure someone would find that a tad gross.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By crusader8463

I really hate that mindset people have of just because the guy doesn't birth the child he doesn't have as much importance or right to the child as the woman does. The baby is as much a part of him as it is the lady. So what if he doesn't give birth to it? He is the one working his ass off to make sure the child has a home to live in, can grow up in safe home and will have all the best material advantages in life that the father is able to afford.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danimal_furry
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@danimal_furry I'd be more annoyed they named their fucking kid Ryder

Hahahaha! Yeah. That is a total d-bag name. Unless...

Wait... nope. Still a d-bag name.
pkhilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By pkhilson

I love this topic!

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By danimal_furry
@crusader8463 said:
I really hate that mindset people have of just because the guy doesn't birth the child he doesn't have as much importance or right to the child as the woman does. The baby is as much a part of him as it is the lady. So what if he doesn't give birth to it? He is the one working his ass off to make sure the child has a home to live in, can grow up in safe home and will have all the best material advantages in life that the father is able to afford.

I think you are misreading my message. But your point is not less true. People who devalue the husband are as bad as people who devalue women.
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mazik765

You need bigger problems, man. For serious.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By danimal_furry
@CitizenKane said:

@iam3green said:

NASCAR needs more fans, too.

Oh come on! Who would MTV make a new reality show about?
danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By danimal_furry
@PKHilson said:
I love this topic!

It has a lot of good qualities, but in the end, this topic just doesn't have time for a relationship. He'll send a check.