Do we have any camera/photography enthusiasts here?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff

I'm wanting to graduate out of the point and shoot world (considering my phone can do that if the need arises), and move up to an SLR.  I wanting to spend less than $1000.  And I'm wanting to get something before March when I head to PAX East 2011 and WrestleMania.  So, I'm looking for any recommendations and/or an education on this stuff.  I've been watching cnet reviews, but I don't know what I'm doing really.

My sister got this one as a wedding gift back in September and seems to like it alot.   http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/canon-eos-rebel-t2i/4505-6501_7-33974698.html

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

The T2i is a great starter's DSLR; it shoots at a good speed, takes nice pictures (even with the kit lens), and is eminently usable.

I'm also a fan of the Sony Alpha a350, but only if you can get it without the kit lens (which is total horse-shit); if you can, it can be replaced with a huge selection of Minolta lenses, and the results are great. It's a bit of a slow shooter, but I'd happily sacrifice that for the great sensor and the compatibility with an enormous number of high-quality, easy to find lenses. I also think the menu-system is superior to Canon's, but that boils down more to personal preference.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#4  Edited By Marino  Staff
@jukezypoo: I'm generally a Sony guy with most things. I'll give that one a look.  Thanks.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Xeiphyer

There are some amazing articles on Tested.com about everything you need to know camera.

I heartily suggest just going there, typing 'camera' in the search field, and looking through some articles. I'll start you off on this one though: How to best spend a $600 digital camera budget.