#1 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -
I do I won't go into detail why but I believe in them.
#3 Posted by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (592 posts) -
#4 Posted by SomeJerk (3141 posts) -

I do not believe in ghosts but I do believe in fucked up shit. Like in the darkness of my home where there's been weird unexplainable stuff going on since that old lady next door passed away four years ago a silhouette of like a humanoid has been a tiny tiny bit darker than the rest of the darkness? Or warm presences, like after my cat passed away, he'd have joined me in bed like that or just lied on my feet to warm me up. And a bird sitting on the window sill and taking off the moment my grandmother passed away. Or maybe it's my fun uncle who's been ghosting my shit, it's his style, he went like he lived anyway, stepped off his motorcycle, asked for a six pack of beer, boom, dead.

#5 Posted by KarlPilkington (2684 posts) -

"I've got an idea, let's ask Giant Bomb if they believe in ghosts!"

I have no idea why anyone would ever think this.

#6 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Yes, I have had my experiences and encounters that no form of skepticism can disprove to me.

#7 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Your personality and consciousness are all just your brain doing shit, when you die your brain dies, and so any sort of consciousness would be lost. Thus there can be no life after death.

#8 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -
@Chabbs0 Bored and it's my idea not yours silly.
#9 Posted by Jeust (10473 posts) -

I do.

#10 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Nah

#11 Edited by Fattony12000 (7040 posts) -

Proof = 

very-clear-ghost-picture.jpg
#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -
@Jeust said:
I do.
#13 Posted by Cslaw (217 posts) -

i believe in people who believe in ghosts

#15 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Yes I do. Actually got to witness an exorcism at my friends house. I guess when it was being built years ago, the foreman's kid was at the construction site and unfortunately a terrible accident took place. The kid died at the site and his family told me they could always here these voices coming out of the lower level at random times of the day. A priest showed up and did the whole deal telling the entity that it was time to move on and all that stuff. It wasn't anything crazy, like the walls didn't start bleeding or anything, but after he was done, the lower level had this lighter air to it, and they never heard the voices again.

Also I used to live on top of this old bar, that back in the forties was a hospital. It even still had the incinerator down in the basement. Whenever I was down there, it always felt like I was being watched. Some employees actually refused to go down there and have told me that all they would see is the glimpse of someone turning a corner, only when they go to check it out, no one is there.

After my grandpa died, we went to go and clean his room out. He always had this small plastic Christmas tree with lights on it on his desk. As we were cleaning up, the lights starting blinking all crazy like. I went to go unplug it only to realize it was unplugged. My mom and I promptly left the room completely freaked out by what just happened. Later that night, my dad was getting a glass of water, and he said he saw this little glowing ball bouncing around on the floor going in and out of each room. Once it was done making it's rounds, it floated up and fizzled out. We like to think that was him checking up on us one last time.

Take all this as you will, but I still think there is some weird stuff out there that we don't understand yet, and probably never will.

#16 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, i believe in ghost. my friend's house can be haunted at times.

#17 Posted by Kinsella (59 posts) -

What is a ghost?
#18 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Nej.

#19 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

No, that's just silly.

#20 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

I am one hundred percent sure there is a spiritual plane parallel to our world. Other than that I'm pretty normal.

#21 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

No.

#22 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Yes.

#23 Edited by Surkov (991 posts) -

I have a hard time believing things that can't be proven or experimentally reproduced. 

#24 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

In most things I am pretty down to earth but yes, I believe in some form of ghosts. Not saying they are spirits of dead people but maybe some form of energy that has yet to be explained impacting things around us.

#25 Posted by Kinsella (59 posts) -

What happens if a ghost dies? What does it leave behind, an uber-ghost?
#26 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

of course not

#27 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm afraid of the dark sometimes, but I ain't afraid of no ghost. It's all in my head.

#28 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I don't know really.

Maybe ghosts exist, maybe they don't.

#29 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3743 posts) -

If something like ghosts exist, I'd think it's more of a "recording" of prior events rather than a sentient being or a physical manifestation that can recognize things or manipulate objects, but I'm not sure I even believe in the "recordings".

#30 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

Nope, don't believe in them. I do believe in wild imaginations, however.

#31 Posted by Zacagawea (1581 posts) -

Stop just saying no and start making up ghost stories

#32 Posted by bushpusherr (762 posts) -

No.  If ghosts existed, we'd see far more cases for them.  Think of how many trillions of people have died in history all over the earth...we would literally be swimming in ghosts 100% of the time.

#33 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Yeah, it's okay to believe in ghosts and aliens and shit, but believe in God, and people are like:"WTF DUDE?!?!?! ARE YOU RETARDED?!?!?!"

#34 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Holy shit, there's one right behind you!!!

...No.

#35 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming Those people should be ignored since no one knows the truth.
#36 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

Nope, but I think I saw one when I was a small kid, but who knows man.

#37 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

B.

But, if they were real, I know that I would be afraid of them.  Because...I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

#39 Posted by LibraryDues (342 posts) -

Nope

And I find it telling that the nature of ghosts seems to be constantly changing with the culture. 200 years ago they were Jacob Marley in "A Christmas Carol" style, rattling chains and bringing warnings from beyond the grave. Then the spiritualist movement sprang up and they started to communicate through seances and rapping on the walls once for yes and twice for no. Cameras advance to the point where double exposures become possible and, coincidentally, only then does spectral photography emerge. Skip ahead to modern times and apparently ghosts now communicate through vague hints to mediums ("I'm getting an 'M,' did anyone here lose someone whose name begins with an 'M'?") or in background static on tape recorders.

My point is that, things that are real, like raccoons, for example, are not constantly changing their basic nature with each new generation. Things in our minds, however, would be completely beholden to popular culture, and their nature could be constantly in that state of flux.

#40 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

Newp.

#41 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

= - P I do.

#42 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Anything's possible, but I haven't witnessed any paranormal activity. I've hear stories about spirits and other crap from a few family members, though.

#43 Posted by Omega (829 posts) -

Man I totally believe in ghosts. 

I swear there's a ghost that stands in the corner of my living room next to my air conditioner because every time I go in that part of the room I get this cold chill down my spine. Weird thing is it only happens during the summer. And at night when its all quiet I swear I can hear footsteps in the halls and on my ceiling and I can hear toilets and showers being used.  I think my whole apartment is haunted!

#44 Posted by invadernick (260 posts) -

I do but I don't want to, I've seen some fucked up shit and I don't want to believe it. Some of the things my friends tell me are seriously disturbing with guys getting hurt, it's really no joke everyone was dead serious and pale when they told the story. BTW it's currently the 7th month in the Chinese calendar which is also known as the hungry ghost festival, it's the only month the gates of hell open and friendly and unfriendly spirits return to see their families and stuff, according to legend at least. Take care!

#45 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

I want to believe ... but, no.

#46 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

#47 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -
@Omega said:
Man I totally believe in ghosts.  I swear there's a ghost that stands in the corner of my living room next to my air conditioner because every time I go in that part of the room I get this cold chill down my spine. Weird thing is it only happens during the summer. And at night when its all quiet I swear I can hear footsteps in the halls and on my ceiling and I can hear toilets and showers being used.  I think my whole apartment is haunted!
You get a cold chill when you walk by the air conditioner? And only in summer? Go figure.
#48 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1327 posts) -

Of course not

#49 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -
 Well, if they do, I'm ready.
#50 Posted by Omega (829 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim: Yep, that's where the joke was supposed to be. And the whole sounds at night thing was the fact I live in an apartment where these sounds are common. I guess if I have to explain the joke it isn't funny.