• 74 results
SofaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By SofaKing

I saw a muthafuckin' angel in my diarrhea last week and the next day my diarrhea was gone. What do you think about that?

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Captain_Fookup

I believe in Photoshop.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By Tireyo

SofaKing: Uh, ok... interesing! Disgusting, but interesting.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By toowalrus
Tireyo643 said:
"I can tell all of ya'll that my case is real.  I really seen a ghost.  If you agree with me or not, I won't be offended.  I know that everyone has the right to their own opinion and we all perceive things differently."
When I was 6, my friend Jeff and I were sleeping in the basement. Both of us were CONVINCED that we could heard a space ship crash and alien voices coming from the back yard. We were also watching X-files earlier that day. I do not believe that Aliens landed in my back yard. Turns out, people have very vivid imaginations.  Sorry, but you did not see a ghost.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Tireyo
TooWalrus said:
"Tireyo643 said:
"I can tell all of ya'll that my case is real.  I really seen a ghost.  If you agree with me or not, I won't be offended.  I know that everyone has the right to their own opinion and we all perceive things differently."
When I was 6, my friend Jeff and I were sleeping in the basement. Both of us were CONVINCED that we could heard a space ship crash and alien voices coming from the back yard. We were also watching X-files earlier that day. I do not believe that Aliens landed in my back yard. Turns out, people have very vivid imaginations.  Sorry, but you did not see a ghost."

I didn't watch anything of that nature before I saw a ghost, and it was unexpected.  I respect your opinion on saying that I didn't see a ghost.  I just feel that I did because it was really cold in the room even before I opened my eyes.  When he left, it got warm again.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By JJOR64

Dang I wish I was that good at photoshop.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Tireyo

JJOR64: I wish I was good a photoshop too!!

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Black_Raven

I don't believe them, though I wont go out and say there is absolutely no way. A picture, no matter how good it looks will never convince me, i need to see one for myself.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HitmanAgent47
Tireyo643 said:
"HitmanAgent47: There are such things as Guardian Angels.  Would you consider them ghosts?"
No they obviously aren't the same, yet they are spritual beings imo just like demons were and angels. I also belive that atheist and religious ppl does goes somewhere else, their soul isn't stuck on earth, rather in heaven or at the gate of it being judge. Of course I can't prove any of this, my only proof is, if you can prove there are ghost and they might exist, you can probally prove there is a spirtual world and a possibillty of a god.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Tireyo

HitmanAgent47 and Black_Raven: Ok! :D

TheSmilingDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By TheSmilingDude

Ghosts are as real as The Ghostbusters.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Otacon

The second image with the girl running is a triple flash exposure, hence the weird rainbow glare as well. I do not believe in ghosts, of course it's fun to talk about but it really is a load of nonsense.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Oriental_Jams

No, I don't trust photoshopped images.

ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By ishotmrburns
Guardian angels? What's next? The Tooth Fairy?
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
ishotmrburns said:
"Guardian angels? What's next? The Tooth Fairy?"
Yeah I know right! What's next after that? God?! *laughs to self*
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By teh_destroyer
Tireyo643 said:
"teh_destroyer: lol! Reguardless if ghosts are real or not real, I wouldn't want to see them either. :D"
It would seriously fuck your life up for a bit if you experienced or saw something of the sort.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Tireyo
teh_destroyer said:
"Tireyo643 said:
"teh_destroyer: lol! Reguardless if ghosts are real or not real, I wouldn't want to see them either. :D"
It would seriously fuck your life up for a bit if you experienced or saw something of the sort."
Not really.  I'm strange :P

Otacon said:
"The second image with the girl running is a triple flash exposure, hence the weird rainbow glare as well. I do not believe in ghosts, of course it's fun to talk about but it really is a load of nonsense."
Yea, they are quite fun to talk about! :D
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By Pie

Seeing a ghost would just confirm my suspicions and nothing more

Avatar image for goodbyesoberday
GoodbyeSoberDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GoodbyeSoberDay

I sometimes find myself confused as to how people can be either "for" or "against" something that can never be known with any degree of certainty (at least not presently).  We, as humans, can never really "know" that ghosts don't exist just as we can never really "know" that they do.  For people in the "no" camp, apply all the logic and "it's just bullshit" theories that you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you simply don't know.  What if the human invention of logic is actually only relevant to our perceptions and nothing else?  For people in the "yes" camp, have all of the "experiences" and faith that you can muster, but that still gives no knowledge.  Human perceptions of reality and our extremely limited knowledge are simply not reliable enough to convey that type of information.  "What the thinker thinks, the prover proves." 

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By William

No Caption Provided
OH GOD ITS A GHOST!
Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Canberra
William said:
"
No Caption Provided
OH GOD ITS A GHOST!"

No Caption Provided

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Absurd

No Caption Provided
Does anyone see the guy in the window?
diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By diz
GoodbyeSoberDay said:
"I sometimes find myself confused as to how people can be either "for" or "against" something that can never be known with any degree of certainty (at least not presently).  We, as humans, can never really "know" that ghosts don't exist just as we can never really "know" that they do.  For people in the "no" camp, apply all the logic and "it's just bullshit" theories that you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you simply don't know.  What if the human invention of logic is actually only relevant to our perceptions and nothing else?  For people in the "yes" camp, have all of the "experiences" and faith that you can muster, but that still gives no knowledge.  Human perceptions of reality and our extremely limited knowledge are simply not reliable enough to convey that type of information.  "What the thinker thinks, the prover proves."  "

Are people for or against ghosts? How would you define knowledge? Don't we live in a relativist global society, where all anyone has are models of human understanding that constantly change with time. Under such circumstances, how can anyone claim to know anything, let alone stuff about ghosts? I think belief is entirely seperate from knowledge...

Usually, things are deemed not to exist unless they can be proven to exist. "Disproof" is not a logical process, else we'd all be bogged down trying to disprove invisble spaghetti monsters, planet-orbiting pink teapots, and everything else you can dream up. Science works only by rational deductive logic, where positive evidence supports models of human understanding. Evidence for ghosts is typically inferred or interpreted as such using inductive logic - highly unscientific  - and useless for reaching conclusions.

People who believe in ghosts often ascribe physical manifestations to their belief. For example, someone earlier this thread knew he'd seen a ghost because he felt the temperature drop. As you say - individual people are great at imagining things, but particularly bad a judging and perceiving things. For example, most of us have gotten "shivery", or felt a "hot flush", when the temperature in the room hadn't changed. Scientific measurement is possible in this shared objective reality we call society.

There is no substantive objective evidence to support a belief in ghosts, which places the belief system in the same catagory as invisible spaghetti monsters and orbiting pink teapots. Unfortunately these beliefs are spread and re-enforced (even on TV!) by the tricksters, charlatans and con-artists that masquerade as spiritualists, mediums and astro-tat vendors. These "mediums" use common, documented psychological techniques and trickery to fool and extort millions of gullible people.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Tireyo
Absurd said:
"
No Caption Provided
Does anyone see the guy in the window?"
Who is that? Michael Jackson? :D

William said:
"
No Caption Provided
OH GOD ITS A GHOST!"
Looks like a troll demon like thing.   That looks so fake.

To all: Very interesting material.