• 160 results
Ersanven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Ersanven

If Satan doesn't exist I will have wasted a lot of money on goat's blood.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Turambar

Always kind of weird that people consider Satan the ruler of hell that punishes sinners or something.  Even for the religious, the Bible states it pretty plainly dude doesn't rule Hell.  God does, and dude gets punished in Hell instead during the end times. 

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By MariachiMacabre

One of their best songs by far.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#104  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I don't believe in him, but he sure seems like a lot better dude than God.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By mordukai

Just to clear to people here that Satan is Hebrew in origins and had nothing to do with evil. That's all Christian bullshit. Not saying the Jews have it right (none does) but how much of crap people believe if you hammer your shit into their psyche.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By Hunter5024
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By TruthTellah

*looks around the forums*

Yep, I'd say Satan exists.

Though, he's probably not the central evil that many portray him as. Sure he's evil, but the biggest evil in the world is still in each and every one of us. We're a lot more likely to ruin ourselves and the world than any supernatural force.

diamonddave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By diamonddave

I believe in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I also believe in Satan. Why? I guess being Catholic has something to do with it.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By mscupcakes

@Intro said:

@mscupcakes said:

No, I don't believe anything without evidence.

Lol never heard of the bible?

I have, I've also heard of the Qur'an, The Bhagavad Gita and other religious texts. None of them are evidence for the existence of gods, the same way that Grimm's Fairy Tails aren't evidence for the existence of elves.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#110  Edited By Red12b

@MooseyMcMan:

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By zeforgotten

If I did I would kick his silly ass for using caps-lock to write his stupid name. 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By NTM

I don't know.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#114  Edited By Lazyaza

No but I wish he were real, I've always wanted someone to idolize.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Reading over some of this thread, yeah I'd say so....it's mankind.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#116  Edited By kerse

You mean Mr. Satan? That douche stole the credit for beating Cell.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@MariachiMacabre: I don't think I have a list of best Cake songs. Most of them are just fantastic.
Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Quarters

Absolutely. More importantly, I believe in the Trinity, too.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By Arbie

I'm not closed to the possibility of there being something out there that's a bit, uh, Satan-y. But I'm not going to 'do good' just to avoid earning myself a place in that big sauna in the ground.

On a side note, if there is a Satan he better have a pointy stick.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120  Edited By dichemstys

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

Nope. I believe in God but not Satan.

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By SharkEthic

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

So just picking and choosing from the bible then, eh?

@Intro said:

@mscupcakes said:

Now this has to be trolling.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By dichemstys

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

No, I believe that the Bible is a dead book written by men and everything in it is an exaggeration. If you wanna know everything I believe, I don't think anything in the Bible is true. I believe that we were created and then that's where evolution took over. Nothing more than that.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By SharkEthic

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

No, I believe that the Bible is a dead book written by men and everything in it is an exaggeration. If you wanna know everything I believe, I don't think anything in the Bible is true. I believe that we were created and then that's where evolution took over. Nothing more than that.

Figured as much, just fucking with you:) People can believe what ever the hell they wan't for all I care. As long as they don't shove it down anyone else's throat.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MrKlorox

As much as I believe in dragons and wizards. Fantasy is fun. Also I love Dana Carvey's Church Lady character.

Diablo 3 isn't nearly as Catholic (aka Satanic) is it should have been. The Binding of Isaac is far more in line. John Carmack had a pentagram demon boner back in the 90's, and it was great.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By dichemstys

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

Figured as much, just fucking with you:) People can believe what ever the hell they wan't for all I care. As long as they don't shove it down anyone else's throat.

Yeah, you know, it IS the internet. Can't expect to not get fucked with. :)

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By intro

@mscupcakes said:

@Intro said:

@mscupcakes said:

I have, I've also heard of the Qur'an, The Bhagavad Gita and other religious texts. None of them are evidence for the existence of gods, the same way that Grimm's Fairy Tails aren't evidence for the existence of elves.

I was kidding lol.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By theveej

Death Metal Thor approves

No Caption Provided
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By habster3

@Fattony12000 said:

Oh, they exist...
Oh, they exist...

As a metal aficionado, this comment is just... amazing.

Other than that band, I do not believe in little ole Lucy.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Meowshi

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

What if he is? Nothing amuses me more than non-religious people trying to tell you that your particular perspective of a religion is the wrong one. As if not believing in God has someone granted them the authority to tell who's a real Christian and who's not.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe in a thing called love & I'm not the only one.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Jace

@Meowshi said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

What if he is? Nothing amuses me more than non-religious people trying to tell you that your particular perspective of a religion is the wrong one. As if not believing in God has someone granted them the authority to tell who's a real Christian and who's not.

Well at some point the technologically progressive portions humanity have to roughly agree on what reality is. Not in the sense of small details, or theoretic sciences, but at least be able to recognize what isn't true. We've done this before many times (see: All past failed religions.)

You'll find more and more people are disregarding theism as a reasonable explanation of our surroundings. This is especially apparant on the internet, where truly-free speech is more common.

Forgetting all of that though, I respect a fundamental "insert denomination here" much more than someone who just knowingly grabs and picks what they want (One could argue 99.9% of all religious people do this to some extent though, it's really easy to point out). At that point it's more obvious they're doing it to cover up insecurities and/or fear rather than to actually try and gain knowledge.

If people want to create their own little sub-fantasies that's okay with me. They just needn't complain when people start calling them out on it as time goes on and more advanced information spreads further.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Meowshi

@Jace said:

@Meowshi said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

Well at some point the technologically progressive portions humanity have to roughly agree on what reality is. Not in the sense of small details, or theoretic sciences, but at least be able to recognize what isn't true. We've done this before many times (see: All past failed religions.)

You'll find more and more people are disregarding theism as a reasonable explanation of our surroundings. This is especially apparant on the internet, where truly-free speech is more common.

Forgetting all of that though, I respect a fundamental "insert denomination here" much more than someone who just knowingly grabs and picks what they want (One could argue 99.9% of all religious people do this to some extent though, it's really easy to point out). At that point it's more obvious they're doing it to cover up insecurities and/or fear rather than to actually try and gain knowledge.

If people want to create their own little sub-fantasies that's okay with me. They just needn't complain when people start calling them out on it as time goes on and more advanced information spreads further.

Still amusing.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Jace

@Meowshi said:

@Jace said:

@Meowshi said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

Still amusing.

If nothing amuses you more than a religious debate, you should try going outside sometime. That, or make a meaningful contribution yourself (I know, it's a stretch.)

"Nothing amuses me more" than insubstantial comments being added by a whiny poster.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Grimhild

AHH... HAHAHAhahah!

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Meowshi

@Jace said:

@Meowshi said:

@Jace said:

@Meowshi said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@Jace said:

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I hope you're trolling.

...no I'm not?

Still amusing.

If nothing amuses you more than a religious debate, you should try going outside sometime. That, or make a meaningful contribution yourself (I know, it's a stretch.)

"Nothing amuses me more" than insubstantial comments being added by a whiny poster.

I don't find religious debates to be all that amusing. They are actually quite dry, when you think about it. And they aren't really so much debates, as both sides trying to proselytize to one another under the guise of discussion.

No, what I find amusing is you, and I don't much care to discuss anything with you beyond that statement of fact.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Jace

@Meowshi said:

"And they aren't really so much debates, as both sides trying to proselytize to one another under the guise of discussion."

That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've read this month, and I've read some stupid stuff lately.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Meowshi

That's just the impression I've gotten from the countless arguments I've seen on "The Internet, last bastion of truly-free speech!!!".

You're welcome to disagree.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Meowshi said:

That's just the impression I've gotten from the countless arguments I've seen on "The Internet, last bastion of truly-free speech!!!".

Nahhh, sorry dude. You just sound like you believe in the devil but don't want to be seen as silly so you're hiding in a box labelled "I find this all so amusing".

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SharkEthic

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Meowshi said:

Nahhh, sorry dude. You just sound like you believe in the devil but don't want to be seen as silly so you're hiding in a box labelled "I find this all so amusing".

Nailed it.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Meowshi

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Meowshi said:

Your dimwitted thoughts of the conversation are meaningless to me, especially since you sound like someone who has dumbly stumbled into the discussion without a single clue as to what's going on. Not only do I not believe in the devil, but I also haven't mentioned him once. My initial post in this thread was to one specific person, and wasn't in any way related to the overall topic of Satan or his existence. All I said is that I find it amusing when nonreligious people try to tell others that their personal approach to religion is wrong or invalid. They are free to do so, of course, and I'm free to find it silly.

Just as I'm free to tell you to fuck off with your irrelevant, meaningless nonsense.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Meowshi

@SharkEthic said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Meowshi said:

Nailed it.

Well, he's right about one thing, I certainly do find the condescension and ignorance I've seen in this thread amusing. Unfortunately, he's completely wrong in thinking that I give two shits what any of you think about me. I don't go to bed at night worrying about whether a bunch of self-indulgent nobodies on the internet think I'm "silly" or not.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SharkEthic

@Meowshi said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Meowshi said:

Your dimwitted thoughts of the conversation are meaningless to me, especially since you sound like someone who has dumbly stumbled into the discussion without a single clue as to what's going on. Not only do I not believe in the devil, but I also haven't mentioned him once. My initial post in this thread was to one specific person, and wasn't in any way related to the overall topic of Satan or his existence. All I said is that I find it amusing when nonreligious people try to tell others that their personal approach to religion is wrong or invalid. They are free to do so, of course, and I'm free to find it silly.

Just as I'm free to tell you to fuck off with your irrelevant, meaningless nonsense.

Dude, calm down. Just two posts down from my initial post about picking and choosing from the bible, I state that I'm totally just fucking with him, and that people can believe whatever they want. But since you decided to get all up in arms, being derogatory and telling people to fuck off, it's hard to not gang up on you just for being kinda obnoxious.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Meowshi said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Meowshi said:

So then, what? You're just being haughty because it amuses you to be haughty? That's pretty vapid.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Human beings are as close to the idea of 'Satan' as you can get. We're the invaders of this realm - we've colonised an entire planet and we farm and feed on the living beings, which once naturally inhabited it lol

Lets face it. If we were invaded by beings much larger than us or those who were a whole lot stronger than us...and they happened to like the taste of human flesh...or the idea of having a human pet - you would soon relate to the animals of this world, which we have fucked over for the good of our own appetite and amusement. We are their Satan.

Now THAT sounds like an idea of hell lol

Being beaten, boiled, eaten alive, slaving to your lords and masters through fear and minor reward...that kind of thing lol

P.S I'm not a vegetarian.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By sungahymn

Christian here, so yes.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Meowshi

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Meowshi said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Meowshi said:

So then, what? You're just being haughty because it amuses you to be haughty? That's pretty vapid.

I don't think I'm being haughty. :/

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Meowshi

@SharkEthic said:

@Meowshi said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Meowshi said:

Dude, calm down. Just two posts down from my initial post about picking and choosing from the bible, I state that I'm totally just fucking with him, and that people can believe whatever they want. But since you decided to get all up in arms, being derogatory and telling people to fuck off, it's hard to not gang up on you just for being kinda obnoxious.

Fair enough.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By mekon

No but it does make for some decent imagery and plotlines (Clive Barker novels and Event Horizon). Christians who don't believe in him are basically living out some boring ass lives, deluding themselves into thinking stuff like Wile E. Coyote didn't actually want to eat the Roadrunner, the random acts of violence which always went wrong were all for the greater good.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#149  Edited By mscupcakes

@Intro: Aw snap, I've been bamboozled!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I always wanted satan bed sheets.   I know it is a bit fancy but I like the way satan feels against my skin.