#1 Posted by laserbolts (5385 posts) -

Bored so I figured I'd ask a question. You guys into scented candles? What do you recommend? I love the fantastic aroma of a good scented candle. My go to is just straight up vanilla. I love the smell of vanilla. Fuckin car smell thing is vanilla and everything. I'd start a poll but I can't think of a bunch of different shit right now.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -

From time to time, I'll buy birthday-scented candles.

#3 Posted by Zekhariah (695 posts) -

Sometimes.

I get the ones that are on clearance for > 60% off. Chocolate mint was interesting.

#4 Edited by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I normally can't stand scented candles but for some reason my sinuses are okay with vanilla. So, vanilla.

#5 Posted by mlarrabee (3096 posts) -

I've got a vanilla one right now.

I can get down with some cinnamon, with or without apple, as well.

#6 Posted by Klaimore (941 posts) -

I really like the fruity ones.

#7 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

My wife does, generally fruity or flowery.

I enjoy them, but it's not something that would ever occur to me to buy myself

#8 Posted by Spellbot5000 (103 posts) -

Not into them, but I wouldn't be surprised if scented candles, along with aerosolized scents from companies like Glade, are cancer causing. I mean, it's chemicals you're intentionally inhaling.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (15286 posts) -

Nope.

#10 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

No... because I still have dignity...

#11 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

Sulfur scented candles.

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Protip: Jelly Belly scented candles are awesome.

#13 Posted by Marmalade (194 posts) -

I try to get apple cinnamon scented candles when I can because they're the correct choice, otherwise I'll go for generic lavender.

#14 Posted by AjayRaz (12487 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

that sounds amazing. i have some Jolly Rancher scented candles for some reason. they smell yummy

#15 Posted by WilliamHenry (1231 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

@BraveToaster said:

that sounds amazing. i have some Jolly Rancher scented candles for some reason. they smell yummy

I have Jolly Rancher ones as well. They're great.

#16 Posted by bassman2112 (864 posts) -

Pine Trees =)

#17 Posted by Aronman789 (2673 posts) -

Vanilla and apple ones for me. Cupcake ones are good too.

#18 Posted by Labman (289 posts) -

I usually have a vanilla scented candle lying around, in case of emergencies...i.e. I cooked something smelly like fish and want to make the house smell better. I have, from time to time, switched it up by buying a green apple scented candle and I was once gifted a pumpkin pie scented one that was pretty good. I was at a friend's house one time and they had a gingerbread scented candle burning that smelled amazing...haven't come across them myself, though.

#19 Posted by procrasturbate (277 posts) -

my wife just popped a Glade:Hawaiian Breeze.

#20 Edited by PillClinton (3302 posts) -

I don't take bubble baths while listening to Mariah Carey, so no.

e: sorry, that was kind of an asshole-ish, generalizing comment, but so be it.

#21 Edited by Jams (2967 posts) -
#22 Posted by teh_destroyer (3577 posts) -

Vanilla and Cinnamon are my thing.

#23 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@Klaimore

I really like the fruity ones.

#24 Posted by pyromagnestir (4344 posts) -

A day or so after a pretty bad car crash me and a couple of my buddies were in, one of my friends got a random urge to buy some scented candles so we went to the mall to buy some. It was weird. I think he might have been concussed. Personally, I refused to go in the store.

As I was outside a cute girl from my school walked past and smiled at me. I sort of half smiled back and wondered if I was hallucinating, but didn't have the balls to actually say anything to her. I only bring that part up to remind myself that I'm a scared little bitch, as I'm often wont to do.

#25 Posted by beepmachine (617 posts) -

I would never think to buy them, but whenever someone has one out I'm like "damn that smells good."

#26 Edited by laserbolts (5385 posts) -

Now that I think of it I'm a big fan of orange candles. Oranges smell pretty decent when in candle form. I guess it is considered feminine to be into scented candles but I fucking love em. Why not enjoy smelling the air all the time? To the dude concerned about candles causing cancer, everything causes cancer so live it up brah.

#27 Posted by AiurFlux (903 posts) -

A few vanilla ones, a few that smell like roses, and some that haven't been used but they say strawberry, apple, and one just says rain and it actually kind of smells like a crisp rainfall in spring.

I like them. If I feel like getting romantic with the old lady for extra brownie points or if I just want to make a wicked fart go away they're perfect.

#28 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1613 posts) -

I buy a cinnamon-scented candle every December.

#29 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

Scented candles, incense, and perfumes tend to make me nauseous. I especially dislike most vanilla scented things.

#30 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

Hell yeah! In fact, ginger bread scented candles should start to come back soon and I LOVE those.

#31 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2745 posts) -

Vanilla and Cinnamon are good. The one's that smell like cake are nice too.