• 107 results
#1 Posted by BillyTheKid (485 posts) -

#2 Posted by BillyTheKid (485 posts) -

For me I do not really care at all. As long as they are capable of leaving some kind of intelligent reply.

#3 Posted by Funkydupe (3318 posts) -

Doesn't matter to me at all when I'm discussing video games.

#4 Edited by Giantstalker (1647 posts) -

Only if they're using it to create some kind of sense of credibility at the expense of anything else.

I'm almost 30, by the way, so I know what I'm talking about

#5 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

Unless it's directly relevant to the argument, I don't care what kind of person I'm arguing with, as long as they're making a good argument, anything else would just be making an ad hominem attack. Of course if they are under 14 I will be banning them though.

#6 Posted by BillyTheKid (485 posts) -

@Gamer_152: Why would you ban them?

@Giantstalker: I see what you did thar.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

only if they say something like "back in my day..."

I say this too but I only say it ironically

#8 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

@BillyTheKid said:

It's in the site Terms and Conditions that you have to be over the age of 13 to create an account here, and considering some of the content on the site, the mod team agree it wouldn't be appropriate to have kids running around Giant Bomb.

#9 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

Why would it matter? I'm friends to people of all ages.

#10 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

I seriously came in here thinking this was going to be about vintage movie advertising.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

@BillyTheKid said:

It's in the site Terms and Conditions that you have to be over the age of 13 to create an account here

Which technically isn't just 14, but anything above (and including) 13.002739726 years old.

#12 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I only care if they're attractive.

#13 Posted by paulwade1984 (478 posts) -

Yes it matters. Of course it does. You do not have a proper world view at an age like 14.

Although if we're just talking about headshots, best boobs and stupidest haircut then I don't really care.

#14 Posted by Milkman (16782 posts) -

Only if I'm fucking them.

#15 Posted by BillyTheKid (485 posts) -

@Gamer_152: Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't read the age thing too carefully since I knew it would not really apply too me. Also I have not read it since I joined. 0.o

#16 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

I thought the under 14 thing was a joke........  

#17 Posted by TruthTellah (9033 posts) -

Sure. Though, the quality of the comment says more about the poster than their age. If the comment is good and well-constructed, then the age hardly matters.

#18 Posted by PandaBear (1371 posts) -

I have a Star Wars poster that looks like the one from the 70s, but it's actually only a few years old. I wish it was an original. So yes, I care about a posters age sometimes.

#19 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Yes, these kids these days with their things.

#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

I'm 16 mofuckas. You care about my age? Come at me bro.

#21 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

When I fist read this, I thought you were talking about posters....not, you know, posters.

#22 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

To me age, or experience in gaming, is a huge factor in discussing games.

Gamers rarely discuss games in terms of "I liked this game" or "I liked this about this game", we tend to talk in giant, grand, sweeping conversations about "the evolution of games" and "the direction of games" and "what games should be like".

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that most people who are interested in games wish they could be making games and have strong opinions on how games should be.

In that regard, nothing is more frustrating than having a conversation with someone who doesn't have the experience to form a reasonable opinion about the games industry, and yet feels they are 100% right in their opinion.

For instance, the 90's PC Gaming scene was utterly overrun with quality, mature, adult, story-driven games that featured good gameplay besides.

Kids who only started playing games on the Playstation or PS2 missed out on a HUGE chunk of this. So when they make comments about how x game is finally making games mature, or adult-oriented, it makes them sound like idiots.

I mean, as a music fan, I really had to pay my dues and listen to records like Brian Wilson's SMILE or The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band even though they came out before i was born, in order to have any sort of opinion on music or rock and roll today. I think, similarly, younger gamers need to play a number of classic games like Doom or Street Fighter, and preferably read a little bit about their context ,to have an opinion on games that is in any way valid.

#23 Posted by John1912 (1884 posts) -

14 sounds kinda young with all the naked cartoon pussy all over this site! Also yes Id like to know a posters age so I know if I want to bother responding or taking them seriously.

#24 Posted by SSully (4185 posts) -

I don't care what age you are, but if you are acting like an idiot then I won't take your posts seriously.

@Redbullet685 said:

Like this guy.

#25 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

@SSully: Agreed. Age doesn't matter to me, but at least act mature. That goes for people who are in their 20's, 30's, and so on.

#26 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

@SSully said:

I don't care what age you are, but if you are acting like an idiot then I won't take your posts seriously.

@Redbullet685 said:

Like this guy.

Was my post really that believable? Huh. Well, sir, that was not a serious post.

To actually add to the thread, obviously since I'm only 16 I couldn't care less about the age of a user. I pretty much go by what said up there.

#27 Posted by YummyTreeSap (309 posts) -

I don't inherently care about a person's age. Thing is, there's probably a good chance that a young person lacks a lot of the qualities that influence good posting. I know the younger people will probably scream in indignation at my sweeping generalization, but I mean, I sure know I was kind of an embarrassing person in my early teens and dang, I was a fairly well-behaved teenager. I think once those years are pretty far into our past, we're all a little embarrassed by ourselves at that period. Just how it is.

And, for the record, I'm having a little bit of fun with this. Certainly not implying that there young people's opinions are totally worthless, or that they all suck. Or that adults are the opposite. Adults are horrible in their own unique ways, too!

#28 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3866 posts) -

No. Also there are some hilarious answers in here already. Nice work.

#29 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Don't care whatsoever.

#30 Posted by SSully (4185 posts) -

@Redbullet685: Not really, but it made for a great example! Hopefully no offense was taken duder.

#31 Posted by DarthOrange (3861 posts) -
@John1912 said:

14 sounds kinda young with all the naked cartoon pussy all over this site!

I agree. There is naked cartoon pussy everywhere! And all this naked cartoon pussy is free to download and works on any mobile device. Kids under the age of 14 should stay far away because this website is packed to the rim with naked cartoon pussy.
#32 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6298 posts) -

Nah, but I get when people get pissed off at teenagers on the internet, because I was a fucking twat when I first started using forums and blogs at 12-13. I even wrote some cringe-worthy stuff here, since I was just 16 when the site launched. Fuck that makes me feel old, even at 20.

#33 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

@SSully said:

@Redbullet685: Not really, but it made for a great example! Hopefully no offense was taken duder.

Oh well good! And I am glad that my post was put to good use for your example.

#34 Posted by BillyTheKid (485 posts) -

@PandaBear said:

I have a Star Wars poster that looks like the one from the 70s, but it's actually only a few years old. I wish it was an original. So yes, I care about a posters age sometimes.

Really? As cool as that is, it is not what the thread is about... XD

#35 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

I thought you were referring to like things you hang on your wall before I read your post. Whoops.

And that would be super hypocritical of me of I did care.

#36 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Assuming we're talking about video games, no, that is probably not relevant to the discussion. Now, if we're talking about something.......I don't know, deathly serious then yeah, it should be taken into account. I try not to mention my age too often because I don't want what I post to be given less credence as a result, but I'm seventeen and I can see why some older users might use that against me in a discussion. Furthermore, I try to never use my age as a legitimate excuse or limitation when arguing something on this site, unless, of course, my age is a pertinent piece of information that I find necessary for others to understand what I am arguing.

#37 Posted by Slag (4348 posts) -

really irrelevant as people's life experiences vary by a lot, however generally speaking the dumber things I've seen said tend to be said by younger posters. That's too be expected though, everybody goes through it.

It's foolhardy to say ignore all teen posters. You certainly can't just pick an age and pick to ignore them. Wisdom can come from surprising places.

That being said I do wish there was a decent way to filter ages on online games, would make things like Xbox Live/PSN/DotA a lot more enjoyable. I'd wager 95%+ of all the bad experiences I've had online gaming have come when I've faced a teen opponent.

#38 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

I care about what the user has to say. However, it's more likely that an immature poster or a troll is younger, so in that sense, I care.

#39 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Nope, it doesn't matter to me at all. The only thing that does matter is if someone is acting like an idiot, just like @SSully said. I'm only 16 though, so I can't really judge other people on their age without judging myself.

#40 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I don't care at all. That is the beauty of the internet and forums. Anyone regardless of age, race, class, gender, etc are all equal.

#41 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

I don't even take it into consideration most of the time when I read people's posts. The average giant bomb forum poster is represented in my mind's eye as about 24; why? I dunno.

#42 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@BillyTheKid said:

For me I do not really care at all. As long as they are capable of leaving some kind of intelligent reply.

This.

@JZ said:

Yes, these kids these days with their things.

I'm older and have one too.

#43 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

@BillyTheKid said:

It's in the site Terms and Conditions that you have to be over the age of 13 to create an account here, and considering some of the content on the site, the mod team agree it wouldn't be appropriate to have kids running around Giant Bomb.

What's the point of the rule when you can lie and say you're older than you are. The rule is pointless unless you have a way of proving someones age, which you don't, so give it up.

#44 Edited by villainy (558 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

@Gamer_152 said:

@BillyTheKid said:

What's the point of the rule when you can lie and say you're older than you are. The rule is pointless unless you have a way of proving someones age, which you don't, so give it up.

I assume the point is COPPA. It's just easier to state that in the terms and ban anyone found to be under 13 than sort through the laws and make sure the site is compliant.

#45 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

People are capable of being fucking idiots no matter what their age is.

#46 Edited by Renahzor (991 posts) -

Posters tend to get more valuable with age, and old horror movie posters are wicked awesome! /thread

#47 Posted by Stonyman65 (2703 posts) -

It depends. Most of the younger (16 and under) people I have encountered online have been some of the dumbest, most immature people I've ever seen. For every one person I encountered that was actually saying something that wasn't just total nonsense, there are probably 5 more that where just the worst kinds of reddit and 4chan trash you could ever imagine. Especially on the guitar forums. "You're 13, you're not even in high school yet and don't know shit about doing shit"

#48 Posted by Coafi (1488 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I don't care at all. That is the beauty of the internet and forums. Anyone regardless of age, race, class, gender, etc are all equal.

This is beautiful. :')

@Renahzor said:

Posters tend to get more valuable with age, and old horror movie posters are wicked awesome! /thread

HA!

#49 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4798 posts) -

Yes a user's age matters.I have zero desire to converse with, interact with, or in any way whatsoever be around teenagers. They're vapid, stupid, ignorant, and have zero context or understanding of how the world works or what goes into living in it. They're the kind of toolbags who talk about how you should totally have "the talk" about the birds and the bees with an eight year old child because what the fuck could be the harm in them knowing about something they have zero context for?

Ugh. Fuck teenagers. Spoiled, arrogant little shits.

#50 Posted by hawkinson76 (368 posts) -

you should have stopped at posters.