#1 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -
#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19107 posts) -

Every once in a while I do.

Speaking of energy drinks, I miss that section of the Bombcast.   :(

#3 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

I don't drink sugary beverages anymore.

#4 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

I drink energy drinks maybe twice a week. I usually drink Rockstar. 

So duders, do you drink energy drinks? 

EDIT: The first post will probably be ''ALCOHOL IS FOR REAL MEN'' or alike. 
EDIT 2: Sorry for putting capitalization on energy and drinks.

#5 Posted by MonetaryDread (2229 posts) -

I do every once in a while. My only hesitation is the cost of energy drinks. I'm just not willing to spend $4 on a soda.

#6 Posted by Portis (1283 posts) -

Hell-to-the-no.

#7 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I tried Red Bull a couple times. I had two of them one night when I was working on a paper that was due the next morning. I just got such a rush from it that I couldn't focus. I'd probably drink it before playing a sport or something that takes a lot of endurance but than again I've read reports that energy drinks are really bad for your heart. I do drink a lot of coffee though in the morning.

#8 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Very, very rarely.  More so recently.

#9 Posted by EndlessObsidian (481 posts) -

No, energy drinks are the devils work.

#10 Posted by hedfone (1731 posts) -

fuggin water

#11 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -

I've been known to enjoy the occasional energy drink. 

#12 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (790 posts) -

Not anymore, sometimes i used to get shaky hands when i drank them.

#13 Posted by Bucketdeth (8057 posts) -

Nope not anymore, I try not to touch soda much anymore either.

#14 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Do you mean recreationally? Or just when you need extra energy? (edit: Judging from your post, you mean recreationally. In that case I chose No).

For me it's the latter. But I do drink Mountain Dew regularly, in case that can be retrofitted into the energy drink category.

#15 Posted by Vestigial_Man (311 posts) -
@MonetaryDread said:
" I do every once in a while. My only hesitation is the cost of energy drinks. I'm just not willing to spend $4 on a soda. "
Also the smell makes me gag.
#16 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1272 posts) -

I drink 2 a day on a work day.  1 to wake up at 4am and one during lunch at 11. If I wasn't drinking energy drinks I'd be drinking coffee.

Days off I stick with regular soda or caffeine free soda.

#17 Posted by The_Joker (251 posts) -
@the_hiro_abides said:
" I drink 2 a day on a work day.  1 to wake up at 4am and one during lunch at 11. If I wasn't drinking energy drinks I'd be drinking coffee.  Days off I stick with regular soda or caffeine free soda. "
Damn I was excited that I was the most devout energy drink drinker but you got me with your 2 a day. Just one a day for me. Dislike coffee. Don't know how people like me got up at 6am before Amp/Monster.
#18 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

No energy drinks (except mixing Red Bull with vodka or Jägermeister...) but I drink around 6 liters of Coke Zero a day... : /
#19 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

Fuck no, they taste disgusting. As for caffeine content if I really need to wake up I'm better off with a cup of coffee, instead of whatever sugary mess passes for an energy drink.

#20 Posted by GoofyGoober (933 posts) -

I work overnight shifts, so yes, they are a must for me at some points.

#21 Posted by teh_destroyer (3583 posts) -
@MonetaryDread said:
" I do every once in a while. My only hesitation is the cost of energy drinks. I'm just not willing to spend $4 on a soda. "
$4 on a soda? Where the hell do you live? They cost $1.62 where I live and I think thats expensive. I don't drink energy drinks, I like my energy to build up naturally inside of me.
#22 Posted by Mcfart (1751 posts) -

All the time. So much so that I hardly feel anything, even from a Extra strength 5 hour energy.

#23 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

Nope. I only drink water and green tea (no sweeteners or other such additives)

#24 Posted by JoeyIA (664 posts) -

Yes

#25 Edited by Robot_Sneakers (417 posts) -

Yeah, though I've been thinking of calling it quits on anything with caffeine for a while. I drink a couple of cups of coffee and sometimes an energy drink daily, and well that's a bit much.

#26 Posted by MonetaryDread (2229 posts) -
@teh_destroyer said:
" @MonetaryDread said:
$4 on a soda? Where the hell do you live? They cost $1.62 where I live and I think thats expensive. I don't drink energy drinks, I like my energy to build up naturally inside of me. "
Canada.  Red bull is like $3.69 plus tax. Everything is more expensive in Canada.
#27 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Torn between classic monster & the mocha coffee version of monster (or original, rest of the coffee flavours are kinda wonky & might have one every so often but too many just don't taste right) .

#28 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, i'll drink one every once in a while. i haven't' had one in a couple of weeks.

#29 Posted by teh_destroyer (3583 posts) -
@MonetaryDread said:
" @teh_destroyer said:
" @MonetaryDread said:
$4 on a soda? Where the hell do you live? They cost $1.62 where I live and I think thats expensive. I don't drink energy drinks, I like my energy to build up naturally inside of me. "
Canada.  Red bull is like $3.69 plus tax. Everything is more expensive in Canada. "
I thought you meant like a coke when you said soda. Red Bull is very expansive also, pretty close to $5 for a small can.
#30 Posted by Tordah (2498 posts) -

Yes, I do.

#31 Posted by MonetaryDread (2229 posts) -
@teh_destroyer said:
" @MonetaryDread said:
" @teh_destroyer said:
" @MonetaryDread said:
Canada.  Red bull is like $3.69 plus tax. Everything is more expensive in Canada. "
I thought you meant like a coke when you said soda. Red Bull is very expansive also, pretty close to $5 for a small can. "
Well that is what an energy drink is. It is just soda with more caffeine than normal.
#32 Posted by Gamer_152 (14134 posts) -

I'm not drinking them much at the moment but I've drunk energy drinks in the past. I used to drink quite a few energy drinks in the first half of my first year at university.

#33 Posted by Ishoturface (421 posts) -

I have one everynow and then.
#34 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

My risk for kidney stones is high enough as is.

#35 Posted by Radar (907 posts) -

Every once in a while

#36 Posted by ajamafalous (12264 posts) -

Not regularly. A couple times a month maybe, if I've got some type of crunch time.

#37 Posted by Brutal_Bisp (146 posts) -

No. I assume they're instant death.

#38 Posted by SMTDante89 (2611 posts) -

Tried one once, thought it tasted awful and it really isn't healthy for me to drink them, so two bads = never again.

#39 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I do mostley  because I enjoy the taste of monsters
#40 Posted by Dalai (7110 posts) -

Haven't had one in a long time. And that will probably remain that way forever.

#41 Posted by buzz_clik (7053 posts) -

More than I should but less than I used to.

#42 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -

They don't actually get me amped, so it doesn't matter. I don't really drink them because there's no point.

#43 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1777 posts) -

I drink Red Bull occasionally. Definitely not an everyday beverage.

#44 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

No. They taste awful and don't work well on me.

#45 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

i drink energy drinks instead of coffee.

#46 Posted by LetsRockBaby (220 posts) -

I tried Red Bull once. Didn't like it.

I'll stick to coffee.

#47 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -
@Axxol: Mountain Dew AMP tastes just like mountain dew. Specifically, the orange flavor tastes exactly like LiveWire. LiveWire was one of my favorite sodas of all time (until they stopped FUCKING making it), so needless to say, it tastes good.
#48 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -
@example1013 said:
" @Axxol: Mountain Dew AMP tastes just like mountain dew. Specifically, the orange flavor tastes exactly like LiveWire. LiveWire was one of my favorite sodas of all time (until they stopped FUCKING making it), so needless to say, it tastes good. "
I've had one of those and hated it. They don't taste exactly like LiveWire to me.
#49 Posted by McNaastyy (115 posts) -

I like Amp but thats about it

#50 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -

I used to drink them a lot. But I cut that out. Along with soda.