#1 Edited by Vrikk (888 posts) -

I love my life. I have a good job, quality friends, and have had success with the opposite sex in my life. However, sometimes I take a look at my life and get somewhat depressed that I didn't pick the hobbies and lifestyle that would lead to more social interactions, going to the clubs, etc. 

Keep in mind that I do go out with friends, go to bars, etc. But it doesn't sound as natural as I think it does to other socialites so I start to wonder if I picked the right path. I don't regret how I live since I have everything I need, but... y'know, we all have retrospectives.

#2 Posted by AZ123 (158 posts) -

Hell yes.

#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Fuck no.

#4 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -
#5 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6388 posts) -
@AZ123 said:
" Hell yes......sometimes "
fixed.
#6 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

i aint no nerd! i just come here to give wedgies and push kids in lockers!

#7 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

Oh absolutely, because if I wasn't I would probably be one of those kids who plays every sport in school but fails every class.

#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

You actually want to go to clubs? Seems to me those types of people have no personality.

#9 Posted by Vrikk (888 posts) -
@Vinchenzo: Understood, I know a lot of them are skin deep but it's still sometimes good to be that social. I guess it depends on if you recharge with your friends or just around people.
#10 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

Considering what environment being a nerd has put me into, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Tried doing the bar/club thing, but found it just really isn't for me. All that loudness and clumping together of people make me anxious. Give me a cool couple of friends to go to dinner with or go bowling or play a boardgame with anytime.

#11 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Yes,I do

#12 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

If I were anything but a "nerd" then I wouldn't be myself.

#13 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

I like who I am, so yeah I guess so.

#14 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Hanging out with people is cool and all, but the best part of my day is when I get home, relax, and play video games. Going out with people everyday makes me tired as hell. 

#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I'm not a nerd, I'm Axxol.

#16 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" I'm not a nerd, I'm Axxol. "
Yo, man. You Gangsta!  

#17 Posted by Scrawnto (2435 posts) -

I could use some more success with the opposite sex, but generally I do enjoy being a nerd. It helps that I have some cool nerd friends. The group of people who do parkour at my school is actually almost exclusively made up of nerds.

#18 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -
@Axxol said:
This.
#19 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

somewhat 

#20 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I'd say so.

#21 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:
" @Axxol said:
This. "
Silly Billy. You're not Axxol , you're Redbullet65.
#22 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" somewhat  "
Please explain why Ayane has grown a monocle
#23 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @Redbullet685 said:
" @Axxol said:
This. "
Silly Billy. You're not Axxol , you're Redbullet65. "
That is what they want you to think.
#24 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

Nerd pride

#25 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @Axxol said:
Yo, man. You Gangsta!  

"
Hey bruh, keep my pictures in that thread. Actually, bump it to the forums we need more douche pictures.
#26 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -

Yes.

#27 Posted by blackbird415 (777 posts) -

I personally do enjoy being a nerd, but I do keep it on a somewhat downlow to keep my social interactions broad. I'll totally talk nerd with another nerd, but I'll talk as outdoorsy as I can to an outdoorsy type person. Ive gotten much better with my social interactions over time.

#28 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I'm not a nerd, I'm a geek, nerds enjoy the same things as me, but they get good grades and will end up with money and whatever chicks they can buy (a lot)

#29 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@Dany said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" somewhat  "
Please explain why Ayane has grown a monocle "
you're a bit late, friend. she started wearing a monocle to be fancy. 
#30 Posted by Brendan (7696 posts) -

I'm both a nerd and not really I guess.  I mean, I don't wear white sunglasses indoors or wear pink shirts with my collar popped, but I enjoy going out with friends, I've had (some) success with the opposite sex, and I've played sports all my life.  At the same time, I've always loved playing games, so I've hung out with nerds as much as sports guys as well.  I do well in my classes in Uni and work hard at that, so I don't try to be a slacker. 

Actually, you know what?  Fuck that, I'm totally a nerd, but a socially acceptable one I guess haha.
#31 Posted by thaijedi (139 posts) -
@Vrikk:  I do enjoy being a nerd, but there are other avenues and clubs that are niche that I also do which overlap with my nerdom. For example, I do alot of acting at the local drama club where we perform for school charity events and so on. I'm also involved in a club called riding for the disabled at the local stable where we help kids with physical disabilities get into shape (literally). It's really good because some of my closest friends (maybe 2 or 3) are in all three groups but we hang out with all the other groups. The drama group gets a bit rambunctious as you can imagine. But I don't regret being a nerd cause it's not the only thing I do. I'm also a drama geek and a mini mother Teresa!
#32 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

I am a nerd and I love it.

#33 Edited by wrecks (2216 posts) -

Don't label me man. And yes.

#34 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Sometimes I guess.

#35 Posted by d_breeze (223 posts) -

I like being a nerd, but I'm also part jock and part free-spirit :)
#36 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

No.

#37 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1171 posts) -

I like being a nerd. It helps narrow down my friends. I just have to be careful with the females not to expose it too soon. Sometimes being a nerd is like having a croaked penis to women. All and all I love it though.

#38 Posted by zepp (230 posts) -

Of course! Although it is a bit awkward the first time your roommate finds out you play WoW. They get over it eventually hahaha.

#39 Posted by Jimbo7676 (711 posts) -
@Vrikk:  It's who I am and I like it because I don't know any better. I can't suddenly change and reinvent myself. That seems shallow and like way too much work to me. I'll stick with being a nerd.