#1 Edited by Devil240Z (3383 posts) -

Okay Ive been working retail for almost two years before that I worked in a bakery. And from time to time I will find really good deals. Such as black friday deals at my store or some random clearance thing that has been sitting on a shelf for ever and is now ludicrously cheap.

I have bought two messenger/laptop bags though I don't really even need one. They were both in the 100 dollar range and I bought them on clearance for around $20 each. Now to further explain myself the last time I got any kind of bag was the backpack I got as a freshmen in highschool and thats the bag I have had for about ten years so I really really liked the idea of having a nice bag even though I don't really need one and my old ass backpack still works(damn good craftsmanship on that thing) Also I'm probably gonna gift one of the bags to someone, I don't intend on keeping both of them I just gotta decide which one I like more.

I also got a printer for $50 that was originally $300. It prints some damn good photos btw.

and I have bought some smaller things like a pair of earbuds that were on clearance for 75 cents just cause I thought I might need some earbuds someday...

So have any of you ever bought things mostly because it was a good deal and not that you actually wanted/needed to have it right then?

#2 Posted by Vanick (332 posts) -

I've bought countless Steam games just because they were in bundles or 75% off and I'll never play them or already played them on a console.

#3 Edited by TruthTellah (9159 posts) -

I am a human being. So, at some point, yes.

#4 Edited by falserelic (5445 posts) -

All the time baby, all the time....

#5 Posted by laserguy (444 posts) -

I bought a 4gb 360 with Gears of war judgement for 150.00 brand new. I like mistake deals.

#6 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3455 posts) -

Yeah dude, there's no specific reason why I have all these 108 rolls of toilet paper in my garage.

#7 Posted by endoworks (288 posts) -

My Steam library says YES!

#8 Edited by csl316 (8775 posts) -

I've been pretty good about self-control, but some of those Humble Bundles (paying over the average) just can't be passed up.

#9 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

I have lots of Steam games I will probably never play.

#10 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11804 posts) -

I just bought Tomb Raider yesterday because it was the weekend deal on steam, so yes.

#11 Posted by ShaggE (6479 posts) -

I try to buy only terrible deals, just to encourage bad business and ruin everything for everybody. It's my fifty year plan. The Asshole Offensive, I call it.

#12 Edited by Roger778 (958 posts) -

In terms of games, yes. Last month, I bought the game of the year edition for Red Dead Redemption, for $30 dollars, at this new Game store that opened next to my movie theater called "GameStar." It came with the full game, plus the Undead Nightmare Expansion pack.

I still occasionally play the game, and I haven't tried to beat it, yet

#13 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Bicycle components. I recently started on hobby of learning to build bicycles. My one bike sort of turned into three bikes in the span of a few months. And then I start thinking, well i have this and this and this so to make a fourth bike I would only need... then I go online and sometimes I see something for 50% off and seriously consider buying it even though 50% off of $1000 is still $500 and I absolutely do not need more bikes in my apartment. :D

#14 Edited by wjb (1666 posts) -

I bought a $350 pea coat for $25 at a clothing store.

It was June.

#15 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

When you see $800 shoes for $200, YOU TAKE THEM.

#16 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Sort of. For game deals, I have to consider if I will dedicate time to it.

#17 Posted by super2j (1710 posts) -

unfortunately yes. I bought Sin and punishment wii for 4.99% new at ebgames and I know I have 0 interest in it.

Same thing happened with 32gb flash drive and various snack foods.

#18 Edited by probablytuna (3684 posts) -

My Steam library says YES!

Exactly what I was gonna say.

#19 Posted by Tordah (2480 posts) -

Not so much in retail stores, but I find it really hard to pass on a good Steam deal if it's a game I've heard good things about.

#20 Posted by Nodima (1226 posts) -

Yea, I bought Half-Life 2 for Mac during the latest Steam summer sale only to learn a 2008 iMac is still too primitive to run that game well. Hashtag Apple life.

#21 Posted by Sinusoidal (1544 posts) -

Tuna. Fucking tuna. The price of tuna in Korea varies so wildly, if I ever spot it for around or under 1000 won a can, I buy that shit up. I had like 12 cans of tuna sitting around a couple weeks ago because there was a great deal on the stuff (980 won a can!) But since then no deals in sight, so I'm sitting on a sparse three cans that cost nearly 1300 won each because I can't go without my tuna.

#22 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

As I look at my Steam list all I can say is, yes, I do.

#23 Posted by Capum15 (4907 posts) -
@vanick said:

I've bought countless Steam games just because they were in bundles or 75% off and I'll never play them or already played them on a console.

Yep. Also I got some games when Hollywood Video / Game Crazy went down and had discounts.

Also the Humble Bundle really knows how to get me with some of the damn soundtracks they have.

#24 Edited by Pudge (887 posts) -

Yes. Yes I have.

#25 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Like 80 percent of my steam games... I stoped when i realized i wont ever play most of that. outside in the real world I bought one of the colorful iMacs arooound 98 i think, to a friend at half the price, thou never really used it, if you think mac gaming sucks now... Imagine in 98

#26 Posted by Sean2206 (264 posts) -

I was mildly interested in Splinter Cell:Blacklist but was going to put it off then instead I bought it with GTA V last night at the midnight launch just because you got it at like 2/3 price if bought with GTA.

#27 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5595 posts) -

Two words.

STEAM

SALE

#28 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

Yes. I became a master at hoarding games from clearance shelves because of Cheepassgamer. I have over 70 xbox360 games, most never even open. It's insane. My gaming time turned into scavenger hunt time for clearance games. I got to certain point that when I did want to play games I couldn't make a decision on a game to play.

Thanks to Target learning not to over order, I haven't been collecting anymore. Instead I have been actually gaming!

I do tend to buy things on really good deals. My only hoarding is games, music, and hot sauces.

#29 Posted by Sergio (2131 posts) -

Yes. Otherwise it's like I'm losing money if I don't get those hot deals!

#30 Edited by LeYcH (216 posts) -

If I'm even remotely interested in it I will, most of the time though I don't because I like to conserve my money.

Like, several hours ago I bought ME3 and MOH:F on Origin because it was on sale, truth be told I'll probably never even play ME3 but since I have the first two I thought I might as well complete the collection.

#31 Posted by ExcessDebris (146 posts) -

All. The. Time.

So many steam games I've never played. Ah well. As long as it's ok with my/your budget, no real harm.

#32 Posted by Beforet (2922 posts) -

I try not to. Because really, 1-2$ is a hard price to refuse for a video game, and there are too many decent games at that price on Steam. I just try and keep myself from buying games at all when I can help it.

#33 Posted by Intro (1207 posts) -

I use buy Steam stuff all the time. I've learned to cut back.Other than that, no.

#34 Posted by RavenousJoker (50 posts) -

If I need the item is on sale I will purchase it, I do not buy things just to buy things.

#35 Posted by MrNinjaSquirrel (15 posts) -

Yes, especially when it comes to games. I buy cheap stuff way too often in fact just because well, it's cheap. Cheap game on Steam? Bought! Cheap bundle? Bought! Bargain bin game at Gamestop? Bought!

As if my backlog wasn't bad enough as is, it's certainly something I'm trying to stop myself from doing as often. I've been trying to limit myself to just stuff I need now or have a very high interest in, and just skipping the stuff I'm partially interested in or that I know I won't play for a long time. I haven't done particularly well at this, but I like to think I'm trying at le-... Ooh, another cheap game!

#36 Posted by Dalai (7034 posts) -

I bought two bags of Doritos a week ago on sale. No Mountain Dew, however, I'm not bro enough for that shit.

And Steam games, although they're not really a deal if you don't actually play them.

#37 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4540 posts) -

Sadly, I do it far too often. More so with games than anything else. I don't usually do it when it comes to food though. I try to eat before I go grocery shopping so end up buying shit that I actually need and that's not completely horrible for me. I may pick up like a small bag/box of cookies or some shit, but even that's rare if I go on a full stomach. If I go when I'm hungry, however, I just buy all the worst shit because bad food always has good sales. It's like "300 jumbo-size donuts for a buck? I'm losing money by not buying those then!"

#38 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (753 posts) -

I bought a Move Navigation controller for $15, before I ever owned the camera and the Move controller.

#39 Posted by Marokai (2986 posts) -

I will basically buy any game whatsoever under 8 dollars. Why that specific amount? I don't know either.

#40 Posted by voltan (103 posts) -

All the time.

#41 Posted by ShockD (2403 posts) -

Everybody who uses Steam does.

#42 Posted by darkvare (766 posts) -

#43 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

Just bought this fuckin' baller ass jacket on sale!!! I live in Florida, so I ain't never gonna wear it - but still. Still.