Do you feel slightly trained for a zombie apocalypse?

• 97 results
SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SexyToad

Played enough left for dead to be teady

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Dany

Yes.

I can also climb 100+ ft. buildings without getting tired, run stretches of 5+ miles without exhaustion, use a katana to slice people, can shoot from a moving vehicle, use my right elbow to knock people down.

Vidja Gamez.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Ares42

Considering I live in a country with barely any guns, I doubt it. I think the only "weapon" I have in my house is a kitchen-knife. Although, I live near my brother who's like ex-special forces, so if he survived I could probably tag up with him :P

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By breadfan

@ZimboDK said:

Screw zombies, I'm preparing for the raptor uprising! They will return, and I'll be ready for them.

I was totally about to make a post about raptors being the real threat. You read my mind.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Aronman789

Hell nah, if my plan of finding a boat to sail away on doesn't work, I'm utterly screwed.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Jeust

I had fantasized about that when I was younger, and I think I would manage. Still the chance of something like that happening are close to none luckly, so there is not much use aout thinking about something like that, appart from the thrills and ocasional cold sweat from such thoughts.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Sambambo

There would be no real escape unless the spread was nipped really early in the bud or was isolated (Shaun of the Dead style).

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SmilingPig

Between my 280 pounds and my daily need for insulin, I can say with certainty; If the zombie apocalypse comes, I am breakfast.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm 100% confident in my ability to take out zombies from a distance. if/when they're close, i'll use either my machete, glock 40, walther pk380, or aluminum baseball bat.

here's a honeydew melon after i shot it with my del-ton AR-15 from an approximate distance of 100 yards. imagine if that had been a zombie's head. all it took was a single round to do that.

No Caption Provided
hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By hoossy

Well, as long as I could get down to Florida, I think I would be good.

My dad has kinda gone off the deep end lately and has stocked up on guns and has food in airtight containers to last years. This is an anti-Obama/when the economy collapses and military comes for my guns scenario.... but I think Camp Conservative would work for a zombie attack too.

Oh, and he has a boat gassed up and ready to launch.

No Caption Provided

He needs to turn Glenn Beck off...

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By jjnen

I'm as prepared for a zombie apocalypse as I'm for preventing a bank robbery.

SamSharp505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SamSharp505

Hmmm, yeah, I wot, I think I'm physically alright, fast and good stamina, not particularly strong, though. Full on survival I just wouldn't know how long I'd last til I was out there...I have a meet point for friends if any event does happen, (nerdy, silly...I know.) and I like to think I'd keep a cool head...

+

Anybody watch that Bite Me series on machinima?

It's pretty naff and cheesy but it's a laugh.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By gamefreak9

I probably wouldn't notice until like 2-3 weeks of everybody being infected. But I do sleep with a knife... so yes I feel prepared! Not to mention i'm a former olympian runner... they can't catch me!

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By Gabriel

Yeah by stepping back and walking away.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gabriel

Also you'd all die, only guys like Darrel would survive.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By gamefreak9

Oh also... I have a sailing license, so I would just get on a boat and sail away till the end of my days. Will be fishing for food... not sure how I would filtrate water though, I believe some sail boats have auto filtration systems... I would probably want a really hot girl to come with me though!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'd make believe I was one of them. Better yet, I'd make believe I was a smarter version of one of the zombies and be their leader.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ExplodeMode

I'd just start biting people.  Get on the winning team asap.

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By posttimeskipsam

You bet!! Can't wait to mash the X button to get a zombie off of me.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'd be fucked, but honestly, I just think a zombie apocalypse would suck balls. I'm just not made to withstand that kind of chaos.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By Chris2KLee

I generally only train for robot apocalypses, so I'm not sure what skills would crossover.

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jimmi

@Jay444111 said:

Yep, being Montanan, you kinda have to learn how to shoot as a right of passage here. Also the fact that I am tough as hell and am able to use an axe to split a piece of wood easily, I believe a skull would be easier to go through.

Montanans are a very tight knit community and could easily sustain itself under distress very easily. Also our winters are cold as fuck so we have been trained to deal with that as well.

People who say they lack survival skills make me laugh. Got a knife? Got an axe? Got a kitchen knife? Then you can kill a zombie in one hit, if you can't then you must be one slow lazy week duder.

Edit: I am serious, if you can't take down a zombie then get to Montana and camp out a bit during winter. You will know how to survive anything after that.

Pffff Montana? The only reason it's cold there is because of the wind from Canada. That's like standing in front of an open freezer and saying it's cold when a breeze blows some of the cold air on you.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By sgjackson
Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By Dylabaloo

I read Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z and slowly accepted the fact i'm fucked. If it's 28 days later "rage" zombies we are all fucked.

@ExplodeMode said:

I'd just start biting people. Get on the winning team asap.

Quislings are the worst.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By YoThatLimp

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

No, and neither are most of the people who think they are. If i were to consider myself ready, I'd need a huge amount of cash and a year of everyday exercise.

What good would cash do in an actual zombie apocalypse? Do you think people will still give a shit about paper money? Actually commodities would become king in this scenario.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jay444111

@Jimmi said:

@Jay444111 said:

Yep, being Montanan, you kinda have to learn how to shoot as a right of passage here. Also the fact that I am tough as hell and am able to use an axe to split a piece of wood easily, I believe a skull would be easier to go through.

Montanans are a very tight knit community and could easily sustain itself under distress very easily. Also our winters are cold as fuck so we have been trained to deal with that as well.

People who say they lack survival skills make me laugh. Got a knife? Got an axe? Got a kitchen knife? Then you can kill a zombie in one hit, if you can't then you must be one slow lazy week duder.

Edit: I am serious, if you can't take down a zombie then get to Montana and camp out a bit during winter. You will know how to survive anything after that.

Pffff Montana? The only reason it's cold there is because of the wind from Canada. That's like standing in front of an open freezer and saying it's cold when a breeze blows some of the cold air on you.

-40 winters are common enough for a good amount of the winter and spring. Snow gets to about 3 to 5 feet tall on average and we STILL drive around.

All the while we have these running around the state.

except they look way smaller in picture than real life.

We can handle any kind of apocalypse possible really. Except nuclear war of course... and that is pretty damn obvious why.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Sayishere

I would hide in a closest.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By WickedFather

I'd fake my own death so the zombies thought I was one of them, then hook up with some trashy looking zombie scrubber and kick her into touch when she started to stink bad.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SSully

@ccampb89 said:

Well, I'm an Eagle Scout, so I figure that I know a little about making my own without a roof over my head. Also, all the users who think guns are going to save their lives, just watch Walking Dead and see what that gets you.

Well if we are going by the show, then we manage to survive? Basically everyone with a weapon survives the last episode.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82  Edited By Levio

in real life, zombies would be too dumb not to attack each other, so they should never become too big an issue

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#83  Edited By natetodamax

I know how to load and fire rifles, shotguns, and handguns because I come from a family of hunters so that part wouldn't be difficult. Getting shelter wouldn't be hard. Finding food and water would probably be the most challenging thing.

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jimmi

@Jay444111 said:

@Jimmi said:

@Jay444111 said:

-40 winters are common enough for a good amount of the winter and spring. Snow gets to about 3 to 5 feet tall on average and we STILL drive around.

All the while we have these running around the state.

We can handle any kind of apocalypse possible really. Except nuclear war of course... and that is pretty damn obvious why.

You southerners amuse me. Come to Canada if you want to survive the zombie apocalypse, we can just keep luring them North until we hit the permafrost, then go home because all the zombies are frozen forever.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By gamefreak9

@kon1312 said:

@Aronman789: @gamefreak9: @hoossy:

Just to remind you, what happens, when you mix zombies and boats^^

um wow zombies swimming? didn't know that... though i'm not convinced the boat idea is bad.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#86  Edited By huntad

Man, so tired of zombies. Don't mind me, carry on.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@YoThatLimp said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

No, and neither are most of the people who think they are. If i were to consider myself ready, I'd need a huge amount of cash and a year of everyday exercise.

What good would cash do in an actual zombie apocalypse? Do you think people will still give a shit about paper money? Actually commodities would become king in this scenario.

I meant cash for before the apocalypse, guns,ammo, general equipment. All those things cost money.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Philantrophy

I can handle a rifle and know some first aid, still I don't would survive for very long it all boils down to equipment and the people around you. I think I would be killed by a human rather than a zombie with all the looting that will happen, as it always does during outbreaks.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@James_Giant_Peach said:

@Jasta said:

The Walking Dead has taught me more than enough on how to handle a Zombie apocalypse situation.

Yeah sitting around bitching about morality and refusing to take any real action towards the immediate threat is my plan A.

You could bore the zombies to the point of dissuasion with execrable and inapt dialogue, I guess. Hell, it worked on me.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Ducksworth

@mylifeforAiur said:

@James_Giant_Peach said:

@Jasta said:

The Walking Dead has taught me more than enough on how to handle a Zombie apocalypse situation.

Yeah sitting around bitching about morality and refusing to take any real action towards the immediate threat is my plan A.

You could bore the zombies to the point of dissuasion with execrable and inapt dialogue, I guess. Hell, it worked on me.

Or we could consider that he could be talking about the comics.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@Ducksworth said:

@mylifeforAiur said:

@James_Giant_Peach said:

@Jasta said:

Or we could consider that he could be talking about the comics.

Oh, you're not wrong. I also have my problems with the comics, though, but they do pale in comparison to the god-awful TV show.

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Illuminosopher

Everyone knows that all you have to do is board up your windows and doors... unfortunately when you make that desperate attempt to leave and fill your truck up at the pump by the barn you will shoot the the pump hose and blow up the truck only to find the key to the pump later in the basement, don't worry though you will have a good laugh.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By obscurefan

The zombie apocalypse is a lot like having a child, the more prepared you think you are, the more stunned you're going to be when you realize you have no idea what you're doing. I once asked a poll online of how long people thought they'd survive in the zombie apocalypse, and by far the number one answer was the "I'd totally survive the zombie apocalypse" choice, and as soon as I saw that I went "Welp, now I know who the first people to get eaten would be."

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

I have like 5 boxes of hot pockets.

Don't even trip.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#95  Edited By JasonR86

Playing zombie games have prepared me for fighting make believe characters about as well as Final Fantasy has taught me how to use magic or Madden has taught me how to play football at the same skill level as an NFL player.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I might have a slight advantage over some because I know how to use a gun and a bow. I would also probably do what is necessary when dealing with bites that lead to infection. If you are bitten, do not come near meyou selfish bastards

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kermoosh

if its slow zombies, i think i can outwalk/jog them. if its fast zombies then we're all screwed

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By freakin9

If a hot girl zombie comes at me during the early stages of the apocalypse I'm so dead.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By frankfartmouth

All the game playing could hurt because I might expect to find ammunition and first aid spray hiding in cupboards everywhere.

A fairly realistic zombie apocalypse game would be cool. The Last of Us maybe?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By awesomeusername

@JuggertrainUK said:

@awesomeusername said:

I know how to survive but I have asthma so I can't run a lot. Unless I have a car and a place I can stay forever, I'm fucked.

@awesomeusername: Fuuuuuck I forgot I had asthma, I've kind of grown out of it, like I don't need an inhaler no where near as much as I did when I was a kid. But it would become a problem overtime if I couldn't find a refill for the inhaler. GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!

I'm the same. I used to get asthma a lot as a kid but not anymore. I get asthma if I run a lot though.