• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Robama (28 posts) -

I dislike my brother. I also dislike my mother. Long story 

Me and my brother are two different people who never really talk to each other, we are not connected at all. If he wasn't family I wouldn't know him.

#52 Edited by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

My sis is alright, only she keeps telling me to go do something with my life, since working till college starts again is not doing anything with your life it seems.
My big bro is an egoistic fucker who can't cook for his life, he also knows everything better, always.
My lil bro is coming to, I used to hate him with a passion.

Thank god I'm out of the house tho!

#53 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

I have two younger sisters, and while growing up with them could be frustrating at times we get along really well now that we're all adults.

#54 Posted by Azrail (404 posts) -

its a tradgedy if u cant get along with ur sibling, unless they are TRULY giant douches 

this comes from an only child

#55 Posted by foggel (2764 posts) -
@cooperfoyt said:
" I love my brother! "
This :D
#56 Posted by Undeadpool (4989 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @Undeadpool said:
" I've seen two people's lives literally ruined because they were watching out for their fuck-up brothers out of some misguided notion of "family."  "
There's nothing misguided about helping out your family. Its..uhhhhh...kind of....what you're supposed to do for your siblings. "
I would agree except this is completely one-sided and the brothers don't care about improving themselves. They just take and take and I know they wouldn't reciprocate.
#57 Posted by AjayRaz (12465 posts) -
@myketuna said:
" I love my brother. We used to "fight" when we were younger, but now that we're older we only fight when he does something dumb. I don't understand the hating each other thing, but then again maybe some older/younger brothers aren't as nice as we are. Nutshots and surprise slaps don't occur in this house. lol. "
this. this exactly! 
#58 Posted by Garfield518 (405 posts) -

Anyone who uses the word "hate" when describing their sibling(s), is more of a douche than what they make the sibling out to be.

#59 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1666 posts) -

I dislike my older brother,the guy is 27 and is still living at home.

#60 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

My sister is twelve years older than me, so we never had much to fight about.  Also she was out of the house by the time I was in the first grade.

#61 Posted by Jemenez (274 posts) -

Nah

#62 Posted by Cramsy (1176 posts) -

nah, im  a nice person

#63 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I have two sisters. I'm the middle child. I don't hate them, the only problem I have is that my younger sister still lives with my parents and doesn't even have a learner's permit. She's 22 years old she has a part time job and doesn't even bother helping with the bills. All she's concerned about is getting her nails done, and trying to find a boyfriend. It makes me want to stomp her face in.

#64 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

While at times I get frustrated with my Brother, he has done a lot for me. Like feed me and put clothes on my back.

#65 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4745 posts) -

Nope. I'm the youngest muhuhahaha. Like all siblings, there's been times when I've been mad at them and vice versa, but I always get over it eventually.

#66 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

Only child.

#67 Posted by SenorTrampoline (122 posts) -

They annoy me sometimes, but no I dont hate them. I just wish my bro would come home more.

#68 Posted by GreggD (4510 posts) -
@Brendan said:
"

I have an brother 4 years my senior and we're pretty much best friends.

"
Same, here.
#69 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

No, I love my immediate family.

It's the cousins, uncles, and aunts who I try to stay away from as much as humanly possible.

#70 Posted by Sadisticham (278 posts) -

Fine with my older sister. Don't speak to my younger sister at all.

#71 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -
@Meowshi said:
" No, I love my immediate family.  It's the cousins, uncles, and aunts who I try to stay away from as much as humanly possible. "
This really. Wasn't always that way but as years go by people find a way to screw each other over! But I adore my brothers, who even though are all older than me and gave me some grief when I was a kid I wouldn't change for the world.
#72 Posted by ScottishGamer (215 posts) -

I have an older sister and I have always gotten along with her, to the shock of others! Why do people always assume that you don't get along with you sibling/s? 

#73 Posted by apertura (196 posts) -

Gaming brought my brother and I together.

#74 Posted by Dysnomia (689 posts) -

No....my older brother simply amazing and is certainly NOT on GiantBomb and will certainly NOT kill me if I say anything bad about him....    

#75 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

Only child here.

#76 Posted by Bluethunder35 (337 posts) -

I dislike one of my brothers, though I don't really hate him. 
He's a conceited, egotistical metrosexual who treats everybody like they are beneath him. Funny thing is that he has a great job, a Nissan Sentra, a house and lots of money but no wife. My crazy mother wants him to get married and have kids and has been hounding him for years to do so but no dice.  
He's a very strange brew as he's done stand-up comedy in the clubs here (one video is on YouTube in fact) but when I see him, he comes off as very aloof and devoid of any personality. It seems like he has separate personalities for his friends and his family. 
I have often wondered if he might be gay, as well.

#77 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1876 posts) -

i have 2 brothers, the one closer to my age is annoying, but i dont hate either of them.

#78 Posted by Slax (961 posts) -

I love my sister. She's 5 years older than me, but we get along great.

#79 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

I have a strange relationship with my sister (one and a half years older) which is sometimes strained because we're both quite complicated people - and if I'm honest we can both be quite difficult to live with. We don't always get along, but we don't really fight either. Well, we did when we were kids, and I used to beat her up which I now feel extremely bad about. I also feel bad because I feel like I'm partly responsible for the strained relationship between my sister and my father; because I was quite a difficult child, and also the youngest, Dad tended to put my needs ahead of hers, especially while on holiday.

Despite this, we can still have a laugh, and we do have some stuff in common, although as we've grown up we've become very different people. We like a lot of the same things but for completely different reasons. She loves pop music and classic rock, and I like experimental rock and classical music. My sister went to university a couple of years ago, and I found that just before she came home I was looking forward to seeing her, and just before she was about to go back to uni I couldn't wait to see the back of her.

It's worth mentioning that I'm autistic and my sister has depression, anxiety, and in the past has also suffered from anhedonia and anorexia. We're a complicated family, and my parents are absolute stars for coping with our difficulties and raising us right, despite being divorced.

#80 Edited by Damian (1538 posts) -

Even though you're the younger, it sounds like you're the more mature of the two. It reminds me of me and my brother. So I hope, like me and my brother, that you guys will just grow out of this. 

Lead by example. It's all you can do. It doesn't matter that you're younger. It doesn't take age to be the bigger man.

#81 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -
sometimes my 12 year old sister can be annoying, but I don't I hate her though.
#82 Posted by Valco (328 posts) -

My brother left the country for a week yesterday, and as i was saying goodbye to him, we both said in unison "don't die". No fucking around there. I think that's possibly the clearest display of afection and desire to have a person in your life you can express outisde of a poem.
#83 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

I have a sister thats 5 years older than me and a brother thats 9 years older. I love them both to death and would never hate them. I feel lucky to have a family as close as mine

#85 Edited by Dimi3je (362 posts) -

I'm proud of my 8 year younger sister!

#86 Edited by believer258 (12110 posts) -

No, not at all! He and I get along. Sibling rivalry exists to some extent, of course, but for the most part we get along pretty well!

#87 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

@atlas said:

I have a strange relationship with my sister (one and a half years older) which is sometimes strained because we're both quite complicated people - and if I'm honest we can both be quite difficult to live with. We don't always get along, but we don't really fight either...We can still have a laugh, and we do have some stuff in common, although as we've grown up we've become very different people...My sister went to university a couple of years ago, and I found that just before she came home I was looking forward to seeing her, and just before she was about to go back to uni I couldn't wait to see the back of her...We're a complicated family, and my parents are absolute stars for coping with our difficulties and raising us right, despite being divorced.

Interesting to read old posts like this and reflect on how things have changed in the past three years. I wouldn't say my sister and I are extremely close, or best friends, or anything like that, but we have developed a mutual understanding that has made living with each other much easier. We've both mellowed a bit as we've entered our mid-20s, and we've embraced the ways in which we're different, and similar. We've done a lot to help and support each other, and that's helped us grow our bond - one of the most important things about family is knowing that you can rely on them, and I feel like I can rely on her, and trust her. We have good chats about life and stuff, and we've realised that we've both experienced a lot of the same challenges, just in very different ways.

I'm not sure if three years ago I would've said, definitively, that I love my sister. But that's changed: I love my sister to bits, and am so glad that we've developed a stronger relationship.

#88 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (111 posts) -

Have an older sister (year older) and a younger brother (2 years younger) and we've never been super close, we rarely have any real in depth conversations about anything. But we've always got along and usually stayed out of each other's business. If there was an argument, it was never a "scream at each other an call each other names" kind of argument, it's just passive aggressive and we'd ignore each other for the day. Certainly don't hate either of them, though they (especially my sister) get annoying at times. But as we all became adults we've just learned to get along even better. Still wouldn't say we're super close though, we still generally just leave each other alone. I have become closer with my brother as we got older though.

#89 Posted by DonutFever (3561 posts) -

My only brother is 4 years older than me also. He can be an ass sometimes, but he's my best friend.

#90 Posted by Danteveli (1210 posts) -

I don't hate my brother

#91 Edited by AjayRaz (12465 posts) -

@ajayraz said:

@myketuna said:

" I love my brother. We used to "fight" when we were younger, but now that we're older we only fight when he does something dumb. I don't understand the hating each other thing, but then again maybe some older/younger brothers aren't as nice as we are. Nutshots and surprise slaps don't occur in this house. lol. "

this. this exactly!

word

#92 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Let's run down the list, shall we?

• Older brother: not a particularly big fan of him.
  • Older sister: I know next nothing about her.
  • Younger brother: Yea, we get along well enough.
#93 Posted by RVonE (4687 posts) -

I love my little brother and sister. Always have.

#94 Edited by chocolaterhinovampire (1297 posts) -

I like my younger sister

#95 Posted by fatalbanana (203 posts) -

It's something you'll grow out of. I have a brother who I use to think was a human piece of garbage. And hes still a fuckin douche but when you get older, though some aspects of them may still bother you, if you are a decent human being you'll put that aside and not hate him so much because of who he is.

#96 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

I absorbed my brother in the womb.

#97 Posted by JasonR86 (9764 posts) -

He used to but we don't see each other as much so we're good now. The problem is we have to much in common. So when we're together for long periods we drive each other insane. But when we see each other for short stints we do really well.

#98 Edited by Brendan (8028 posts) -

Hey, just saw my old post and it's still totally true! I also can't spell!

#99 Posted by ToTheNines (789 posts) -

I'm an only child. Thank god. I can't even imagine the feeling of someone claiming your parents as theirs as well.

lol cute.

The older you get the more mature you get, I hated my siblings when I was 11-13. Now that I am a grown man, I love them. I guess that's not unique at all.

#100 Posted by natedynamic (65 posts) -

My mother is hyper-religious, ultra-conservative, and can accept no other alternatives in people she associates with.

My dad is a reformed ex-con with a compassionate, practical approach to life and helping others, with no delusions about how the world 'should' be.

My sister is a pacifist to the bone, abstains from all confrontation, but has a heart so soft that she empathizes with anyone and anything, often to her detriment.

My first brother is a soldier, rides dirtbikes off of bridges and does other sorts of extreme ill-advised things for entertainment, is an actual patriot (serves in the military out of a belief in duty as a citizen), but has the forward-thinking capacity of a rabid lemming.

My second brother is a neurotic otaku who likes to go to school for things and then get random other jobs when he gets bored of the career, but his grades are good enough that he keeps getting scholarships. He's going to end up a doctor at IKEA, I think. :P

I'm a physically disabled freelance writer and wannabe-comedian with OCD tendencies and a brain that seems to only function outside of normal lines of thought. (www.youtube.com/openmicnate for a random sample of my newly public weirdness that I'm hoping to take on the road.)

Somehow, we all adore the ever-loving crap out of one another, though getting two of us to agree on anything for more than 30 seconds is hilarious. The only thing we all seem to agree on all the time is that we defend one another to the death, despite the seeming impossibility of unity in such a disparate group. Sometimes I want to pull my (or their) hair out, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Ah, family.