• 75 results
Posted by Unilad (484 posts) 9 months, 17 hours ago

Do you have a case on your phone? (232 votes)

Yes 52%
No 45%
Sometimes, when I'm going out to party... because I'm such a clumsy mess when I'm drunk........bro. 3%

Just wondering. I don't, and never have cased my iphone. I have a black iphone. If it get marks I call it character.

I only used a case once, I went caving and the guy gave me a special waterproof, dropproof case.

My brother uses a case all the time.

#1 Posted by falserelic (4956 posts) -

nope, not on my touchscreen.

#2 Edited by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Naw, my phone was £30 from ASDA. It's not worth protecting.

#3 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

No, I have a Samsung Galaxy SII so I don't need a case for protection, dropped it a few times no biggie.

#4 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

No. I live life on the edge.

#5 Posted by UpInLights (21 posts) -

i used a case before but if i break my phone i have warranty so i kind of dont care

also sometimes the broken glass looks cool

#6 Posted by Clonedzero (3750 posts) -

iPhones are expensive. I got a case/cover thinger for free. So yeah, i have one.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6065 posts) -

My phone came with a fairly thing case thing so I put it on and kept it on. I am sure it'd be fine without one though cause it's a nokia. Also Gorilla Glass.

#8 Edited by Brenderous (1079 posts) -

i did but now i like to use it raw.

what?

#9 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Sometimes when I'm going out to party because I'm such a clumsy mess when I'm drunk bro

#10 Edited by StrainedEyes (1313 posts) -

Yes, I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone 5. It's nice to not worry about it.

#11 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6270 posts) -

I got an underarmor case for my Galaxy S3 because I drop my phone all the fucking time whether I'm sober or not.

#12 Edited by bigjeffrey (4176 posts) -

My phone has gorilla glass, the thickest outer shell ever, and bright yellow. I dont worry about it at all.

#13 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Yeah. A pink one. Because I dropped it and the glass on the back of my iphone shattered. So, the pink case holds it together. Why pink? Because it was the only one I could grab during that moment of crisis.

#14 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

I do and I payed a good amount of money for it too. I am overly cautious when it comes to expensive things but it has saved the phone from some damage at least as I've dropped it a few times over the years.

Also I like the idea of a drop proof phone case. I get what you mean but all I can see is a phone with some kind of anti-gravity-science-thing attached to it.

#15 Posted by BaneFireLord (2881 posts) -

I've got an LG Cosmo 2 that doesn't even get reception in a place I live four months out of the year. I don't give a fuck if that thing breaks.

#16 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4036 posts) -

Yup! I have some cool high tech gel case blah-blah.. molecule protection. I love it. :D

#17 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4036 posts) -

My phone has gorilla glass, the thickest outer shell ever, and bright yellow. I dont worry about it at all.

Goddamnit, I want a Lumia phone soon!. 8.1 5-inch, next year for me..

#18 Posted by LTSmash (561 posts) -

My iPhone 4S is on its second replacement screen, so it lives in a case most of the time now.

#19 Posted by ChrisTaran (1489 posts) -

I do, but it's incredibly thin and purely for aesthetic means and not for protection.

#20 Posted by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

Nope, fuck that. My phone is beautiful and slim and I love her just the way she is.

#21 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1786 posts) -

No, and now her screen is cracked, so.

#22 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2161 posts) -

My phone is as constantly nude as I am.

#23 Edited by FriendlyPhoenix (275 posts) -

No, my phone is a plastic piece of shit but that also means it can take a beating. But even if I had a fragile iPhone or something, I doubt I'd sacrifice size/thickness for added protection.

#24 Posted by smcn (676 posts) -

I had a case on my third gen iPod Touch but only after the chrome back got scratched to hell. No case on my iPhone 4 I've had since Verizon started carrying them, and not a scratch on it. I must have above-average motor skills because I've never dropped a phone in my life.

#25 Posted by LeYcH (216 posts) -

I like my case like I like my women, non-existent.

#26 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -

Yeah, but only because I got it with one. Other than that, I'd never get a case for a phone, they're pretty durable anyway (except iPhones huehuehue).

#28 Posted by Ben_H (3220 posts) -

I despise cases (I never used one with my old Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S) but I would rather have a cheap case and protect my iPhone than have to pay to replace the screen, so I settled on a 2mm thick case off Ebay that I actually like quite a bit (It's actually saved my phone twice now). Plus it was like 2 bucks. I would never use on of those Otterbox cases though, those are ridiculous. When I see those people that have those Otterbox cases on Samsung GS3s or GS4s it breaks my brain. You practically need a backpack to carry those things.

#29 Posted by Warchief (646 posts) -

nope because cases for phones are dumb as hell.

#30 Posted by Warchief (646 posts) -

nope because cases for phones are dumb as hell.

#31 Posted by Fattony12000 (6376 posts) -
#32 Posted by Unilad (484 posts) -

@leych said:

I like my case like I like my women, non-existent.

huh.

#33 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

Yes because it seems incredibly dumb to not have one on such a fragile and expensive piece of technology.

#34 Posted by Alexander (1720 posts) -

£2 on eBay, doesn't add much to the phone, protects the sides well, lifts the screen off the desk if face down. I probably would have cracked my screen by now were it not for the case.

#35 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

White iPhone 5, no case. Otter boxes are ugly as fuck and I think Steve Jobs rolls in his grave anytime someone puts one on an iPhone. Its design is an art, not something to be covered up. Besides they're so freaking big and heavy they're not practical at all.

#36 Posted by Pie (6937 posts) -

Nope. Will probably bite me in the bum. I should probably get a case.

#37 Posted by TobbRobb (4418 posts) -

It makes it look less nice and I'm already careful as it is. So no.

What's the point of keeping it scratch free if you never see it?

#38 Posted by Mushir (2388 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Yes because it seems incredibly dumb to not have one on such a fragile and expensive piece of technology.

Pretty much this. I'm dead certain that the screen on my phone would have cracked by now if I didn't use a case. I've had it for over a year now and it still doesn't have a single scratch.

#39 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

I have an external battery case called a Mophie on my iPhone 4, and it works wonders!

#40 Posted by Tesla (1854 posts) -

Nope!

Don't like the extra bulk in my pocket. Plus, I'm amazingly talented when it comes to not dropping things. On the rare occasion I do drop something, I almost always catch the object I drop with the same hand that dropped it before it hits the ground.

It's like that scene in Ronin where DeNiro is testing that German guy's reflexes.

#41 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I'm anti-case. I feel the time to have cases was back in the 90s when you needed a case with a belt clip because the phone was too goddamn big to fit in your pocket.

Now it fits in my pocket they're rather pointless.

#42 Posted by Hamst3r (4345 posts) -

NEVER.

#43 Edited by big_jon (5660 posts) -

Nokia Lumia 920 don't need no case! Plus it's too sexy to be hidden. Just ordered a yellow back plate for it, this will improve sexiness by 100%!

#44 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1221 posts) -

Yes, otherwise I think it would be broken within a week at my work.

#45 Edited by Indiana_Jenkins (375 posts) -

Fuck cases.

To put it slightly more eloquently: Cases are too bulky and your phone looks awesome naked.

#46 Edited by 49th (2555 posts) -

Yeah, it's just a cheap leather thingo. The back is still scratched to shit.

#47 Posted by TheHT (10322 posts) -

Just a screen protector.

#48 Posted by Teaspoon83 (620 posts) -

Little story about why it is worth it. I got a brand new HTC Sensation and I loved that phone. Rooted, custom rom, awesome. I about a month later had fostered a dog because I wanted to see how the family would do with a dog in the house. Things are great, phone and dog. Now, one night, I was looking at phone cases. I thought maybe I should invest in one. I saw it, saw the price and figured.... Nah, I'll be fine.

Next day, I kid you not, going to walk the dog. Excited to go for her walk, she jumps into me and bumps my phone out of my hand. Lands right on the corner, SMASH. It hit the lower right corner and the glass on the screen was destroyed. The screen still worked luckily but maybe the case could have protected it. I don't know but in the end, I had to go back to the default RUU, take off root and pay $150 for a new phone. Isn't that awesome?

It might not look purty or sleek, but if it can save you money, just get the case.

#49 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -

I didn't use one before, but I got an S4 and the thing is so damn slick I put the thinnest case I could find on it.

#50 Posted by Grilledcheez (3919 posts) -

NOPE