• 71 results
#1 Posted by wrecks (2303 posts) -

#2 Posted by TyCobb (1976 posts) -

No, although I should in case I needed to call 911 and get someone out here ASAP.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5337 posts) -

Nope. Cell phone is all I need.

#4 Posted by wrecks (2303 posts) -

All my friends are mobile only. I've had both off and on. Right now, Landline only. But I am considering the iPhone 5.

#5 Posted by Labman (288 posts) -

Landline only here because there isn't any cell phone coverage in my area. I live way up north!

#6 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3080 posts) -

I thought this said landmine. Fuck.

#7 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

i dotn even own a cell or a landline. if people want to get ahold me they usually do it on facebook.

#8 Posted by buft (3321 posts) -

I have a landline but there is no phone plugged into the scoket, even though i dont have ADSL my provider insists on you having a telephone line though them in order to get their fastest broadband which is 80mb compared to other providers in the area they are the fastest by at least 60 but in reality 70meg

#9 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Both.

#10 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

Yes, because we get to make free phone calls on it after 5pm. So it pretty much pays for itself.

#11 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Of course, free phone calls after 6pm and on weekends for up to an hour.

#12 Posted by hanktherapper (383 posts) -

I had one since '99 but shut it off last month when I realized the only calls I got on that number were telemarketers.

#13 Edited by LTSmash (646 posts) -

Sometimes there's nothing like talking to someone over the clear, solid connection you get from a landline. Everyone in my family has iPhones and the difference in call quality is striking.

#14 Posted by Theresonlyone (190 posts) -

I have a landline purely because my ISP gives a 30% discount on Internet and Satellite TV if I have a landline from them.

#15 Posted by Jaytow (703 posts) -

Landlines are for little bitches stuck in the 1980s.

#16 Posted by Jams (2965 posts) -

I wonder if you can still get free dial up if you have a land line?

#17 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

I do not.

#18 Posted by Hamst3r (4554 posts) -

Nope, just a mobile phone and a Skype account.

#19 Posted by CaLe (4039 posts) -

I have a landline and no mobile, but I do leave the house. There is no option for me.

#20 Posted by Icemo (653 posts) -

I'm shocked at how many of you still have a landline. I don't have one and according to statistics only 22% of households in Finland have a landline, and I'm guessing most of those people are pensioners.

#21 Posted by OldGuy (1569 posts) -

I don't have POTS anymore (look it up kids) but I've got phone bundled on my fiber connection and since that's a line and it's on land (well, it's actually UNDER the land, but...)...

#22 Posted by CaLe (4039 posts) -

@Icemo said:

I'm shocked at how many of you still have a landline. I don't have one and according to statistics only 22% of households in Finland have a landline, and I'm guessing most of those people are pensioners.

Cable companies here require you to have a landline as part of a broadband/TV package.

#23 Posted by Icemo (653 posts) -

@CaLe said:

@Icemo said:

Cable companies here require you to have a landline as part of a broadband/TV package.

Oh, that explains a lot. We don't have that kind of custom here.

#24 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

My fiance is a worrywart so we have a land line and she pays for it. If I was paying it would not exist.

#25 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Misread title as landmine. Am now disappointed.

#26 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

My parents still have one so yup.

#27 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Does it count as a land line if it is a DSL -> VOIP -> standard phones setup?

Talking on a normal full size phone is way more pleasant than the cell ones, and the VOIP is so cheap its not much of an issue to use it as a cell phone supplement.

#28 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

Only have landline because it was part of our ISP deal but rarely use it

#29 Posted by kalmis (1559 posts) -

Yup. They don't have cable in the small village I live in, so need landline for the xDSL lines.

#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

A landmine? That's irresponsible. I have twenty landmines.

#31 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

I moved out of my parents' house 12 years ago and I've never had a landline.

#32 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Nope. Cell phone is all I need.

Same here. Haven't had a land line in like 8 years or so.

#33 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

I once had a landline for 5 years, never hooked a phone up to it once, couldn't have told you what the number was. It was 10 dollars cheaper that way to get my cable and internet.

Now? No landline.

#34 Posted by Marcsman (3256 posts) -

Only for my security system.

#35 Posted by Marcsman (3256 posts) -

@Jaytow said:

Or people who own their homes and put security systems in them moron.

#36 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i have both. half the time the only time the phone rings is from telemarketers asking for my parents.

#37 Posted by Subjugation (4728 posts) -

No, I don't have a land line. Sometimes I wish I did because T-Mobile has a coverage system that makes me want to murder someone.

#38 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I have landline in my house which goes virtually unused, and a mobile phone as well. The landline is there for.... I have no idea, to be quite honest. It's just there because.

#39 Posted by PenguinDust (12598 posts) -

Landline is how I get my internet access. Also, I use it more than my cell which I just keep for emergencies.

#40 Posted by SwaziSpring (46 posts) -

Landline only at the moment.

#41 Posted by Nightriff (5238 posts) -

Is there a reason to even have a landline anymore?

#42 Posted by Jaytow (703 posts) -

@Marcsman said:

@Jaytow said:

Or people who own their homes and put security systems in them moron.

Yes, because I was being serious.

What an idiot...

#43 Posted by Imissyou (24 posts) -

I have a landline and a mobile.

#44 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

yea but voip.

only cause it comes with my broadband deal, never use it though

#45 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I have a landline because it came bundled with my internet/tv package and probably costs me like 5 bucks a month. It's not hooked up though, because I don't know the number, and neither does anyone else besides telemarketers. I don't even know where the phone is actually. Maybe buried in some closet.

#46 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

All I have is a cell and to be honest, these days I wonder about just getting a Skype number instead.

#47 Posted by Grillbar (1891 posts) -

i barely need a mobile so no

#48 Edited by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

Yes, but it's because my internet is provided by the phone company so just having the line is needed to stay connected. Having a phone on top of that is a bonus.

#49 Edited by Stink_Meaner (64 posts) -

Wow this is amazing. I work for a large telecommunications company in the U.S. and when I started 17 years ago everyone had a landline. I look at it now and we are literally running out of work because most people only use cellphones. If it wasn't for DSL and our television services I probably would't have a job. Also I have a magic jack:)

#50 Posted by SmilingPig (1340 posts) -

The Canadian government (or Québec government) does not believe in free market or someting so the only 2 internet providers in my region forces their clients to have a landline if they want to connect to the internet.