• 165 results
#1 Posted by BisonHero (6664 posts) -

I'm back at my parents' house, finally cleaning the remainder of stuff out of my old room so it can be turned into a guest room. Found a box full of old stuff, including a few trinkets and mementos from the first girl I dated. I intend to throw out most of it because we broke up like five years ago and I forgot I even had any of it.

However, I feel like keeping maybe one thing: it turns out I kept the receipt from the first time I ever took a girl out to dinner, and that seems like an amusing sort of thing to keep, to remember that awkward period of my life. On the other hand, it's just a faded receipt, so I'm not sure I'll bother keeping it.

Thoughts and/or personal anecdotes?

#2 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Yes! I have this stupid ficking blanket. I can't throw it away though. I'd feel terrible forever. It's just kinda sticky led into the most store-agey space I can find. She's mean

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Keeping the receipt from your first date is sweet. Nothing wrong with keeping it for possible sentimental value.

#4 Posted by Jeust (10733 posts) -

I do save mementos from important moments in my life, like my first girlfriend, and second and third... ahah

#5 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2025 posts) -

The only one I would have from my first girlfriend is a picture, and keeping that would have been fucking infinitely creepy.

So, no.

#6 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Is it weird that my mind automatically filled in the word "shooter" after seeing "first person"? Made the thread title really confusing.

#7 Posted by BisonHero (6664 posts) -

@SirOptimusPrime said:

The only one I would have from my first girlfriend is a picture, and keeping that would have been fucking infinitely creepy.

So, no.

Yeah, that's a careful line to walk. I can at least feel not creepy about keeping a receipt, because it's less personal, and it's more a memento of the event of going on a first date than focusing on the former girlfriend herself. I would feel megacreepy if I kept a picture of her or a note she sent me or anything.

#8 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Nope. Burn that shit or junk it. A waste of time to think about your first date and other shit like that.

#9 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

One of her fingers.

#10 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

Her virginity .......

#11 Posted by DukesT3 (1928 posts) -

first i dated? I have a nude picture of her that I took. First time I lost my virginity? 16 and was with a friend from the same whom just said, hey wanna come over? parents aren't over. I had a condom from a friend and my dad ask me "Your good?" and i was just "yeah" and he just "ok, be safe.." so.. I guess at the time we were like bonding? I don't know, it was interesting nonetheless.

#12 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Meh. My first post was garbage. But I fucking hate finding things of the girls I actually loved in my place. It can be waaaay after I stopped caring in my head. Going through stuff, see that and it makes everything come rushing back all over again. I wish someone would come burn/return all that stuff when you're sleeping.

#13 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (467 posts) -

do psychological scars count? >_>;;;

#14 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

You mean the corpses?

#15 Posted by cikame (1020 posts) -

She gave me a picture but i threw it away, kinda wish i still had it.
3rd girlfriend gave me Three Kings on dvd, that movie is awesome.

#16 Posted by Quick_Stop_Chad (51 posts) -

I have a photo she gave me before prom, when i was younger.

#17 Posted by JasonR86 (9741 posts) -

A strand of her hair.

...what?

#18 Edited by TinoXtreme (300 posts) -

A wolf necklace, soul calibur 4, and Batman Arkham Asylum. Too bad she was a ho.

#19 Posted by Mirado (1011 posts) -

The first girl I (seriously) dated was one that I wound up going with for two years until I found her fucking a guy on the side. Not the kind of thing you want to find out, and not the kind of thing you feel like keeping mementos of.

C'est la vie. There have been many girlfriends and many (better) stories since then, so I don't particularly feel like remembering what was, in essence, a rocky start to a decent career in the relationship world.

#20 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@demonknightinuyasha said:

do psychological scars count? >_>;;;

lol I wanted to write something similar... ._.

#21 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

Yes! I have this stupid ficking blanket. I can't throw it away though. I'd feel terrible forever.

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST BRO!!!... move on.

#22 Posted by mlarrabee (2990 posts) -

I have her head in a cardboard box. Brad Pitt keeps pestering me about it.

#23 Posted by Forderz (247 posts) -

Her father returned the necklace I gave her back to me. That bastard!

...I was twelve, she was eleven. He said she wasn't ready.

#24 Posted by StarvingGamer (8364 posts) -

Nope, I'm a real slash and burn sort of guy when it comes to past relationships.

Functional shit without any sentimental value I keep, everything else gets junked.

#25 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Barring a small scar on my foreskin from a stray sharp tooth, I'm memento free. That was fun to explain to the girls after her let me tell you.

#26 Posted by Jimbo (9862 posts) -

Mementos are how you end up getting caught.

#27 Posted by matti00 (672 posts) -

I did have some stuff, just cause I was too lazy to throw it away. Then recently she told me she wanted all that stuff off me, turned out she was still in love with me.

Important note: I just got married and I'm trying for my own greatest king. I gave her all that stuff, and now I don't really want to talk to her any more.

#28 Posted by XenoNick (1450 posts) -

Yup a stupid Cloud plushie thing.

#29 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Yes. Her soft, sweet scalp. Not sure if I'll keep it though.

It's starting to smell.

#30 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@mlarrabee said:

I have her head in a cardboard box. Brad Pitt keeps pestering me about it.

Truly excellent.
#31 Posted by mercutio123 (471 posts) -

A small child.

#32 Posted by Fallen189 (5032 posts) -

I kept everything in a box. The most precious thing is a book she made me of our first year together that's really sweet. I'm sure I'll look back one day with fond memories

#33 Posted by SeanFoster (878 posts) -

I have a little Mew Pokemon plushie.

#34 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

I got 99 problems..

#35 Posted by CookieMonster (2423 posts) -

Think I still have a the movie tickets somewhere from my first date. The film was fucking terrible, it had Jude Law in it and was about owing people organs or some shit.

#36 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Still got the ring he gave me.
Won't ever take it off.

#37 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5036 posts) -

@CookieMonster said:

Think I still have a the movie tickets somewhere from my first date. The film was fucking terrible, it had Jude Law in it and was about owing people organs or some shit.

Repo men?

#38 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Love letters from her and a lock of her hair. I threw it all away the second time she broke my heart.

#39 Posted by Flawed_System (388 posts) -

I don't date.

#40 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

Kinda.. I used to be heavily into Flash animation and web comics in high school, so I made a few things involving my ex.. as awesome as they were at the time, they suck hard now, and don't mean much, considering we just got back into contact recently and things have been interesting.

#41 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3819 posts) -

I have a memory box with a bunch of stuff like that. Nothing from my first girlfriend, but a decent amount of stuff from my first love. Letters, pictures, her garter from prom. Even though the relationship has changed (we're just friends now and I actually went to her wedding two years ago and her baby shower last night), it's nice to look back sometimes and see who I used to be and who she used to be.

#42 Edited by CookieMonster (2423 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: Yeah, thats the one. The ending was hilariously bad. The only thing any good about it was that the RZA had a cameo role.

#43 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Yes, her blood.

#44 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Only thing I have kept from my first girlfriend was a pretty awesome drawing she made me. I would get rid of it but it seriously is awesome.

#45 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

Dating?...

#46 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

A copy of Inuyasha the Movie 2 I bought so we could watch it together. No joke. Uuuuuugh.

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Her Kingdom :|.

#48 Posted by Jrinswand (1710 posts) -

Yep. I did marry her though.

#49 Posted by YoThatLimp (1924 posts) -

@Jeust said:

I do save mementos from important moments in my life, like my first girlfriend, and second and third... ahah

Ears don't count sicko.

#50 Posted by gamefreak9 (2368 posts) -

Um I have the bday card she gave me... somewhere. She was a great girl, too bad I was dick :p.