• 112 results
#101 Posted by PandaBear (1377 posts) -

If I lived in America I'd buy a gun and take up shooting. It was cool when I was there. Do that. Buy a gun.

#103 Posted by PimblyCharles (1585 posts) -

• Guitar playing and amatuer music production (nothing serious just screwing around)
  • Target shooting (pistol bullseye and IPSC)

Was going to say playing an instrument and target shooting. haha, we should chill. I play drums and like to compete in long range. Bolt and Lever Action rifles mainly.

#104 Posted by PimblyCharles (1585 posts) -

If you like art, could always try painting something. This little guy was the last oil on canvas painting I did for a duder at work. It was done within a week, so it doesn't take up too much time. The beautiful thing about abstract expressionism is that it can be done by anyone:

Painting by Pimbly. Excuse the shitty cellphone photo.

#105 Posted by medacris (668 posts) -

I draw whenever I can. It started off as a nervous habit, I needed something to study my hands when my mind drifted off and I started thinking of stuff from the past that bothered me. I think by this point, I'm halfway decent at it. At the very least.

I also read. Novels (fantasy and sci-fi), comics, manga, usually.

I've been wanting to get into tabletop, but my friends that play have all gotten busy, so I have no group to learn from.

I'm American, but I have no interest in ever owning a gun. Paintball, sure. Laser tag? Yeah. Never a real gun.

#106 Posted by gunstar (252 posts) -

Run. Start with the couch to 5k. After that do 10 pushups, and the next time you run do 11 pushups, etc.

#107 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Not at all.

#108 Edited by development (2459 posts) -

Dude, you need to get out. You can run in the winter. Do push ups or sit ups for about five minutes and you'll be sweating and you don't even feel the cold, assuming it's not below 0 out. Once you get running you'll be even warmer. I used to run in shorts 3 times a week during the winter, up here in cold-ass up-state NY. Then again, I have hairy-ass legs.

#109 Edited by afrofools (1355 posts) -
  • Create animated cartoons in photoshop (window > timeline)
  • Make a cool gadget with an Arduino. Make a killer robot!
  • Glass blowing, weaving, pottery
  • Cooking
  • Oil Painting (just don't breath it in or lick it)
  • Work on your car (if your car is reliable sell it and buy a POS)
  • Make your own video games in unity3D (keep it simple, really simple)
  • Sex (you don't even have to do it with another person)
  • Train wild animals to become assassins for you
  • Start a zine (hipster indie magazine)
  • Anarchist's cookbook (just don't kill yourself...)
  • Write a novel or some sweet poetry for your love to be
  • Abduct some other people and keep them in your basement
  • Coursera (overload your brain)
#110 Posted by Cathryn (549 posts) -

I've really been getting in to cooking and baking, which I find to be pretty fun -- particularly since cooking is not only a good hobby, but a life skill. I also read a lot of manga, play the piano, spend more time than I probably should looking for new music to listen to, and I watch a lot of TV series. I've been thinking about learning to knit because I know that once I get good, I can do it while I watch stuff, but I'm not sure it's something I want to get in to.

#111 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (332 posts) -

Does reading count as a hobby? I feel like it might, what with how illiterate it seems most people are. I get lost in reading for hours at a time (I think I find more enjoyment out of that than video games tbh)

Otherwise, you can learn a useful skill? Why not try learning some HTML and javascript, and playing around with websites? Or, pick up something like woodworking, or painting, or anything really. There's an absolute crapton of things you can do with your spare time to increase your skills.

Think of it as an RPG, and you're building your stats :)

#112 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (332 posts) -

and no I don't go outside or have any friends.

And I had a sad :c

I'll be your friend! We can hold hands and run through the woods and catch frogs!

#113 Posted by mageemagoo (193 posts) -

lift weights, go skiing

#114 Posted by Roger_Klotz (787 posts) -

Music, but it can be expensive depending on the instrument you play.