• 0 results
#1 Posted by RJay_64 (631 posts) -

If so, what is it?

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

Obesity.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19344 posts) -

Ingrown toenail.  Really not as horrible as what you'll see when doing a Google image search, but it's basically the only physical "defect" that I've got.

#4 Posted by JustinSane311 (335 posts) -

I have a bad case of the runs

#5 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

AIDS

#6 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Insomnia, not a disease but it still sucks pretty hard.

#7 Edited by ChristianCastillo (1178 posts) -

EXTREME Headache

#8 Posted by apertura (196 posts) -

I've got a bad case of the frogs.

#9 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

Sex addict.

#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

inb4 aspergers or some other disease you haven't been diagnosed with but still think you have because it makes you cool. 

#11 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Nerve problems, probally neuropathy. Must of severed a nerve in a car accident and it keeps sending a pain signal after it healed.

#12 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

I have flat fleet.

#13 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

i have a little hump on my back, but i don't consider it a disease, but my random hyperhidrosis can be a real problem specially when...    

#14 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Diabetes, and possibly cancer in the testicular area.  
BUT that last one isn't 100% certain. 
I'm going to the hospital next month for a check up to see if that is indeed what it is.  
I love that it's free to go to a hospital and get treated and all that, I just hate that people who "might have" cancer actually die from cancer while they're on the waiting list

#15 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" inb4 aspergers or some other disease you haven't been diagnosed with but still think you have because it makes you cool.  "
Oldschool has stopped posting.
#16 Posted by aquamosh (17 posts) -

Grave's disease

#17 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

Its not really a disease, but I have this problem with my neck where it gets really stiff if I sit still for longer periods of time. Pretty annoying when I wake up every morning and can't move my head properly without really stretching it out first. It hurts like hell!

#18 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

I've got Crohn's Disease!

There are many different types of Crohn's and the one I specifically deal with is Crohn's Colitis which mean my colon and lower intestinal tract is affected. There is no known cause and no known cure. Usually the disease will be cool and sit in remission not really causing any problems. Of course it does bust out from time to time in what we call a Flair up. Basically my white blood cells start attacking my digestive tract and make it super inflamed, not that much different from arthritis except instead of joints, it's my entire digestive track. Food becomes almost impossible for me to eat since my stomach is so inflamed I just throw  everything back up right away. Also if I'm lucky I would get nauseous for no reason and start hacking up blood and bile. 

So back to the types of Crohn's, mine is Colitis. Basically my asshole gets torn to shreds as that is all inflamed and tears quite easily. Since my intestines are inflamed, I don't actually absorb any nutrients and food will literally pass through me as quickly as I was able to eat it. Add in the fissures (Cuts in the anal region), severe diarrhea and food feeling like glass moving through me, a typical flair up is a pretty unbearable thing to deal with. After one such flair up I had lost a total of 65 pounds from not being able to eat correctly.

The great thing is that it can happen for no reason and at any time. The last flair up I had put me in bed for about three months. With constant doctor visits to monitor me to actually end up staying IN the hospital for about a week, it can be pretty taxing. Especially if you don't have a boss that is understanding as to why you can't make it to work for the next 3-4 months.

There is hope though! While there are tons of different meds to keep the flair ups at bay, I am pretty much on the best you can get. Remicade has been an incredible life saver since it keeps my Crohn's in remission much better than just riding it out. Only problem is that it costs my insurance about five thousand dollars a MONTH!

Later on in life my doctors pretty much told me I'll need surgery since my intestines and/or colon will pretty much rot away to nothing. The surgery will remove the infected/eventually cancerous tissue, then I would get to rock a totally sweet colostomy bag until I am all healed. The best part? The fucking disease shows up right where the surgery was! It never goes away! So far I have only been lucky enough to have to endure one minor surgery where they had to cut open a fistula inside my colon since it was growing towards my bladder. If it wasn't caught as early as it was, I would have literally started to piss out shit. Awesome right?

So yeah that's what I get to deal with for now. It's really not bad when it is in remission, but holy fuck is it complete hell when it breaks out! 

If any of you actually read this, I totally hope I grossed you out in the worst possible way!

#19 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:
"   Sex addict. "
@clubsandwich said:
" AIDS "
@JustinSane311 said:
" I have a bad case of the runs "
hahahahahahaa
#20 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Ingrown toenail.  Really not as horrible as what you'll see when doing a Google image search, but it's basically the only physical "defect" that I've got. "
Get surgery on it. Thats what I did twice
#21 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

I was diagnosed with a severe case of Bieber Fever about two months ago.
#22 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19344 posts) -
@Clinkz said:

" Get surgery on it. Thats what I did twice "

Meh, it's really not that bad.  I highly detest the idea of getting my body opened up for anything and I don't see this being a real problem or even an inconvenience in the future. 

@wolf_blitzer85: Dude, that sucks.  I can't imagine having to deal with that kind of shit (lol).    
#23 Edited by artofwar420 (6290 posts) -

I don't think grass and pollen alergies are considered a diesease. But I got those.

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19344 posts) -
@artofwar420 said:
" I don't think grass and pollen alergies are considered a diesease. But I got those. "
Oh crap, I've got that too—weird how I forgot.  My ragweed allergy is hell when it gets to its peak...
#25 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Sleep Apnea

#26 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

psychosomatic problems, shitloads of them

#27 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Not really a disease, but I do suffer from really bad eczema from time to time, just when you think it's gone, bam, worse than ever, it's annoying aswell, because I'm going on Holiday this Friday, and I won't be able to wear shorts or go swimming if it doesn't clear up. =/

#28 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -
@BiffMcBlumpkin:  What are the symptoms and  how do I cure it? A visual representation may help to convey the horror of this epidemic.
#29 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

I have thing this were when ever I stand up I get light headed and begin to fall down.

#30 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I'm a sufferer of the human condition.

#31 Posted by TonyBlue87 (297 posts) -

I grew up dealing with Psoriasis, which everyone in my family neglected to tell me was genetic.  Fortunately it was only around my waistline, and it has been dormant ever since I turned 15 (I'm 23 now).  It is very uncomfortable and for people with severe cases it can be incredibly difficult to deal with.  Like almost all skin problems, it itches like crazy and scratching only inflames it further.  Not good times.

#32 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -
@Zajtalan said:

@clubsandwich said:
" AIDS "

hahahahahahaa "
Wow, man, it's a little fucked up that you think that shit is funny. 
#33 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -

Life.

#34 Posted by masterpaperlink (1843 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93 said:
" I have flat fleet.  ... "
me too
#35 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Yep, same for me. Mine isn't too bad though.
#36 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I get ganglions on my wrists. Those things are bitches, especially when you have one on each wrist.

#37 Posted by TheHBK (5486 posts) -

Sexlexia.  

But no seriously, I believe I have irritable bowel syndrome because man, I have that hershey squirts at least once a week.

#38 Posted by Funzzo (835 posts) -

Not really a disease but I cant stop buying PC games. I dont finish them all but I keep buying them off of steam or what ever store im at. Some games are not even open yet. I had to fight the urge to buy both mass effect 1 and 2 the other day.

#39 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

I have an alcohol problem but it's not technically a disease I suppose.

#40 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Clinkz said:

" Get surgery on it. Thats what I did twice "

Meh, it's really not that bad.  I highly detest the idea of getting my body opened up for anything and I don't see this being a real problem or even an inconvenience in the future. 

@wolf_blitzer85: Dude, that sucks.  I can't imagine having to deal with that kind of shit (lol).     "
Wouldn't your ingrown toenail become one of those in those Google images in the future?
#41 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I so want to just come in here and tell people their diseases aren't that major.

Oh, you have AIDS? Well, I mean, that's only a minor disease . . .

#42 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19344 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" Wouldn't your ingrown toenail become one of those in those Google images in the future? "
I really don't think mine's a severe case.  It's really nothing to worry about. 

@organicalistic_ said:
" oww, i think i have those, does it hurt when u bang your toe on something? "
More than other toes, yes.  But it's not horribly painful or anything.
#43 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

I have a face. :(
#44 Posted by Qorious (847 posts) -

Procrastination. 

#45 Posted by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -

Surprised by the lack of Asthma in the thread.

I got it.

#46 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

not that I know of... but im paranoid when it comes to stuff like this

#47 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Not sure. Besides the whole being fat thing, I got TB from my grandfather when I was a kid. My grandfather died from it and I guess I contracted it while visiting him in the hospital. I had to take a pill every day for a year and go in every month to get blood work done. They said I'm free of it but that I guess I have something in me that makes me more likely to get it or some such thing. So ya, I don't know. I may have other but I do not know.

EDIT: While not a sickness by any means, I do have chronic heartburn and need to take a pill for it.

#48 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

I'm too handsome.

Its more of a curse...

#49 Posted by bybeach (4832 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85: 

Best of luck to you, my mom had crohns. she never knew it till late middle age. I hope to hell they finally can find a way to control this desease. Lots of ideas and theories, some work, but not consistently.
#50 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Meteora said:
" Wouldn't your ingrown toenail become one of those in those Google images in the future? "
I really don't think mine's a severe case.  It's really nothing to worry about. 

What do you mean? It will just keep growing and end up looking like that if you don't get it taken care of. It's not just gonna stop growing because it became ingrown. It's just gonna keep going.