Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Well, do you? 
Aside from my many friends across the internet, I have few "Friends" that I speak to. I have a few from college and school and work, but not very many.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mahonay

Yes.  Not the massive group of friends I had growing up and in school, but that's pretty natural.  You grow up, move away, get a job, you just don't have time for as many friends.

My friends seem to be pretty evenly split between my gaming savvy friends and friends I've made over the years through working at my company.  

Tons of "internet friends" as well from a small gaming community (Seasoned Gamers) I'm a part of.  Pretty much have a place to stay almost anywhere in the country which is nice.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hourai

Brace for another depressing thread!

I have a best friend, but aside from him there's basically nobody else I talk to frequently. I've drifted apart from all my other school friends and I don't use Facebook and all that anymore either. I still talk to my parents of course, but it's far from a friendly relationship.  

Oh well.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Commando

I have a GF who lives in Birmingham, Alabama(we both went home when summer came) and a few friends in Auburn, Alabama. 
But here in south Alabama I don't have too many anymore. I lost touch with them when we went off to college except for my neighbor.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Crono11

I still have many of the same friends that I had in high school. 

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By FirePrince

I have real friends, with which I hang out , but I'm a friend to everybody in my class too, so I sometimes hang out with my class-mates too.
I'm not popular, far from it.I'm just a nice guy, and I never piss off people.In the end, it pays off.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob
@crono11 said:
I still have many of the same friends that I had in high school. 
This. 

Criticise it all you want- Facebook is a fantastic thing. I would have lost them all.

What sort of pathetic emo thread is this? 
And 'internet friends' never count.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Yeah I still have my group of friends from high school and we still get together every now and then, but with work and being a grown-up and all, it makes it a little more difficult to get together as often as we used to.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yes and I'm very happy to have them.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By melcene

On one hand I could say I have a lot of friends.  But when I think about close friends, people I can count on when I need to just pick up the phone, etc... it's very limited.  Even my best friend doesn't really seem to be in that category anymore since she got serious with her man.  My husband is my only true best friend.  Otherwise, some of my internet friends are better friends than most of my RL friends.  

Funny this comes up because it's something I bitch about with the hubby every so often, like this past weekend.  I don't understand it really.  I'm a very likable person.  I look at how others have described me in the past.  The top words they use are loyal, honest, etc etc.  I mean, those seem like good friend attributes, right?  I'm always there for my friends when they're down, though I don't sugarcoat shit for them.  I make my home open and welcome, and... have learned not to expect the same from others.   Then again, we've also realized that most of our friends still act and live life like we're all 18 and just out of high school, which is one reason we just don't click the way we all used to except whenever I host a party it seems.

Anyone who's read many of my posts has probably figured out that I'm generally an upbeat person.  But this is one topic that seems to get me down lately.   But enough of that here.  Maybe I'll blog more on it or something.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By phish09

Yes, but as I've gotten older I find that I just don't go out as much.  That's not to say that I have any less friends than I did 10 years ago, merely that I don't go out/hang out with the same 20 people or whatever every weekend.  I have my two or three good friends that I hang out with every weekend or a couple times a week and then my other friends that I'll see on a monthly basis or whenever there is some kind event (concert, party, art exhibit, whatever) that some one's hosting.  I'm going on 30 now and at this age you really don't run into many situations where you are going to meet new friends so you hold onto the friends you made in highschool and college and you keep in touch, but I just can't go out and party like I did in college anymore.  Some of my friends can, and that's great, and they are still fun to hang out with, but I just can't party until sunrise every weekend anymore. 

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Seedofpower
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
Yeah I still have my group of friends from high school and we still get together every now and then, but with work and being a grown-up and all, it makes it a little more difficult to get together as often as we used to.
Pretty much.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yup, same crowd since elementary school (in college now). They're like brothers to me at this point.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Nux

I have a small core group of friends I still see regulary.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

This is a scary question to ask. Has anybody actually said no?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

not any here, I have one friend back in Oregon but aside from that... :/

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By wrighteous86

I grew up with the same group of guys since grammar school. We've grown up together, went to high school together, and are still friends after college. We are all each other's "best" friends. We're too close and know too much about one another to be anything but. As we got to Jr. High and High School we've added people to our group--namely girls, girlfriends, and some like-minded folk. We were all pretty popular in school so friends were never an issue. We all just went to the same parties together and our group of friends grew. In college, we visited each other every month or two, and we all made our own group of new friends. The best friends from each of our respective "college crews" followed us all to our new, current group, so it's grown larger since we graduated. 

We're still all really close, despite jobs, or law school, or grad school, or different groups. We don't exclude the others from our lives. It really is probably the best possible situation you can be in. I currently live with two of the guys I grew up with, and two of the girls that we met in Jr. High. I see the rest of my friends pretty much every weekend.  I'm pretty blessed. The count is 6-10 "best friends" about 30 "friends" and hundreds of acquaintances or "maybe I'll see you at my party" type friends.

In terms of "internet friends" (you people actually count those?) I only have one, and she's pretty awesome. I don't consider people online as real friends, under normal circumstances. There are a lot of aspects of friendship that don't reach across the internet that well. My "internet friend" is more of a pen pal that I wished lived close enough to be a real friend. Otherwise, I don't really interact with people online much.

Of my friends, I'm the only gamer that plays anything besides sports, shooters, and Nintendo games. They're all gamers--both the boys and girls--but none of them would have any idea what Persona (or probably even Bioshock) was.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By penguindust

Yes, of course, but oddly none that I can enthuse about video games, sci-fi, anime or other geeky hobbies I enjoy.   Maybe, it's not so odd as when I got older, I just acquired friends based off my life's circumstances rather than mutual interests.  It's not a big deal since the internet alleviates that occasional need. 

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By GalacticPunt

I find it sad that this thread is titled "do you have friends?" rather than "how many real friends do you have?"  

I have a core of 8 good friends who I hang out with once or twice every week.  Flying in the face of current trends:  I have no internet friends whatsoever.  I've deleted my Facebook some time ago, and came to my senses and quit Final Fantasy XI many, many years ago.  No e-friends for me, I got shit to do.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Hizang

I'm at leval 9 with my friend social link if you know what I'm saying.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GunslingerPanda

A few good ones, yeah. I had more, but I realised I hated them.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Simplexity

I used to have alot of friends I guess, but kinda just drifted away, now I pretty much just work 24/7. 

Life is such a chore sigh. 

/Emo mode off

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EuanDewar

Yep, a fair few i've known over the years through different schools and what not. In fact one of them is probably trolling this site somewhere right now...

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By musclerider

Mostly roll with the same crew as in High School and try my best to keep in touch with some of my Army buddies. 
Don't hang out with a ton of people but I'm totally happy with my amount of social interaction.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I'm a really shy person, and I've moved around a lot during the last ten years, so I haven't made any close friends. Usually I'll meet a couple of people, become friends, and them move away and never see them again.

It sucks really, but I've gotten used to it.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Yanngc33

Yeah, I have a couple. It's nice on friday nights to know that there'll always be a friend ready to party

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do back home in Labrador, but here in Newfoundland I don't really have many as I came out here for school.

I plan on moving back to my home town when I'm done though, sucks being away from loved ones.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By crusader8463

I have two people on Steam that I regularly play games with, so if you count that then yes. If you mean in real life that I go and do things with, then no. I had a couple in High School that I thought were my friends, but it turned out otherwise.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RE_Player1

It's funny because I had tons of friends in elementary school and high school but being in university has made me a loner. It's a nice change of pace not having to worry about anyone else but I can see after another year I'll get bored and throw myself out there again.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iam3green

nope, i don't like talking to people. i have two friends. there are friends from other places like school, you know. you talk to them at school/ work and that's it, and then you have friends at home.

d_breeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By d_breeze

wow... that's a depressing question... but, uh... yeah..?

I've ben best friends with someone for the past 12 years (since 3rd grade); but I've made a bunch of friends at college, most of whom I can talk to about anything. 
I also still talk to some of my friends from my first high school even though I haven't seen many of them in like 3 years. 

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mnzy
@RE_Player92 said:
It's funny because I had tons of friends in elementary school and high school but being in university has made me a loner. It's a nice change of pace not having to worry about anyone else but I can see after another year I'll get bored and throw myself out there again.
Or out of a window.
Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nasos100
@Hizang: if your friend is a dude unless you're gay dont expect much when you get to level 10 lol. Thats what persona 4 taught me
Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

I have 4 friends. I'm a loner so that is more than enough for me.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Animasta
@Nasos100 said:
@Hizang: if your friend is a dude unless you're gay dont expect much when you get to level 10 lol. Thats what persona 4 taught me
you clearly missed his post a while back about him worrying because a dude he went on a date with wouldn't respond to his texts

it was adorable
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Meowshi

I have about 3-4 dudes I hang out with occasionally, but I wouldn't call them friends.   

I'm not too much of a social butterfly, if you know what I mean.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By Wemibelle

I have a friend, who I talk to somewhat often.  I never make many friends (at least I never call my relationship with another person a "friendship"), usually having no more than three at a time.  When I started college a few years ago, I didn't keep in touch with anyone but my best friend.  While I was at college, I rarely talked to anyone and didn't know anyone better than a passing acquaintance.  Nowadays, I take classes online (due to some events out of my control) and don't leave the house enough to make any other friends. 

Part of my lack of friends stems from my laziness but I would love to have some more if I could.  The main thing that really irks me about not having more is that I don't have anyone to play co-op games with.  My best friend limits his game playing to League of Legends and Call of Duty/Halo due to being busy all of the time and not liking many games.  That leaves me with tons of co-op experiences I never get to see, since I don't see the point of playing most of them with a stranger.
Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Chop

I guess? 

I have people I hang out with and shit but I never feel like talking seriously or anything with those people. I wouldn't consider them friends but I'm sure they look like it to the outside observer =/

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Of course. Popularity leads to intimacy.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#41  Edited By Tireyo

1 in real life, and too many to count in internet life.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By brukaoru

I don't really understand how some people can say internet friends don't count. To each their own and everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I consider my internet friends to be very close to me. Just because we haven't physically been together doesn't detract from that. I mean, I've known one of my internet friends for about four years now and I'll be meeting him for the first time in a few days on a trip I'll be making through his city. And I feel a lot safer having somebody I know close by in case I get lost, since I've never been in the state before. 

I guess it depends on how comfortable people are with putting themselves out there to 'strangers on the internet.' But it's not really that hard to decipher after a while someone's personality online and whether you can befriend them seriously or not. Some may say you run the risk of them being totally fake, but how many people act fake in real-life? Not that much difference. (Except maybe in the extreme case of someone acting as a different gender, but they usually get caught anyway.)

All in all, I'm really grateful to have my internet friends. I consider them to be just as important as my real-life friends and I wouldn't want to change that for anything. <3

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jaycee13

I have two sets of friends. One to satisfy my gothic nature and another to get drunk, take drugs and have a good time with.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No, I have no friends. Don't really care about it, either.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BrockNRolla

It's totally normal to have very few friends as long as those that are there are close. Lots of people have tons of "friends"; people who they have little more than facebook interaction with. In my opinion, these people aren't friends and such facile connections don't mean anything.  

A real friend would show up in the middle of the night and help you bury a body, no questions asked. But then again, that's just my standard. Lesser standards would probably also be applicable.

smekke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By smekke

I have a pretty good group of friends. I guess I can split them into two groups, where one is the people I have known all my life and the other is people I have gotten to know through music, school etc.  

I'm at an age where people are starting college/jobs, and moving all over. But I have never had problems getting to know new people, so yeah, it's all good.   

This was a pretty depressing/silly thread btw... I don't know that many people are interested in reading about my and other peoples average social lives. 

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Not so much since most of my friends moved off to different colleges. I keep in touch with them from time to time but I really only hanging out with my gf now.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nasos100
@Laketown: oh shit that was the same person? i kinda remember the forum now that you mention it but damn i didnt know it was the same guy.  Sorry if i offended you OP duder
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Karl_Boss

I have a few good friends and a lot of acquaintances

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zeforgotten

I do have friends yes. 
Also have some people online I communicate with (like Giantbomb people, etc)