• 144 results
IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By IkariNoTekken

If you can manage to find some real life gaming friends I would highly recommend it.

I've been into games since I was a kid but it was my years at college that my love for games blossomed most.
Almost everyone I knew there was into games and so I played regularly online with most and games were the main talking point between us all. It was great to be able to share opinions and talk with others who are as enthusiastic about it as me, and especially to do it in person.
Unfortunately I lost ties with all but a few of 'em once college finished. Was an amazing experience though.

Not got many gaming friends in real life now though, or just friends really.
Got a good selection of 'online-only' friends though that I met either in MP games, or on sites/forums (including here) but those 'friendships' never last long really; you meet them, play a few games, then never really talk to them again.
Nixon34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Nixon34

I'm 25 and dont really have any friends that game like me.I have friends who will play games but aren't as interested as I am. I'm nixon34 on all systems. Hit me up if you want to play. Sidenote- people who play different genres or enjoy different aspects of gaming are gamers. Just different then you.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#103  Edited By huntad

Unfortunately no.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By _Zombie_

All of my friends game. We game together. Game.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#105  Edited By InfiniteSpark

I only have a few friends that are gamers. One of them is a big fighting game fan and competes in many fighting game tournaments in Philly.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#106  Edited By Little_Socrates

Lots.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Nope, not a one.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#108  Edited By musubi

Yeah, all of my friends game.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By narley

Sounds like a great college experience. I'm an engineering student who has very few geeky friends. Even at school. You would think that being among a bunch of aspiring engineers you would find a lot of people who are into games, you'd think so... yet I have no gamer friends aside from my brother... I'm lucky to have him though(:

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@narley said:

Sounds like a great college experience.

I'd love to agree with ya but that gaming side was the only good thing about my college experience. I did three years of software development and by the last year I was contemplating quitting, wasn't enjoying it at all! My attendance dropped to about 50%, on the days I did bother; I was late in and left early. My grades suffered a bit obviously. Plus, I've only been able to keep ties with one of those friends and they live way away from me now so it's all limited to phone calls and online gaming. Nice friend to have and the others were great too but I can't help but think college was a big waste a time. Ah well.

As for you though; it's never too late! Gaming is bigger than it's ever been so there's always the chance you'll meet someone else into it. I'm sure your Brother is great to have, (sounds like you two have a strong bond) but I hope you manage to find some others.

Sites like these are good for finding 'online-only' people to play/chat with as well; I've met some real nice people here. You seem like a nice bloke yourself; I noticed how you replied to a lot of the posts here, not enough OP's do that. :)

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I just moved so i'm friendless.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@NlGHTCRAWLER: That's always a tad difficult.

Have you kept any ties with your old friends for online gaming and that?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By FreakAche

You have non-gamer friends who play Prototype? Obviously yeah, that's a high budget game published by Activision, but I don't really think of it as very mainstream, especially considering the fact that you give Elder Scrolls and GTA as counter examples, which have much broader appeal than Prototype ever did.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@IkariNoTekken: Yeah, I know what you mean.

Most of my old friends weren't really into gaming. I have a few who play COD, but that's about it. I haven't really met any hardcore gamers in real life before which is really weird now that I think about it.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By mrcraggle

I have a few friends that game but there are even fewer I can have a conversation with about certain games. I think I pissed a few of them off by ranting. I know for sure my ranting of Castlevania:LoS annoyed one of my friends. I needed to vent.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116  Edited By narley

You're right. This sites are good for finding online buddies, yet sometimes you end up talking to people through this kinds of sites for so long, with out even realizing that they live closer to you than you think. I once met some guys through half life 2's multiplayer modes. It was fun for a while. But I later realized that they weren't into games. They just enjoyed getting together, and playing that one game. The drive to their meet up spot wasn't that long, but I decided to stop once I had my fill on Half life 2 death match games.

As for college. I get what you said. I sometimes feel the drag of a monotonous routine of waking up, going to school to do the same things, come home, do lots of homework and work out if I have the time. Playing games only happens, if it does happen, on the weekends.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I've definitely meet several people over the years who had very limited tastes; a lot of COD and Fifa players. It's a shame you haven't met any people who are real into games (in real life), hope you do meet some though.

Oh, and best wishes for wherever you've moved to, hope you enjoy your new place.

@narley: Oh wow, I can't say I've ever had that experience before; with having online friends who live close to me. However as I state above, I have known people who only play one or two things and it gets tedious pretty fast.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#118  Edited By breadfan

Most of my friends. Luckily.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By sean2206

Most of my friends all play games or are gamers to some degree but I'd say I only have one friend whose as into games as I am.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By indieslaw

Yeah, I kinda don't have many "gamer friends". Within my circle of closest friends, I'm probably the gamer; I mean, there are other interests that more than one person will share, but gaming is not one of them with mostly every one of my friend groups. Which is too bad, but I think that's partly due to the culture I'm from.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Quite a few of my friends are gamers to one extent or another, but only a couple are "hardcore"

Mind you, I don't think I'm hardcore anymore either, to be honest, simply due to a lack of time.

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nope, not really. Not a lot of people enjoy games the way I do at my school. I like to play a lot of games and, for the most part, keep up with current news and releases but the people at my school are either are way too into one specific video game like Halo or Skyrim, only want to play COD, or, and I don't mean this in a bad way...well, ok, I mean this in a bad way, way too annoyingly nerdy for me to talk about video games with. I tried to join a video game club at my school and I swear I hated everybody there.

I think the one person who I've actually had a good conversation about games with is this one girl I had a huge crush on who knew a lot of good DS games like the Professor Layton series and all that but knew nothing else really

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By kindgineer

I moved around way too much when I was younger so my dispersement of friends really shattered. I am also what some called a "serial gamer" where I tend to hop from one thing to another so anyone with the potential of being a game-fan with me gets lost in the translation or intimidated by my lack of time loyalty to a game.

So, no. I have a couple of people that like to play games, but generally aren't doing anything I am interested in - be it Minecraft or LoL.

@ThatIndianGuy7116 said:

Nope, not really. Not a lot of people enjoy games the way I do at my school. I like to play a lot of games and, for the most part, keep up with current news and releases but the people at my school are either are way too into one specific video game like Halo or Skyrim, only want to play COD, or, and I don't mean this in a bad way...well, ok, I mean this in a bad way, way too annoyingly nerdy for me to talk about video games with. I tried to join a video game club at my school and I swear I hated everybody there.

I think the one person who I've actually had a good conversation about games with is this one girl I had a huge crush on who knew a lot of good DS games like the Professor Layton series and all that but knew nothing else really

So what you are saying is that you want someone who isn't into games - but is, but not so much that they rage-fan at you if you dare mistakenly say "Zelda" as the main protagonist of the franchise instead of Link?

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I have two friends that I can get into really deep conversations about video games with. All my other friends play games, but they don't really like talking in depth about them.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#125  Edited By Jeust

I have two/three known associates that are into games

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By zeushbien

I'm kind of without friends atm, but back when I had friends, some of them were into gaming, sure. Just not the games I were into for the most part.

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By SkankinPacman

Most of the people I play games are online buddies. The people I hang out with off line aren't really that big of gamers most of them are more into Magic: The Gathering or WoW which I find both of which pretty boring now sadly.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By korwin

Most of them are, common ground and all that.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I consider anyone who's interested in video games on a regular basis gamers, yeah even people who only play COD. My favorite games are sports games usually.

So yeah I have a bunch of gamer friends

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By GunslingerPanda

All of my male friends are gamers, yeah.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

oneidwille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By oneidwille

I have one friend who plays a variety of games, and another who plays COD multi and a few strategy games. Barely ever play anymore with either.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By foggel

I hang out in different "clicks". There's the guys I got to know by harming myself, or should I say attempt to learn skating. Most of them play games. Then there's my school buddies. None of them really play games.  

Empirically, I'd say 10% of my facebook friends.

HorseFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By HorseFactory

Most of my friends play games, but I rarely play online with them as more often than not they're playing whatever the latest generic shooter is.

I am, however, part of a clique that plays Dark Souls, Payday, Left 4 Dead 2 & Diablo 3 though.

TheSheepherder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By TheSheepherder

Yes.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By dungbootle

Yo everyone likes video games to some extent. At least the people I know.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By FirebirdINF

Never really did. Well, maybe a couple. Now I dont game much at all. I just read about it to relax.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#139  Edited By hawkinson76

No, and I never have. I have reproduced, but they aren't interested in playing either.

Mostly doesn't bother me, since I've never been interested in mulitplayer, but sometimes it would be nice to talk to someone about Fallout 3, Bayonetta, etc, my wife is totally uninterested. And then I found the Bombcast, problem solved!

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By bmehlers

None of my friends are gamers, that's the main reason I only play single player. I have tried to play online with strangers, but just haven't enjoyed it that much.

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Willtron

Your definition of a 'gamer' is really fucking dumb.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#142  Edited By Svenzon

Quite a few of them, actually. Most of them are pretty hardcore too.

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By invadernick

You are all my gamer friends :)

LadyAmerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By LadyAmerica

All of my gamer friends are pretty much XBOX boys and I'm all about that Sony. So it doesn't really help me much. I only have like, 3 I play online with sometimes.

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Taborlin

Yeah...

There's about 20 people I know in person that are pretty dedicated gamers, not many are PC, though, which is why I stick on the Xbox these days.

There's like 4 or 5 that game as much as me, I wot.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#146  Edited By Tireyo

Well, after 8 long years... I can say that I now have one gamer friend that's been around for 3 months.