Do you have good posture?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

I was so bored that I became aware of my posture.  I was almost laying down, in my chair.  Now I'm sitting up straight.  Does anyone actually sit straight all the time?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

I try to have good posture. I always have to remind my self and correct my posture. Unfortunately, it's made my shoulders always uncomfortable, I think. I readjust my shoulders all the time. But hey, I don't look like a total slob, so it may be worth it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Wii Fit can help you improve your posture.

<_<

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

Yeah well I heard somewhere if you grew up with bad posture, there isn't much you can do to "correct" it, like if you try to sleep with your neck straight with no pillow it could actually hurt you.  I try to keep up good posture but it feels like a chore more than anything.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

Simple answer: no.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

My shoulders have started to go inward because I have too much muscle in my chest and neck and almost none on my back.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By lordofultima

When I'm driving I have to sit up straight all the time. Whenever I get into someone else's car their seat is always leaning back too far, I basically pull the lever until it's at a 90 degree angle. but as for lounging at home, I don't really care for good posture too much.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By crusader8463

no. im usually in a sitting/laying position. but that's because i have to sit my bed width wise. The only chair i have is very uncomfortable so now i set with my back to the wall, ass/legs width wise on my bed in a laying/sitting position. makes my back hurt like a mofo too, but less so then when I'm in the chair.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By atejas

Nope.
I stoop, I rest my legs on the armrest sometimes.

Sometimes I even get bored and see how well I can manipulate my computer using only my feet.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordofultima

Just made the startling discovery that I always sit slightly forward, meaning I don't lean my back against anything ever. Right now for instance I'm in the computer chair, learning slightly towards the monitor with my elbows on the desk.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

DOUBLESHOCK said:
"I was so bored that I became aware of my posture.  I was almost laying down, in my chair.  Now I'm sitting up straight.  Does anyone actually sit straight all the time?"

Heh, I'm either doing this or sticking my face in the monitor.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM
atejas said:
"Nope.I stoop, I rest my legs on the armrest sometimes.Sometimes I even get bored and see how well I can manipulate my computer using only my feet."
will have to try this
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Optiow

I sort of slouch when I am tired, but I try to keep good posture.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MC_Izawa

I sit with my butt on the front edge of the chair, reclined back, legs on my desk.
And my standing posture is horrible, I slouch forwards and lean my head down.  More a self confidence issue, I think.  I'm working on it...

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

At the computer hanging out on the internet, I form to my chair and lean back, but in game on the PC I find myself leaning forward and slouching.

I have an old desk chair I pull in front of my TV for my console playing, and I sit back with my legs crossed.

In real life, I walk and stand straight up. I give myself a decent posture... could be better.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince
lordofultima said:
"Just made the startling discovery that I always sit slightly forward, meaning I don't lean my back against anything ever. Right now for instance I'm in the computer chair, learning slightly towards the monitor with my elbows on the desk."
Must be uncomfortable. I imagine it like that at least.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By turbomonkey138

I has shity posture . Im going to feel it bad when i get older.

RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By RyanD

i have such bad posture that my spine doesn't pivot like it should. I have been trying to stand straighter and sit straighter so that i might correct this

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lordofultima
LiquidPrince said:
Must be uncomfortable. I imagine it like that at least."
I find leaning back is generally uncomfortable, I don't like leaning backward against things in general -- which includes sleeping on my back, can't stand it.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Gunner

I passed out drunk in a computer chair a few nights ago, so it hurts to sit up straight.

Normally i just lay on my back though.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Black_Raven

When I do most thing I slouch back because its most comfortable, when I'm gaming I sit up mostly straight but slightly leaning towards the monitor.

RyanJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RyanJW

I noticed my posture was pretty bad last year, and decided I needed to do something about it. I looked into it and you can go to massage therapists and shit, paying lots of money to have them regularly do stretches on you that eventually improve it.

However Ryan is not one for paying money when it can be avoided, so I did some YouTube crawling and eventually came across a nice daily routine from some therapist. It looks stupid so I do it in the bathroom, but it literally takes about two minutes and I now have much better posture when standing/walking/etc.

It makes a big difference to how you feel in public and such as you don't have that "Shit, am I walking like a nerd?" nagging in your head when a hot girl is checking out yo' ass when you walk past. ;)

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Red

No. My siblings always tease me that I have a bent spine from hunching over my old GBA.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Quadrifoglio
MC_Izawa said:
"I sit with my butt on the front edge of the chair, reclined back, legs on my desk.And my standing posture is horrible, I slouch forwards and lean my head down.  More a self confidence issue, I think.  I'm working on it..."
I sit exactly like that, too. Except my feet are on a subwoofer. :P
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gmanall

I sit on a couch that is pretty firm so its not that bad

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26  Edited By Vinchenzo
BoG said:
"I try to have good posture. I always have to remind my self and correct my posture. Unfortunately, it's made my shoulders always uncomfortable, I think. I readjust my shoulders all the time. But hey, I don't look like a total slob, so it may be worth it."
Same. Then again I always feel like my posture is incorrect, no matter what I do.

The reason my posture is so bad is because of backpacks. I would always counteract the weight of a shitload of books in middle school and elementary.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Verdugo

No.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I always try to sit straight , it prevents injury

RyanJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RyanJW

Posture isn't really something you can correct just by thinking about it. Okay, so you may be able to temporarily look less like a dweeb if you concentrate, but you're ultimately going to just forget about it and go back to normal.

To fix your posture you have to do regular exercises which fix the underlying problem: your muscles. And more specifically, where and how they tighten. This is something that anybody can do, so for pete's sake don't just put up with having lame posture for the rest of your life. Look into a proper stretching routine, stick to it, and before long you'll be walking like the Terminator. :))

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#30  Edited By Vinchenzo
RyanJW said:
"Posture isn't really something you can correct just by thinking about it. Okay, so you may be able to temporarily look less like a dweeb if you concentrate, but you're ultimately going to just forget about it and go back to normal.

To fix your posture you have to do regular exercises which fix the underlying problem: your muscles, and more specifically where and how they tighten. This is something that anybody can do, so for pete's sake don't just put up with having lame posture for the rest of your life!"
TELL US HOW! I just had an idea. Make a set of exercises and give them to the GB staff, where they will then upload a how-to video to improve your posture. Genius.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By toowalrus

That's a horrible ide- ...I'd probably watch it.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cspiffo

No Caption Provided
What can I say...It's been a long day.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolverine

I stand up to straight to the point where it looks a little strange and I'm pretty self conscious about it. Some people also tell me this makes me "bounce" when I walk. If anyone has any advice on this feel free to PM me.