Do you have more trouble losing weight or building muscle?

• 55 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you have more trouble losing weight or building muscle? (203 votes)

Losing Weight- Trying to burn fat and look ripped is challenging. 42%
Building Muscle- I'm trying to make solid gains, but it doesn't seem to be working. 44%
Can't say I haven't tried to do either.. 14%

For me building muscle is more challenging. I don't have problems when it comes to losing weight, but trying to make some solid gains can be quite tough. Lifting weights for months, and making sure you get the right amount of calories can be a pain. Recently I had to take my focus off of building muscle, and go back to just losing weight. Sense I was dirty bulking I was putting on more fat.

Luckily for me I manage to burn it off within a few weeks, and now I'm probably going to bulk once I reach 180 or 190. At that point I'll probably start counting my macros. Though I have noticeable muscle in my arms and shoulders. I'll probably look ripped out of my mind once I get to 180 or 190. Though my major concern is having excess skin, and going through surgery.

• 
MelficeVKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#51  Edited By MelficeVKM

Doesn't your body type affect this a lot? http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

Luckily I'm a mesomorph, maybe slight lean towards ectomorph. Never had problems with gaining weight regardless of what I ate growing up and am fairly toned despite little exercise (only swim). Despite this I've been trying to eat a lot healthier for the last year or two as I imagine my insides are horrible lol

Good luck to all the people in here looking to get fitter! I know very little about fitness, but I've found swimming regularly to be a lot more fun than other exercises. Maybe finding an exercise you enjoy will help keep you motivated in the long run.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's summertime, and the house AC is busted. Working out when it's 85 degrees INSIDE seems dangerous, so I've gone a bit lax. Losing weight on the other hand is easy for me, since putting on weight was the hard part and I can easily just go back to my regular eating habits.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By falserelic
Loading Video...

Hyphy mud will get you hyphy.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Definitely building muscle. I'm a naturally skinny guy.

Right there with you.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Losing weight, gaining muscle mass has always been easy for me, it's what happens afterwards that tends to cause problems.

In any event age makes both considerably tougher.