Posted by JayEH (535 posts) 1 year, 8 months ago

Poll: Do you Jailbreak your iPhone? (62 votes)

Yes 42%
No 58%

I just started about 2 weeks ago on my 4S. What about everyone else?

#1 Edited by Bucketdeth (8024 posts) -

Had my 4S jail broken but didn't really take advantage of it so I switched back.

#2 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

Yeah, I need folder enhancer.

#3 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Yup, there's a plentiful of helpful tweaks, plus I can run emulators.

#4 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

No I have no reason to.

#5 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

No I have no reason to.

Fuck yea.

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I mean there's no reason not to, it's relatively easy and let's you get some cool stuff. A big one I use is the nes emulator.

#7 Posted by animathias (1190 posts) -

Yup. My 4S has been jailbroken since the first jailbreak for it came out, and my 3GS was jailbroken before it (and still is, since it's now my iPod.) Activator alone is worth the jailbreak for me, and the enhancements I have for the Notification Center and Siri are icing on the cake.

#8 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I used to, but that was only for backgrounds, and since they added that in iOS 4(?) I don't do it anymore.

#9 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

@sexytoad said:

I mean there's no reason not to, it's relatively easy and let's you get some cool stuff. A big one I use is the nes emulator.

I like my Apple products the way they're intended to be used. "breaking" that is ruining the entire experience and the excellence of their design / vision.

#10 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

yes

#11 Posted by Dalai (7040 posts) -

No and I have no intention to.

#12 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Nope. It slowed everything to a crawl and later iterations of iOS added the majority of what I used it for.

#13 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Haven't messed with it too much, but there are a couple of small things I like, like infinifolders.

#14 Posted by Box3ru13 (704 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

@sexytoad said:

I mean there's no reason not to, it's relatively easy and let's you get some cool stuff. A big one I use is the nes emulator.

I like my Apple products the way they're intended to be used. "breaking" that is ruining the entire experience and the excellence of their design / vision.

HAHAHA. Oh wait, you were serious? Too rich.

Jailbroken is the only way to go, password pilot alone is worth breaking the phone just to avoid typing your goddamn pw over and over again for every little thing. Five column and folder enhancer are great too. As well as activator and action menu.

Only complaint is that I wish cydia had better navigation for all the stuff they have. Its just so much to look through. Almost forgot the ability to scrub my location data constantly so Apple and (whoever) cannot track my every position because fuck that Big Bro shit.

#15 Posted by Tajasaurus (897 posts) -

Nah. I'm kinda too scared to and I also don't really see the benefit in it. I just use my phone as a phone and an mp3 player.

#16 Posted by Seroth (722 posts) -

Yes, mainly for one reason: time stamps on text messages.

#17 Posted by Jothel (934 posts) -

Yeah, just did it the other day myself, can't belief you have to jailbreak your phone in order to have basic features that we should already have access to

#18 Posted by Aterons (198 posts) -

I never understood the point of buying an apple product to "jailbreak" it and get the same features you would get on competitor products that don't need "jailbreaking" for lower prices... Americans, you silly, silly people.

#19 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I would if I had one. I don't jailbreak my iPad though and I have an S3 which I love so I already get access to jailbroken type of apps and features there. (and well, Android 4.2 already has a lot of stuff iOS requires jailbreaking for built-in)

#20 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@box3ru13 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@sexytoad said:

I mean there's no reason not to, it's relatively easy and let's you get some cool stuff. A big one I use is the nes emulator.

I like my Apple products the way they're intended to be used. "breaking" that is ruining the entire experience and the excellence of their design / vision.

HAHAHA. Oh wait, you were serious? Too rich.

Jailbroken is the only way to go, password pilot alone is worth breaking the phone just to avoid typing your goddamn pw over and over again for every little thing. Five column and folder enhancer are great too. As well as activator and action menu.

Only complaint is that I wish cydia had better navigation for all the stuff they have. Its just so much to look through. Almost forgot the ability to scrub my location data constantly so Apple and (whoever) cannot track my every position because fuck that Big Bro shit.

You're talking to the same guy who said RTS are better on touchscreens than with a keyboard and mouse.

Yep.

#21 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3196 posts) -

Serious question - what're the benefits? Homebrew apps?