Do you Jailbreak your iPhone?

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you Jailbreak your iPhone? (62 votes)

Yes 42%
No 58%

I just started about 2 weeks ago on my 4S. What about everyone else?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Had my 4S jail broken but didn't really take advantage of it so I switched back.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Yeah, I need folder enhancer.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SexyToad

Yup, there's a plentiful of helpful tweaks, plus I can run emulators.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jdh5153

No I have no reason to.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jdh5153 said:

No I have no reason to.

Fuck yea.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean there's no reason not to, it's relatively easy and let's you get some cool stuff. A big one I use is the nes emulator.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yup. My 4S has been jailbroken since the first jailbreak for it came out, and my 3GS was jailbroken before it (and still is, since it's now my iPod.) Activator alone is worth the jailbreak for me, and the enhancements I have for the Notification Center and Siri are icing on the cake.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I used to, but that was only for backgrounds, and since they added that in iOS 4(?) I don't do it anymore.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexytoad said:

I mean there's no reason not to, it's relatively easy and let's you get some cool stuff. A big one I use is the nes emulator.

I like my Apple products the way they're intended to be used. "breaking" that is ruining the entire experience and the excellence of their design / vision.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

No and I have no intention to.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope. It slowed everything to a crawl and later iterations of iOS added the majority of what I used it for.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

Haven't messed with it too much, but there are a couple of small things I like, like infinifolders.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

@sexytoad said:

I like my Apple products the way they're intended to be used. "breaking" that is ruining the entire experience and the excellence of their design / vision.

HAHAHA. Oh wait, you were serious? Too rich.

Jailbroken is the only way to go, password pilot alone is worth breaking the phone just to avoid typing your goddamn pw over and over again for every little thing. Five column and folder enhancer are great too. As well as activator and action menu.

Only complaint is that I wish cydia had better navigation for all the stuff they have. Its just so much to look through. Almost forgot the ability to scrub my location data constantly so Apple and (whoever) cannot track my every position because fuck that Big Bro shit.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nah. I'm kinda too scared to and I also don't really see the benefit in it. I just use my phone as a phone and an mp3 player.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yes, mainly for one reason: time stamps on text messages.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, just did it the other day myself, can't belief you have to jailbreak your phone in order to have basic features that we should already have access to

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never understood the point of buying an apple product to "jailbreak" it and get the same features you would get on competitor products that don't need "jailbreaking" for lower prices... Americans, you silly, silly people.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Sooty

I would if I had one. I don't jailbreak my iPad though and I have an S3 which I love so I already get access to jailbroken type of apps and features there. (and well, Android 4.2 already has a lot of stuff iOS requires jailbreaking for built-in)

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Sooty

@box3ru13 said:

@jdh5153 said:

@sexytoad said:

HAHAHA. Oh wait, you were serious? Too rich.

Jailbroken is the only way to go, password pilot alone is worth breaking the phone just to avoid typing your goddamn pw over and over again for every little thing. Five column and folder enhancer are great too. As well as activator and action menu.

Only complaint is that I wish cydia had better navigation for all the stuff they have. Its just so much to look through. Almost forgot the ability to scrub my location data constantly so Apple and (whoever) cannot track my every position because fuck that Big Bro shit.

You're talking to the same guy who said RTS are better on touchscreens than with a keyboard and mouse.

Yep.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Serious question - what're the benefits? Homebrew apps?