Do you know who Rachel Corrie is? (died 10 years ago today)

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OfficeGamer

Apparently she was a (white) American woman who was run over by a Israeli bulldozer when she stood between it and a Palestine house. I don't know how I never heard this news before, I'm surprised.

Did you know about her and if you're American what do you think of it?

This video and before-after picture have been circulating around the net, it's really sad

No Caption Provided

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By paulwade1984

Inspiring story. I wish I could do things like this, but I can't afford to. I have a family to look after. 1st world problems maybe, but non the less real.

I Imagine the dozer driver didn't speak their language and just thought they were getting rowdy when they were screaming for him to stop. He was probably starving and desperate. Bulldoze house = food for family tonight.

So in terms of people like her. How do they get funding? Who feeds them? Where do they live? Who buys their plane tickets?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

The entire Israeli-Palestinian conflict is disgraceful for all involved and I really wish they'd come to some sort of lasting peace agreement, one which preferably doesn't include one side getting everything and the other side completely annihilated. Both Israelis and Palestinians deserve a place to call home.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heartbreaking. Haven't heard about this until now. However, she died trying to prevent an injustice, and for something she believed in. We should all be so lucky.

@paulwade1984: I can't speak for them, but when it comes to Christian missionaries who go to other countries, they are backed by a mission board, who helps fund the trip. Then, within the countries, usually they have contacts that they can stay with, and that can keep them safe and give them shelter/homes from antagonistic authorities(as best they can). I figure peace activists function in a similar manner, backed by like-minded organizations(who usually operate on donations), and aided by like-minded locals.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am all for peace, but play with fire and you will get burned.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By FourWude

You won't hear about it because the fucking News Media and Hollywood are pure shit controlled mouthpieces. They're scum. So don't expect much news coverage or abny movies made about her, which the academy can then lavish with oscar awards like they do with much of their propaganda trite.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I saw a documentary about her a few years back. Can't recall the name of it.