Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Do you like bugs? (56 votes)

Yes, I love those multi-legged creatures 18%
Indifferent 18%
Hell no! 64%

In response to the what's worse: crawling bugs or flying bugs? thread, I wanted to know who here on the Giant bomb site likes these interesting creatures.

Since I was little I had an interest in incest and I still do to this day. There are times where I needed to rid of them when they get in the way but most of the time I like seeing them around. Right now I have a backyard full of praying mantis eggs ready to hatch in the coming spring and I can't wait for them to protect my yard.

This is one of about a dozen egg cases

#1 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

hell to the no

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13156 posts) -

There are some cool bugs, but for the most part, fuck 'em.

#3 Edited by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Edited for seekrits.

Anyway, I don't mind bugs. Maybe I'll be a little surprised when I see a bug out of nowhere but I go about my business. Live and let live.

#4 Edited by Pr1mus (3858 posts) -

I don't know if i hate real bugs or bugs in games more. I guess i hate bugs in games more because i can "fix" real bugs.

#5 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

This is the 2nd poll about bugs in 2 days. Not cool, Giant Bomb.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#7 Posted by Zacagawea (1588 posts) -

Holy shit, you should probably fix that typo. Fucking dying over here.

#8 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -
#9 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4188 posts) -

@rjayb89: @zacagawea: Yeah, I can't believe I missed that. Is there anyway to edit it?

Full Edit that!

I like chocolate covered crickets. That's it, dawg.

#10 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4188 posts) -

@metalsnakezero: Oh wait. This is a poll. Never mind, you're fucked. Sorry. ~ It's a bad GB glitch, or this place was kinda just made this way. you can't re-edit polls.

#11 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: Well that sucks. Hopeful people will understand that it was a mistake.

#12 Edited by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

FUCK ALL BUGS.

#13 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Fuck nah, man!

also yeah, that typo made me laugh and not being able to edit it makes it even funnier.

#14 Posted by Tenebre (25 posts) -

Typo? BS! It's a Freudian slip ;) Bugs suck! But yet, there is something pretty cool and interesting about them just as long as they stay away from me.

#15 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

I hate bugs, but I feel bad for doing so. It's just that they are instinctively repulsive to me and I'm not sure why that is. I know that they can't harm me yet every fiber of my being is hell bent on staying away from them.

#16 Posted by bybeach (4774 posts) -

Holy shit, you should probably fix that typo. Fucking dying over here.

Lolololololololol!!!!!! That is my most favorite typo ever!

Insects are cool, most of the time. Some can have an ick factor (lice) But seeing how prevalent they are on this planet, it's hard to ignore them

#17 Posted by Nightriff (4979 posts) -

No

/thread

#19 Posted by mistical (23 posts) -

Absolutely not, I hate all kinds.

#21 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3851 posts) -

Bugs are great. I don't kill em I take em outside even spiders. The only bugs that are terminated with extreme prejudice are Mosquitos cause they're nothin but jerks.

#22 Posted by AziMuttyo (82 posts) -

Depends on the bugs

#23 Posted by Sinusoidal (1389 posts) -

Didn't make it past the typo, can't stop laughing.

#24 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

It depends, if they're in my house not so much. Outside I don't mind them and wouldn't go out of my way to kill them. Also, here are some creatures I've found around my house and my girlfriend's house. I didn't really feel like I had to kill them or have a reason to not like them lol. Plus the first would looks like if it wanted, it could take me out. I wasn't gonna try to kill it lol.

#25 Posted by mellotronrules (1180 posts) -

well, these pictures are disgusting. bugs are disgusting. pardon me while i go wretch in the corner.

#26 Posted by audioBusting (1494 posts) -

Mantises, grasshoppers and beetles are rad. I'm cool with spiders too, and I like to look at spiderwebs. Not a big fan of butterflies and DEFINITELY not centi/millipedes or woolly caterpillars.

Speaking of incest and insects, bedbugs are the worst. I hope I'll never encounter any..

#27 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Only weirdos like bugs.

#28 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

"Since I was little I had an interest in incest and I still do to this day."

Your thread would have more post if you just titled it with that quote, rather than starting off with it lol.

#29 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1050 posts) -

The only type of bug (in the loosest sense) that I can't stand the sight of are spiders. Besides that I don't mind bugs.

#30 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4966 posts) -

How is that even a question?

@phatmac said:

FUCK ALL BUGS.

#31 Edited by darkvare (764 posts) -

yeah i even have a pet tarantula

#32 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

People who like bugs are scientifically proven to become serial killers at some point. You've been warned.

I guess I'll just never be able to understand what it is about bugs that some people like.

#33 Edited by Nev (544 posts) -

Nope, fuck'em. Hell, mere hours after posting in the other thread my dislike of bugs, and particularly spiders, I sat in my chair, reached for my iPad, and a FUCKING SPIDER CRAWLED FROM THE CORNER.

DEMONS!

#34 Edited by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

Wasn't there a topic about the exact opposite emotion towards bugs yesterday?

Bugs are cool when they're not inside my house and/or causing trouble. Even then they're kind of freaky.

#35 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

No, give me the creeps. Find them fascinating at the same time, but they still freak me out.