#1 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
#2 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

It's both my favorite and my preferred genre. Almost all I listen to really. 

#3 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Yup, love listening to it, love playing it.

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I'll listen to it but its one of my least favorite genres.

#5 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

I do. A lot. 

#6 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -
@astrotriforce said:

" It's both my favourite and my preferred genre."  

^^ although these days I listen to a wider range of music, most of my favourite stuff still comes from metal. Or at least acts associated with the broader metal genre.
#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I like it. Here, lemme post the obvious:

#8 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

I like a wide variety of music, including metal, though some metal is really bad.

#9 Posted by SMTDante89 (2567 posts) -

Although over the past couple of years I've broadened my musical tastes to have more than rock and metal, the majority of my CDs are metal albums.  Love me some Slough Feg (formerly The Lord Weird Slough Feg)

#10 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

Too much posturing, but once in a while I can deal.  Mostly no.

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5819 posts) -

I enjoy listening to Gorguts

#12 Edited by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

If Hammerfall, OT3P, Disturbed and BattleLore fall under that, then yes.

You can never be sure, with the grunge post rock metal dark wave new tone shit...
Genre's suck.

Edit: Also, not like, but love.
The guitar shreds through the last piece of sanity in my soul while its bass lines pound along with my barely beating heart, clinging on to dear life while lyrics replace logical thoughts in my head...

That came out way too poetic, or creepy, or both.

#13 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -

Yeah, mostly Industrial Metal and Nu-Metal. Stuff like @Video_Game_King posted is a no. 

#14 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

It's definitely not my type of music^^

#15 Edited by Timing (619 posts) -

Yes, very much, but I'm also very selective about it. I almost exclusively listen to Prog nowadays. Sorry if that sounds elitist.

Edit: for instance what @BulletproofMonk posted.

#16 Posted by User_Hostile (76 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk said:
" I do. A lot. 

"
I've seen Deliverance performed live 3 times, every time it was fucking INCREDIBLE :)
#17 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2484 posts) -

I like metal when it's thought out & well composed. Heavy for the sake of heavy does very little for me.

#18 Posted by coryrx8 (175 posts) -
@Lydian_Sel said:
"I like metal when it's thought out & well composed. Heavy for the sake of heavy does very little for me."

Agreed, but isn't that true of any music? Even country fans think that there's bad country (I then have to correct them so that they understand that the term "bad country" encompasses the entire genre, but that's beside the point). Metal is just like any other genre; some people make awesome music, others make noise.
#19 Edited by Halberdierv2 (1869 posts) -

aside from ONE song, which I'm quite sure everyone here either hates it or has never heard of it,

the answer is a resounding NO, I HATE IT!!
#20 Edited by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Used to, still listen to Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets but metal is something you'll grow out of and your tastes with diversify.  It's a good thing.

#21 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

I used to love metal...it was the only thing I listened to in high school but nowadays I can't stand it.

#22 Posted by Dimsey (951 posts) -

I like a variety of music, metal included.

#23 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

I really like it. It's just really nice to hear something grinding into your ears with so much ferocity and manliness. 
Even female bands are manly (Kitty)

#24 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

Unsurprisingly, I was a metal-head in high school, specifically thrash. I couldn't get enough of the stuff. It was loaded with aggression, speed, and attitude. It helped me deal with my frustrations growing up, but I was distanced from it when I got older and my musical tastes shifted. These days I don't listen to too much metal, with the only band I really listen to on a regular basis being Metallica. I will still put on any of their albums and enjoy them. I'm more of an alt-rock/rap guy now.

#25 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

I listen to some metal, yeah.

#26 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

Not only do I love it, it goes really well with games like Dragon Age and Oblivion. 

#27 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

No

#28 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -

I'm more of a classic rock fan, but I do like to listen to metal occasionally.

#29 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

It's what I listen to the most, so yeah, I love me some metal.

#30 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -
@RoboRobb said:
" I like a wide variety of music, including metal, though some metal is really bad. "
This. Am a notorious fence-sitter but it is absolutely justified in this case
#31 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

The heaviest stuff I listen to is queens of the stone age, so no.

#32 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

Pretty serious Metal fan. 

Love me some metalcore, deathcore, groove metal or technical metal. 

Currently listening to Parkway Drive 

#33 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

I love so many genres of music, but metal is easily the largest genre in my library, accounting for some 200+ albums I own.

#34 Posted by nick_verissimo (1383 posts) -

No, I don't like metal. I LOVE METAL!!!!! 

@Timing: I wouldn't say that's an elitist view. Prog. seems to be the eventual path for anyone that is way into metal to end up at.  I remember for years a band like Dream Theatre just did not appeal to me, but one day it just clicked and now I am a huge fan of theirs. 

#35 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

Very much like the metal music.

#36 Posted by JammyJesus (770 posts) -

Depends, but mostly yes. 

#37 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

Ok Metal lovers how about a little contest. Let's see who can come up with the heaviest, most crushing song/riff ever produced. 

My entry(s) go to 

#38 Posted by Th3_James (2577 posts) -

My favorite band.
#39 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -
@Th3_James: Awesome song.
#40 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

I used to love it, but it's no longer my favorite genre. That title belongs to drum'n'bass, dubstep and house.

#41 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Mostly no but I do like some stuff EG: Metallica, Bring Me The Horizon, Rage Against The Machine, System of A Down (Not sure many of these are actually classified as metal).

#42 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4711 posts) -

HELL
YES

#43 Posted by ___pocalypse (561 posts) -

I love folk metal sooooo much.

#44 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Damn straight I like metal. Here's one of my favorites... 

#45 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Riddell said:
" Ok Metal lovers how about a little contest. Let's see who can come up with the heaviest, most crushing song/riff ever produced. 

My entry(s) go to 

"
Gojira is bad ass. I need to get their other albums. I only have their From Mars to Sirius album. This is one of my favorite songs... 

#46 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

Anyone here already been to the Wacken Open Air in Germany? it's kinda my life mission to attend atleast one of those. :p

#47 Posted by Vonocourt (2126 posts) -

Yes, in that I adore sludge and doom/drone. Any other subgenre...naw son.

#48 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

Saying do you like metal is like saying do you like cars. There aren't just cars anymore. There are mini vans, trucks, suv's, sedans, coupes etc.

I don't consider most of the shit you hear today very metal at all. The only thing I consider metal is Black Sabbath and maybe like Iron Butterfly, Saxon, and Judas Priest.

#49 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -
@Riddell: Heaviest Matter Of The Universe is really fucking good. Here's my entry: 

#50 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I like the first 4 Black Sabbath albums, but that's about it.