• 57 results
#1 Posted by NTM (7320 posts) -

#2 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

I mean don't get me wrong...Empire Strikes Back was a cool movie...

#3 Posted by Giantstalker (1604 posts) -

Just the original trilogy, and by that I mostly mean episodes IV and V (RotJ gets by barely).

#4 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4358 posts) -

There are a few things I love about the series, but I don't have any real attachment to it i.e. just saying 'Star Wars' is not enough to catch my attention.

#5 Edited by Stete (729 posts) -

I liked the original trilogy when I was a kid, and I still find the miniature work to be damn impressive. And KOTOR was a damn fine game. Other than that, I can't really understand why people keep throwing money at everything Star Wars related, especially since there is a handful of good star wars products and a metric fuckton of mediocre/bad ones.

#6 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

No but to be fair, I've never liked any sci-fi.

#7 Edited by umdesch4 (772 posts) -

I'll add, Star Wars Lego is really great to build.

Edit: oh, and the pod race scene in Episode I is great for testing your home theater setup.

#8 Edited by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Yes, but only the original trilogy (of course) and a few of the games. It is a cool universe, too.

#9 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Sure but I know its stupid as fuck and I love it for being that stupid

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9651 posts) -

Other.

I do but I don't adore it like some people (so 'A' doesn't work for me).

#11 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

I am mostly in it for the KOTOR. That game made Star Wars a household name.

#12 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Star Wars is pretty awesome.

#13 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I love it. The universe is really cool in my opinion, and while I know the prequel trilogy isn't the epitome of film making, I still very much enjoy them.

#14 Edited by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

I hated Star Wars almost as much as LOTR

#15 Posted by wjb (1653 posts) -

I used to be obsessed with it growing up. I was really into the extended universe. I don't know if it's because I'm older or because the Star Wars franchise isn't quite what it used to be, but I lost interest some years ago.

#16 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7071 posts) -

@N7 said:

Star Wars made Star Wars a household name, EEJIT.

#17 Posted by mlarrabee (2910 posts) -

Just so there's an understanding, I don't dislike it either; I'm utterly indifferent.

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -
#19 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

Actually the alphabet and spoken word made Star Wars a household name. FTFY.
#20 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7071 posts) -

@N7 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

Vocal cords and non-verbal communication made Star Wars a household name.

#21 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

I dunno. I think it's still kinda cool, I guess.

#22 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

The local housing authority were the ones to lease out the property for construction workers to come and plow the lot and make way for the landscapers to come in and square them into livable places. And you can thank the stock market for giving the economy the boost it needs to give people the jobs and subsequent pay that put those people into the houses, of which Star Wars is a household name.
#23 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

I motherfucking love Star Wars, Original Trilogy FTW.

#24 Posted by Jayzilla (2558 posts) -

Star Wars is awesome. Luke Skywalker is still my hero because he didn't do the easy thing. He did the right thing.

#25 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1817 posts) -

1 word

EMBO

and they also just went ahead and decided to have speeder bike jousting so yeah its pretty cool

#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7071 posts) -

@N7 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

The local housing authority were the ones to lease out the property for construction workers to come and plow the lot and make way for the landscapers to come in and square them into livable places. And you can thank the stock market for giving the economy the boost it needs to give people the jobs and subsequent pay that put those people into the houses, of which Star Wars is a household name.

In 1609, Galileo became the first astronomer to observe space through the use of what we now know as a telescope. You can't have Star Wars without stars and since stars are in space and Galileo was one of (if not the) first to observe space and theorize that stars did not revolve around the Earth, Galileo made Star Wars a household name.

#27 Posted by Hyperglide (149 posts) -

One of all my all time fave series. The prequels suck though. I definitely think the original trilogy is the epitiome of Action Science Fiction Fantasy.

I'm a Trek fan too. I'm one of the rare few that likes both series.

#28 Posted by Dimsey (949 posts) -

I liked the movies, even the newer ones to some degree. And a lot of the games. But that's about it. 
Never looked into the Clone Wars animated series or started getting into Expanded Universe stuff or anything. 

#29 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@N7 said:

In 1609, Galileo became the first astronomer to observe space through the use of what we now know as a telescope. You can't have Star Wars without stars and since stars are in space and Galileo was one of (if not the) first to observe space and theorize that stars did not revolve around the Earth, Galileo made Star Wars a household name.

Two thousand years ago, God gave birth to Jesus. Jesus grew up to invent the stars and implant the idea that we could observe space into the mind of Galileo and is subsequently responsible for the creation of Star Wars and all other space related fiction.
#30 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Yes, duh.

#31 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I've soured a little, but still like it overall. The early extended universe stuff (Timothy Zahn, Michael Stackpole, Aaron Alliston, few others) was far, far better than the movies (including the original trilogy).

#32 Edited by razkazz (169 posts) -

I got into Terminator, Aliens, & Predator before Star Wars so that really dampened the impact the original trilogy had on me. I liked them okay but never felt like I was part of the club. Then when I was around eleven the Shadows Of The Empire craze hit. Friends at summer camp got me into the action figures, the video game was awesome, and the darker cooler vision was right up my alley. It got me into the Star Wars universe more than ever before, but it was a fleeting phase. When they reverted back to pumping out the old Star Wars stuff I still collected some of the figures but it wasn't as exciting.

Fast-forward to the prequels, I like Jango Fett and I thought episodes 2 and 3 had some cool stuff but I still feel I dunno ...distant from the movies. I've found that I really like Star Wars games where you shoot people; they're probably my favorite aspect of the franchise. I bought Dark Forces (PS1) on the PS Store a year or two ago and loved it. I've been meaning to get the sequels on Xbox for a while. In the meantime, I've picked up and really enjoyed Bounty Hunter and Battlefront II on PS2. So, unlike most, I think I've gotten progressively more into Star Wars in the past few years; and it's definitely thanks to the tie-in stuff. Every once in a while I'll get into a phase where I want to experience some part of the universe, and I never thought I'd have that kind of attachment to it.

#33 Posted by PenguinDust (12483 posts) -

I still love the original trilogy and some of the extended universe stuff. I don't hold it in as absolute esteem as I once did thanks to the prequels, but it's still one of the most captivating settings for tales of galactic adventure. Space opera at its finest.

#34 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I like it enough to buy one of the books or play one of the games once in awhile.
Loved some of its games like KotoR, Battlefront 1/2 and Jedi Academy.

#35 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Yes, there's alot of bad shit, but it does not override the good.

#36 Posted by Levius (1096 posts) -

It's alright, I love the Original trilogy and a few of the games, the rest I have no interest in, so I guess it balances out.

#37 Posted by MocBucket62 (1180 posts) -

HELL YEAH Original Trilogy! The only thing good to come out of the prequels was the Pod Racing videogame for the PC.

#38 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I like all six movies.

#39 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Yup

#40 Posted by Jeust (10537 posts) -

I liked Star Wars, and still do, but there isn't anything to be released concerning Star Wars that I'm interested in.

#41 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

I like the universe of star wars but I don’t love everything that came out of it.

#42 Posted by DemBones (69 posts) -

There are some things that I like about it. I feel that it would be much better if it went a much darker, grittier route.

#43 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

It used to be entertaining for me but lately I have begun to hate Star Wars, Id say its because I havent watched the original trilogy in a while.

But that new trilogy is really awful.

#44 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

I like the universe and loved KOTOR and the Battlefront games, I thought the movies were cool although I don't have an affinity for them, so I like Star Wars overall.

#45 Posted by Aetheldod (3542 posts) -

Why yes ... yes I do :D

#46 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I like some of the movies so sometimes I guess , I was really into it before the 3rd prequel movie, when the short Clone Wars cartoon was on air , when I played KOTOR I was midly interested on the game because it had star wars stuff then Mass Effect came and made me not care for it, didn't care too much for the Force Unleashed... then Kinect Star Wars came and my interest dropped to sub-levels but I'll be back again if Star Wars 1313 turns out good so C.

#47 Posted by benefitevil (49 posts) -

I have always loved Star Wars since I've been a little kid. The universe has had its low points (the most recent movies being a very low point). But through it all I can still find the magic and wonderment every time I watch or read Star Wars.

#48 Posted by NTM (7320 posts) -

@DemBones said:

There are some things that I like about it. I feel that it would be much better if it went a much darker, grittier route.

Yeah, I agree with this statement.

#49 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

I am a huge fan of Star Wars, to the point where I get annoyed whenever I hear them discussing it on the Bombcast. Jeff's opinions regarding movies and television are flat-out awful.

#50 Posted by Irvandus (2875 posts) -

I used to, I'm not that into the main fiction anymore. I do find the KOTOR fiction fantastic though.