#1 Posted by NTM (7030 posts) -

#2 Posted by NTM (7030 posts) -

I don't usually like making threads/polls on game sites that aren't about games, but I do it sometimes. I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, and I just thought about it 'cause I'm not working at the time, but I think I will be soon.

#3 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2661 posts) -

Can't stand it. I make too much money to quit though.

But yeah, it's the primary reason I'll probably have a mental breakdown by 25.

#4 Posted by SamStrife (1280 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Can't stand it. I make too much money to quit though.

But yeah, it's the primary reason I'll probably have a mental breakdown by 25.

This exactly!

#5 Posted by Papa_XIV (149 posts) -

I am bumping this because, while i don't have a job and haven't even finished school yet, this is truly awesome and should be kept alive

#6 Edited by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Rolyatkcinmai: woah shit.  I swore you were my age, not younger.

On another note, it goes up and down, but right now I've 5 years under my belt at the same place and this job is making it so my wife and I can have a house built that will suit all our needs for the next decade or two.  So yea, I'm pretty stoked about my job.

EDIT: I'm 27, and for unknown reasons thought you had a year on me or two.  (chalk it up to your voice sounding older than you are?)
#7 Posted by Nux (2207 posts) -

I work at before and after school program for kids, so there are days where I have a lot of fun playing with them but other days I can't stand my job. It all depends on my mood and how much of a pain in the ass the kids are being day by day.

#8 Posted by Donkeycow (550 posts) -

All i will say is never work in a grocery store. It would probably be better if i wasn't also balancing university with work and i didn't need to get up at 5:15am to get to work on time.

#9 Posted by NTM (7030 posts) -

Shit! I should have added another one. I should have added "Sometimes it's great, and sometimes it sucks." Or something like that.

#10 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@NTM said:

Shit! I should have added another one. I should have added "Sometimes it's great, and sometimes it sucks." Or something like that.

If you had I would have chosen this.
#11 Posted by NTM (7030 posts) -

@Donkeycow said:

All i will say is never work in a grocery store. It would probably be better if i wasn't also balancing university with work and i didn't need to get up at 5:15am to get to work on time.

Man, I had to get up at 4:00 AM PT every Friday to go to work when I worked last. That was no good.

@Papa_XIV said:

I am bumping this because, while i don't have a job and haven't even finished school yet, this is truly awesome and should be kept alive

Thank you? I didn't think someone would think such a thread topic is awesome.

#12 Posted by NTM (7030 posts) -

@mfpantst: Yeahhh. I'm guessing most people have that.

#13 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Yeah I love mine, not saying if certain other things came up I wouldnt take those in a heartbeat, but I am very happy with it

#14 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@NTM: Possibly.  I do like how your options go from "YAY" to "Fuck it" to "fuck that shit".  

ps- you're right, things like this that personalize us users are good things.
#15 Posted by Chop (1962 posts) -

You know, I don't mind the work but I can't fucking stand the people. I dread going to work but only because I hate my boss and ignorant customers.

#16 Posted by Hosstile17 (747 posts) -

I love my job. Working in online education is rewarding and every day is different.

#17 Posted by Grixxel (758 posts) -

@Hosstile17 said:

I love my job. Working in online education is rewarding and every day is different.

Sounds neat.

#18 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

Its pretty good.

#19 Posted by DuskVamp (679 posts) -

I hate working in retail, its not exactly hard, but bad management, especially the one manager and horrible customers make 1 hour feel like 10.

#20 Posted by Demoskinos (13833 posts) -

Working at Wal-mart right now. I've heard horror stories from people saying its the worst thing ever. I've not really had that experience Its a bit boring but not really "bad" as all I have to do is stock shelves and most of the time I'm left alone to work at my own pace.

#21 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

While I'm going through college I'm working at a Gamestop..... man it kind of sucks. Like I know it could be FAR worse just some of the people I work with are annoying as hell (like any job) and the constant pressure to sell people shit they don't need or else I could get fired kind of gets old.

#22 Posted by dudeglove (7245 posts) -

It's not my job I usually have an issue with, it's the people you work with ("hell is other people" etc.). If you're self employed then you just end up hating yourself.

#23 Posted by Clouise (147 posts) -

@DuskVamp: Agreed, bad customers can make working in retail hell sometimes.I like my immediate bosses, but the higher ups can be total dicks sometimes.

We recently got a big newsletter about "our company and social media" so I'd probably get fired if I started bitching about them....

#24 Posted by fox01313 (5032 posts) -

Yes before getting the layoff with the bulk of the department where I was working.

#25 Posted by BiG_Weasel (524 posts) -

I work full time for a company that contracts with other companies to do telephone customer service. I work multiple lines, including THE biggest tractor and equipment company in the world. I do all of this full time from home. 40+ hours a week, and make a pretty good living. I can't complain, really, but if I had my way, I'd be doing other things. Still, though- sleeping in and not having to fight traffic is great.

#26 Posted by DuskVamp (679 posts) -
@Clouise: Yeah we have a notice up in the staff room about social media, but hey, none of them come to this site, so screw them! Well, just the one really...
#27 Posted by decko5 (131 posts) -

I love my job (I work with kids at an after school program). I am a student full-time so the hours and pay are adequate. Currently the future of the program is uncertain and I am a little worried about finding a new job. That's the only "thing" I have against my job right now.

#28 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

I picked D but I'm posting this from work ;)

#29 Edited by M_Shini (548 posts) -

I do care work for young adults and older at a residential home and day care service and have been doing it for about one year and it almost doesn't feel like work in many ways and always have allot of fun with the Clients that live and come to the day service and i couldn't imagine not doing it. There are the really crappy side of it like dealing with someone passing away though which can hit hard but that aside it has been really rewarding and its kept me happy as a work environment.

#30 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

I'm in school.... Sooooo

#31 Posted by the_red_mage (146 posts) -

Duuh I am software developer soooo I guess it's alright.

#32 Posted by UitDeToekomst (661 posts) -

i like the job that i do but i despise the environment that i have to do it in, specifically some of the people in the organization and the other organizations that we share space with. i chose the second option in the survey because i am not a musician or an astronomer and i would definitely prefer doing either of those to what i do now.

#33 Edited by Davin (242 posts) -

I worked in a grocery store (edit: in the bakery department as the head baker) for eleven years, getting up at 3am. I recently quit because I got married and moved. I will never, ever do that again. I was so stressed and on edge all the time due to the always increasing demands put upon us. No matter how good or stable the job may have been, it wasn't worth the mental toll I was always taking.

#34 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

I'd say i really like my job. I inspect septic systems for the county. While the actual subject of the job is pretty boring and maybe a bit gross, everything around the job is great. The pay is pretty good, great benefits, my coworkers and bosses are awesome. Only real bummer is i'm probably gonna be laid off.

#35 Edited by Tophat666 (229 posts) -

I love my job.

My first real job in the culinary world & I'm making pasta for some of the biggest restaurants in New York City. I work at a commissary in Queens, under the parent company BR-Guest, & my pasta is sent from there to all the restaurants owned by them. If one of those places needs fresh pasta, it comes from me (in other words, i'm one of the biggest names in pasta for NYC). I've been working there for well over a year now, & I couldn't be happier.'

And since I don't deal with costumers, I get to listen to my ipod all day(& most of the time it's the Bombcast).

#36 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6270 posts) -

I work at a grocery store. It's not that bad and definitely could be a lot worse but it's not a "good" job by any stretch.

#37 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Love it I'm a computer engineer for HP and on the weekens I coach tennis for a Country Club (pro-bono)

#38 Posted by CornBREDX (4454 posts) -

Somedays I hate my job, other days I'm fine. I'd be much happier if I didn't have to deal with idiots all day.

#39 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

@DuskVamp said:

I hate working in retail, its not exactly hard, but bad management, especially the one manager and horrible customers make 1 hour feel like 10.

In the same position, feel exactly the same.

#40 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1326 posts) -

Working at a bank while studying engineering full time. Sometimes it can get really busy and people are always bitchy about their money, but most days it is kind of slow and I just surf the web. So it's not the best, but it is better than most college student jobs.

#41 Posted by Darksideshadow (27 posts) -

Its not that my job is bad. Its just that id rather be surfing and hanging out with my dog and friends. I feel like I'm wasting time.

#42 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1220 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Working at Wal-mart right now. I've heard horror stories from people saying its the worst thing ever. I've not really had that experience Its a bit boring but not really "bad" as all I have to do is stock shelves and most of the time I'm left alone to work at my own pace.

Fellow associate! I'm on the distribution center side though. It sucks, but the cash makes it bearable.

#43 Posted by InfiniteSpark (282 posts) -

Answer B pretty much answers my feelings working at my current job at the moment. I don't mind it, but I would love to work somewhere where I'm doing something much closer to the major I graduated with from college (accounting).