• 131 results
#1 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I used to get carded a lot when going to the movies or buying rated R movies. I haven't had those issues over the past two years though. I recently shaved my beard and I got carded earlier today while trying to buy NyQuil. I'm 24 years old. 

Do any of you have this problem?

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (7581 posts) -

I'm Asian.

#3 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

I've had people tell me I look like I'm 12 even though I'm 18.

#4 Posted by natetodamax (19140 posts) -

People tell me I look a lot older than I really am.

#5 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

People still think i'm in my teens, I don't know whether this is a blessing or a curse.

#6 Posted by CuddlyKnife (83 posts) -

I do. I was a large dude when I was a teen, and people say that I look younger now(age:33) than what I did in high school, because I slimmed down a little some-some.

#7 Posted by Yummylee (20618 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
" I'm Asian. "
I har har'd

Anywhoo I'm 5ft zero so... my face I suppose fits my age of 21, I think.
#8 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2580 posts) -

I'm 21, look 17  

#9 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I look older then my age.
#10 Posted by Otogi (219 posts) -
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
" I'm 21, look 17    "
#11 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

In my 20's I looked younger than my age, but now that I'm 34 I look like I'm in my mid-30's. I woke up one morning and I was old. :(

#12 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I definitely look younger than I am, I get carded all the time.

#13 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

I look younger when I shave.

#14 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6270 posts) -

I get carded a lot but that's because I'm 18. I think I look pretty average for my age.

#15 Posted by Cazamalos (982 posts) -

i'm 21 and when i shave my facial hair people think i'm 18 
i don't know if that's bad or a good thing

#16 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

20 years ago I got carded even when I had a beard. Ten years ago people thought I looked young for my age. Now my beard is white as hell and when I shave, I still look 40 something. I guess I got caught up.

#17 Posted by Empirepaintball (1385 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
"I'm Asian. "

HAHA! 

Most win post of the day.
#18 Posted by Wipeout (260 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim said:
" In my 20's I looked younger than my age, but now that I'm 34 I look like I'm in my mid-30's. I woke up one morning and I was old. :( "
Same here man.   No matter what age will always catch up with you.
#19 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

I think I look like I'm at the ripe old age of 25, which I am.

#20 Posted by Vinny_Says (5632 posts) -

NyQuil? really?

#21 Posted by Red12b (9044 posts) -

People say I look 26-28 I am 22...

#22 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

Even though I ain't good looking, the one thing that is good about me is that I look 5-6 years younger than my actual age. I'm 22, and I take it as a compliment that people think I'm younger.

#23 Posted by Sargus (706 posts) -

I've been accused of robbing the cradle with my fiancee, who's 22, like me. But on a few occasions I've also been told I look younger than am. So I don't know.

Either way is better than a friend of mine, though. She got IDed on an airplane because the flight attendants didn't believe she was old enough to sit in the emergency row on the plane. You have to be 13 or 14. She was 21.

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19172 posts) -

I don't know. I'm 17, but I guess I look my age. Perhaps younger.

#25 Posted by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

I can pass for  around 20 with my beard unshaved. 

Shaved....people think I'm 16.... 

It's alright. I'm 19

#26 Posted by JammyJesus (766 posts) -

Kind of. Some days I get ID'd for tabs and drink, others I do not. 

#27 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" NyQuil? really? "
Yeah, you have to be 18 to buy it. When I scanned the barcode in the Self-Serve aisle, the cashier told me that I looked too young.
#28 Posted by Gamer_152 (13976 posts) -

Yes I do.

#29 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

Yes, and I always have been.  Luckily I was also always so tall for my age that people mistook me for older.  I got into PG-13 movies when I was 9 years old.

#30 Posted by Vonocourt (2107 posts) -

Mostly people think I'm 16-17, but I'm twenty.

#31 Posted by Cslaw (217 posts) -

I'm 19 and look about that age, if you want to look old start drinking heavily.

#32 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" I look younger when I shave. "
As with all things. *Smiles*
#33 Posted by Soapy86 (2598 posts) -

Nope. Maybe it's because I've had a beard since I was 16, but people have always mistook me for being much older than I really am.  

#34 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -
@Cslaw said:

" I'm 19 and look about that age, if you want to look old start drinking heavily. "

Or do meth

#35 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4499 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" Yes, and I always have been.  Luckily I was also always so tall for my age that people mistook me for older.  I got into PG-13 movies when I was 9 years old. "
Yeah, early growth spurts really mess with people. I was on a college campus once with my family, and this lady asked if I was a student. I was 13.
#36 Posted by Yummylee (20618 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" Yes, and I always have been.  Luckily I was also always so tall for my age that people mistook me for older.  I got into PG-13 movies when I was 9 years old. "
One of the first of your age to of possibly witnessed a naked butt or side boob. nyssssssssssss
#37 Posted by artofwar420 (6228 posts) -

Sometimes people ask me for id when buying booze and other times they wonder how many kids I have. Must be all that coke I'm doing.

#38 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

people have asked me if i am 18 yet in certain situations.... i'm 21

#39 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

Growing up tall, everyone thought I was much older than I was. When I hit about 18 and found out I can't grow facial hair, the opposite has occurred.

#40 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1869 posts) -

I have so much facial hair right now, people easily mistake me as being in my late twenties.  
I look my age when I shave, though.

#41 Posted by Where_Am_I (335 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
Pubes?
#42 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I'm people told me I looked 20-23 when I was 18.  
Now they say I look 25 and I'm 23. So I apparantly haven't changed much. 
So being 195cm(what's that, like 6 feet and 5 inches or something? I have no idea) when I was 18 and still being that is probably a good thing. 

#43 Posted by TooWalrus (12986 posts) -

No, my boss keeps asking me to chill at the bar, but forgets I won't be 21 until May. (It's the beard).

#44 Posted by Kyelb22 (295 posts) -

I'm 19, 6ft tall, and yet, people still ask me if I'm old enough to be working at Best Buy. I mean, come on, if you're asking that, then my being there automatically answers your dumbass question. 

#45 Posted by blackbird415 (777 posts) -
@Axxol: 

Depends if I let my beard grow out or not. With my beard people assume im much older (24). Without it im 15. 

im actually 19 by the way
#46 Posted by fearthephins (148 posts) -

I get a mixed reaction among people....some people say I look a few years younger and then some other people say I look a bit older. I'm not quite sure what to believe. I'm 20 and I always kind of thought I looked my age but apparently people see things differently.

#47 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Yeah, sort of. I'm almost 18 but I still look 15-16 since I'm skinny. 

#48 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

yeah, i look young for my age. when people find out my age they're always like your 23?!? are you sure... i get carded for everything. i just got carded for buying a video game not to long ago. 

i look like i am 17ish for 23. i find it funny that i still look young. i think it's good for people that are older as they will look young.

#49 Posted by LadyShayne (130 posts) -

I'm 23, but everyone who meets me is convinced I'm a high school sophomore until I break out the credentials or give them the Glare of Death. I see it as less of a statement on how young I look and more of a commentary on how old the average high schooler looks (sorry kids). To be fair however, whenever I answer the phone and some random poll person wants to do a survey with someone  21 or over, I respond with "I'm not interested" only to hear them softly state "Well, can we speak to the adult of the house?"...*click*

#50 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -
@Where_Am_I said:
" @Afroman269 said:
Pubes? "
They look younger too.