Do you make music? What do you play?

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ahriman22

I was just wondering, how many people on Giantbomb are musicians? What do they produce/play? I'm always for listening to other people's music, because sometimes my library gets boring despite the amount of music I have.

I played the bass around the time I was 12, but god that was the most boring thing I'd ever done so I just kind of dropped it after a year. Then everything changed when I started learning the drums at 14, I fell in love with hitting things real hard and have been playing metal on/off since then.

However, I moved past that and have been producing music on a computer with Ableton Live for about 2 years now and moved far, far from my Death Metal roots to make glitchy techno music. I love producing now, even though I can't really play the piano (I own a MIDI controller), that's not stopping me.

Here's the song I'm working on right now, it's mixing/mastering is kind of poopy but hey, it's a work in progress. I'm still quite happy with it so far though. The name needs to change, I just called it Smooth Operator for the time being, because I used the Operator synthesizer for almost all the basses, leads and pads. Clever, I know.

Anyways, how about you? Do you play any instruments or produce on a computer? What do you play/use? Post your latest song, I do care to hear it.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@ahriman22:Some good riffs going on, just feel like its lacking a proper bass line to it.

The stuff I make is more relaxed, chill type kind of music. I use fruity loops though

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ahriman22

Thank you, I'll try and work on the bass. This was produced over about 4 or 5 hours today, so there's still a bit of work to put into it.

starerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By starerik

I've been playing the piano and composing music since 2006. I've composed a lot of music for games my friends have made, and only 12 days ago I got my first co-developed game out on the App Store. But yeah, this thread is about the music and here's the gameplay music I wrote for the game:

I also have a soundcloud account here: https://soundcloud.com/erik-schroder

I make my music (since 2010) on a MacBook Pro using Cubase as my workstation and a lot of sample libraries from companies like Native Instruments, EastWest/Quantum Leap and others. Earlier I used Windows XP with a cracked version of FL Studio, but I'm no longer pirating when it comes to making music since I now get paid for it.

TheTravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheTravis

I play drums and bass in an alternative/indie/heavy/whatever-you-want-to-call-it band called FIrst Action Hero. We're working on new stuff now, but we put out an album back in March. This is the lead single.

I also dabble in electronic music under the name Anchorman Overboard. Here's a song named after a Giant Bomb inside joke.

As far as what I use, I'm a big fan of Reason for electronic stuff, and Pro Tools and Logic for any real recordings. I've got an M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI controller that has keys, drum pads, and enough DAW controls to do what I need.