• 74 results
#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

#2 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Velcro is often popular with children, when you can't do shoelaces yet velcro is a much easier option. But as an adult, do you own any velcro footwear?

#3 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3085 posts) -

No.

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Nope because I'm old enough to tie my shoes. Velcro shoes will always look childish to me.

#5 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I own a pair of sandals (I call them flip flops but I think those are technically the ones with thongs holding the flipflop on your foot) that have a flap over the middle of the foot that adjusts with velcro. Other than that, no.

#6 Posted by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

You ask some pretty weird questions dude. I had velcro shoes in first grade.

#7 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

I learned to do my tie and laces at 4 years old. I was a classy kid.

#8 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

Mine light up when I walk.

#9 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

No, because the velcro attaches a lot of junk when you go off-road.

#10 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -

I only wear bear-paw slippers for footwear. For all occasions.

#11 Posted by billyhoush (1194 posts) -

My sandals and high tops have a strip of velcro for ankle support. I love that crunchy rip sound.

#12 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

No.

#13 Posted by bobafettjm (1474 posts) -

Can't say that I do.

#14 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

So I needed a pair for the gym, so I ordered a pair of off eBay, they were very cheap but looked cool and were proper trainers. They had Velcro instead of laces though, now I look at them and think, why do laces even exist? I mean Velcro is so much easier, and Laces just look a complete mess no matter how well you do them. Its the same reason i see no reason for ties when we have clip on ties, sure its laziness but the time spent learning how to tie a tie or tie shoelaces could be spent learning more important skills.

#15 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

@Hizang said:

the time spent learning how to tie a tie or tie shoelaces could be spent learning more important skills.

Such as?

#16 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@EVO said:

@Hizang said:

the time spent learning how to tie a tie or tie shoelaces could be spent learning more important skills.

Such as?

Learning the methods in which to take the best pictures in Pokemon Snap, LIFE SKILLS.

#17 Posted by FourWude (2245 posts) -

Nope and I also don't wear diapers. I'm a big boy now.

#18 Edited by Vanek (383 posts) -

I have one pair of trainers that have Velcro and they're awesome. They have some advantages such as when I need to put shoes on to take something out to the bins and can't be arsed tying shoelaces.

#19 Posted by Franstone (1155 posts) -

If my Adidas sandals count than yes.

As for sneakers? No, not since I was about 8.

But I'm sure I'll need them again when I'm 80.

#20 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

No, but admittedly I took a very long time learning to tie my laces. Even today, for my casual footwear I always have slipons.

#21 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

No, I still have a pacifier and wear diapers though.

#22 Posted by UlquioKani (1180 posts) -

Hell Yeah. Only Pair of shoes I own

#23 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1668 posts) -

I mean I can see some adults having those tiva sandals, and even those have velcro. I just can't bring myself to own a pair of them, I'd rather have something leathery and strappy in my sandal, and I can tie my shoes so I don't feel the need to get velcro shoes.

#24 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Velcro is an infection control hazard

#25 Posted by TobbRobb (4840 posts) -

No velcro, but I usually only tend to tie my shoes once and then just bruteforce my feet into them. That's more out of laziness than anything though.

#26 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

Yeah. Sandals and a pair of shoes, I'm not really sure what to call them though. Really thin kind of trainer type shoes that conform pretty much perfectly to your foot with no sole other than textured rubber for traction. I wear them when sparring at the gym to avoid getting staph infections. That's it though. But if your idea is to ignore laces then ignore velcro too and get a nice pair of loafers. Put that time to better use.

#27 Posted by aznjon12 (189 posts) -

Yeah, I'm a grown man. My velcro days were lost in the golden age.

#28 Posted by AsperGamer (161 posts) -

Do Doc Martin make velcro shoes?

No.

Then I don't own velcro shoes - EVER!

Nor do I own Ugg Boots, Crocs or thongs (the footwear type)!

#29 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I've always felt there's some sort of unwritten shame towards adults wearing Velcro, least that's what i feel when i think of wearing a pair, although deep down inside Velcro makes so much more sense to me, why wouldn't you want to cut down them few seconds off putting on shoes just for the sake of being an adult.

Granted most of my shoes i can slip my feet in without even touching the lace's.

#30 Posted by Kidavenger (3628 posts) -
@Hizang

So I needed a pair for the gym, so I ordered a pair of off eBay, they were very cheap but looked cool and were proper trainers. They had Velcro instead of laces though, now I look at them and think, why do laces even exist? I mean Velcro is so much easier, and Laces just look a complete mess no matter how well you do them. Its the same reason i see no reason for ties when we have clip on ties, sure its laziness but the time spent learning how to tie a tie or tie shoelaces could be spent learning more important skills.

This is why children make fun of you in the street.
#31 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

Every time a see velcro shoes, not sandals, I think something is wrong with the person wearing them. That's makes me a horrible person.

#32 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -

Why do you make the threads that you do? I'm not trying to be an ass, but I feel like you have some imaginary quota in your head of how many threads you need to make per week, and if you can't think of anything interesting you just look around the room for something and then make a topic about it.

#33 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@ajamafalous: I'll give you a little insight, this is how I made this thread.

I was jamming in the Bombshelter to some N64 beats, when I realised I should probably get going to my Gym class. I put my shoes on, did my Velcro lace up, then created the thread.

#34 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Yes. My first baby shoes that my mother recently found, and gave to me.

#35 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Yeah I still have some shoes from when I was 5 years old laying around in the garage

#36 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -
@Hizang said:

@ajamafalous: I'll give you a little insight, this is how I made this thread.

I was jamming in the Bombshelter to some N64 beats, when I realised I should probably get going to my Gym class. I put my shoes on, did my Velcro lace up, then created the thread.

I want to see a picture of your adult velcro shoes now.
#37 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@ajamafalous: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120968283905?var=420089286206&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1787wt_936

#38 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@TobbRobb

No velcro, but I usually only tend to tie my shoes once and then just bruteforce my feet into them. That's more out of laziness than anything though.

Me too, I'll only tie them if they manage to get untied randomly.
#39 Posted by matti00 (675 posts) -

I clicked no, and then realised I do. A pair of quite expensive Hugo Boss dress shoes which were a present. I also have a lot of slip on shoes, but that's because I have a neurological condition which means I can't tie laces.

#40 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

@Hizang said:

time spent learning how to tie a tie or tie shoelaces could be spent learning more important skills.

When you learn how to tie your shoelaces, you're no longer a child, you're a boy. And when you learn how to tie a tie, you're no longer a boy, you're a man. Those are pretty milestones of a mans life that shouldn't be removed.

#41 Posted by Grillbar (1904 posts) -

well kinda i got some work boots that have lazes and leather flap with velco on it to cover the lazes so they dont brun away when im welding and with leather straps around the ankle.

so if those count i have 3 pair.

but for normal or non job/hobby related then no never had as far as i can remember.

#42 Posted by LikeaSsur (1586 posts) -

No. I buy new shoes, double knot them, and boom. Instant slip ons for the rest of the life of the footwear.

#43 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -
@LikeaSsur said:

No. I buy new shoes, double knot them, and boom. Instant slip ons for the rest of the life of the footwear.

Yep, me too.
#44 Posted by Sumbog (506 posts) -

My football cleats have laces as well as a velcro strap on top.

#45 Posted by Nitrocore (369 posts) -

No, Velcro is a rip off - Tim Vine

#46 Posted by AlexW00d (6433 posts) -

I have an old pair of Nike Dunk SB mids next to me which have a velcro strip for ankle support - them being skate shoes and all - but they are actually lace ups.

#47 Posted by captain_max707 (494 posts) -

My biking shoes have a velcro strap that goes over the laces to protect them. So sure.

#48 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

its funny how so many of you think of velcro to be a kids only thing.. yes kids use it when they cant tie their shoes but there's plenty of fashionable shoe wear with velcro. sneakers/trainers from all big brands (nike, adidas, etc.) sell velcro shoes for adults.

#49 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

No but I wear slip-ons. Laces are for people with too much time in their day,

#50 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -