Posted by Jeust (10536 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Do you prefer fast or slow zombies? (85 votes)

Fast! 13%
Sssllllllooooowwwwwww.... 45%
I like both! 26%
I don't like zombies! 12%
Show me the answers! 5%

How do you like your zombies? Fast or slow moving rotting corpses?

#1 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Slow. When they're fast it seems too unbelievable that we would even stand the slightest chance.

#2 Edited by Jeust (10536 posts) -

Slow! I think fast zombies are dumb. I think it is because I grew with the slow moving zombie movies. Although it doesn't make much sense to me decomposing marathon athletes.

#3 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6294 posts) -

Fast are the only ones that hold my interest.

#4 Edited by falserelic (5394 posts) -

Fast zombies are more threatening, just look at the crimson heads in the remake of Resident Evil..

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11793 posts) -

Zombies should only be fast when they're interrupted whilst reading the newspaper.

#6 Posted by oldenglishC (943 posts) -

Since all it takes to stop a zombie is a semi-sturdy door, speed really doesn't matter.

#7 Edited by MentalDisruption (1620 posts) -

I like both, but it depends on the lore behind the fast zombies. If they have the same origin as slow zombies would (dead or risen from the dead) then I laugh a little bit at dead bodies that can move like that. However, if its just an infection or something like that then fast zombies can be cool.

#8 Posted by Village_Guy (2533 posts) -

I like both, but maybe slow zombies a little more. Although I find both to work best in a mix.

#9 Posted by CaLe (3943 posts) -

I don't even consider fast zombies to be zombies at all. They are just generic humanoid monsters.

#10 Posted by Beltsu (6 posts) -

Though slow seem more "realistic", I like them fast, because of 28 days later. still my fav zombie movie.

#11 Posted by JacDG (2117 posts) -

@jeust said:

Slow! I think fast zombies are dumb. I think it is because I grew with the slow moving zombie movies. Although it doesn't make much sense to me decomposing marathon athletes.

Me too, also, fast zombies are annoying as hell to encounter in video games.

#12 Posted by Clonedzero (4194 posts) -

I like both. I prefer slow zombies, they're classic and i find them more scary when used properly, they can build up tension and atmosphere really well.

Fast zombies (though i prefer when they're just rage infected guys) are also cool, they're more threatening and dangerious clearly, however they arent that great for tension, more of an action movie zombie.

Like i said in another thread. Slow zombies = Alien. Fast zombies = Aliens. Both are good in their own ways.

#13 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Classic slow ass zambies for me. There's room for both but I always hesitated calling fast ones zombies. I don't even call the ones in RE5 and 6 zombies, they're something else entirely to me.

#14 Posted by cloudnineboya (790 posts) -

i have two zombie friends one is fast and it is a totally pain trying to keep up with him. the other is slow and she takes forever to get anywhere so i would really like to meet and become friends with a zombie who is in between that would be perfect.

#15 Posted by TobbRobb (4587 posts) -

I only like zombies in hack and slash games, so both? Fast zombies for fast games and slow zombies for methodical ones.

Zombies in cinema or shooters can all go fuck themselves.

#16 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4654 posts) -

The terror of zombies isn't that they're deadly in one on one encounters, but that there is an endless horde of them that never ends. That's what ultimately makes them scary. Just an endless human wave of cannon fodder. If you want to live, you have to run, except eventually there would be nowhere left to run.

Fast zombies can run and chase you down, but that's not scary. That's tag.

#17 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3174 posts) -

@falserelic: Sure but their speed/danger is ratcheted up considerably because all the other zombies are slow/ your player was designed to face mostly slower enemies.

Also. Man does GC remake still look amazing.

#18 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Slow. The whole point of zombies is a menacing thing on the periphery that is only a direct threat if you get entirely surrounded by them or wish to pass through a tight space that has some of them in it.
They used to be about tension more so than active threat.

#19 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

@falserelic: Sure but their speed/danger is ratcheted up considerably because all the other zombies are slow/ your player was designed to face mostly slower enemies.

Also. Man does GC remake still look amazing.

Indeed it doe's, looks better then some current gen games...

#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Slow in movies

Fast in games

#21 Posted by DarthOrange (3857 posts) -

I like both but we really haven't seen enough slow zombies in video games recently. Resident Evil 6 was the last one I can think of and what was before that?

#22 Posted by Budwyzer (565 posts) -

Zombies should only be fast when they're interrupted whilst reading the newspaper.

AMEN

#23 Edited by huser (1061 posts) -

Both have their uses. Fast is good for adrenaline pumping terror, jump scares and whatnot. Slow is good for scene setting dread, the confidence of a villain that doesn't bother to sweat, it knows it will get you eventually.

#24 Posted by pweidman (2319 posts) -

I voted I don't like, but enough with the Zombie shit; just plain sick of it all.

Obviously others aren't. :P

#25 Posted by Capum15 (4850 posts) -

Slow, because I refuse to call sprinters "Zombies". They're infected. Not reanimated dead. Reanimated dead lack enough motor control for sprinting, climbing, etc, because they died and parts start to atrophy pretty much immediately.

I don't mind them (heck, I enjoy L4D), but they're not zombles.

Man, I wish Off The Record worked for me without lagging horribly...2 is fun and all but no sandboxes around.