• 92 results
#51 Posted by dudeglove (7862 posts) -

After about 7 years of flatmates, I find living on my own far more pleasant.

#52 Posted by lilburtonboy7489 (1948 posts) -

yesssssssssssss

#53 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

I think im more use to being alone then want to be. Only child and both parents work. On the weekend they go to our place in the north. Its boring so I stay home and connected.

#54 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I'm a genuine recluse. My apartment is my hermitage. I like to be alone with my woes and sorrows.

#55 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2387 posts) -

I do at first, but after a few days I start to go insane and need human contact. 

I much prefer being alone for too long to not having the option to be alone, however. I need like a fallout shelter or something, because sometimes I just can't stand even hearing other people.

#56 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

mostly always 

'cept for the few faggy times when i cant live without calling my cousins trying to get them to get together 

#57 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

When I'm alone I wish I knew some people I could hang out with, when I'm with people I wish that they were different people. So I suppose yes.

#58 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

This thread is looking a bit tragic. 

I like people.

#59 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

i prefer being on my own to be honest, i can just relax

when im around my friends im usually a different person, im just hyper

when im alone i can relax :D

#60 Posted by ProfessorK (824 posts) -

I realized long ago that I was forced out of being an extrovert, so to speak at a young age. I used to talk to everybody and be extremely friendly to even other kids I didn't even know. But because kids can be harsh, I was always told to shut up, be quiet, teased and called motormouth, etc.   

Now I rarely engage anyone I don't know in conversation. I keep to myself and very much enjoy being alone. The only gripe is maintaining relationships. Pretty much every girl I've dated has been very outgoing and we end up clashing in the end, with me just wanting to stay in most of the time. No, I'm not adverse to going out, I just prefer to stay in :P 
Reading that article I realize why I have such an affinity towards Japan, go figure.

#61 Posted by ProfessorK (824 posts) -
@captain_clayman: Totally agree with both points. Nothing beats blasting your favorite music while buttassnaked!
#62 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Yes.

#63 Posted by OtakuGamer (1237 posts) -
Same, I'm not an outgoing person. I prefer to activities and hobbies indoors. Don't get me wrong I have plenty of good friends and I do go out with them on a weekly basis, its just the way I am these days.
#64 Posted by AlphaCentauri (183 posts) -

Yes, unless I'm with a hot girl.

#65 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

Sometimes I like to have time to myself. Of course, I work 9 hours a day. That is a lot of "having to be around people I don't necessarily want to be around." But I definitely don't want to be alone 80% of the time. Sometimes it is prefferable to going out and spending money I don't want to spend. Sometimes I am just tired. Sometimes I just don't want to accidently over-sleep the next morning. But most times I would rather go hang out. There are those times when I get annoyed at my friends, because they always want to do things I have no interest in doing. In that regard, I totally understand you. However, I usually find it is better to go hang out and make the best of opportunities. Finally, concerning whether you should be worried: I don't know. I have heard that increasingly preffering to be alone might be a sign of depression. But I am certain it is not a sign, by itself. So probably you don't have any reason to worry.

#66 Posted by billmcneal (286 posts) -

I try to take time to be alone every day. Generally if I am sad or mad I like to be alone

#67 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

I'm so busy with my studies that I don't get a lot of time with friends besides the roomate, who is also extremely busy and rarely around.  Most interaction comes from professors or with customers at work. 

To answer the question, I very much like being alone, but there are also times where I crave interaction with someone or something else. 

#68 Posted by Aetheldod (3586 posts) -

Im introverted as they come , even at important social gatherings I mostly stay mute 90% of the time , also dont like hanging around with the same people too much because somehow they just want to make "fun and stupid jokes" of things and really spoil everything. Like with some cousins , we get together and have like half an hour of good videogame fun until one of them just starts to be "funny" and eff things up , thus ruining the game. Also must conversations ends up being lousy and pointless , no intellectual exchange just random batter.

#69 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Yes, but after 5 years of being stuck in a room by yourself it can get lonely after a while. But then I actually get to be around people for an hour or two and remember how much people annoy me, and how I want to go back to being alone. 

I guess the key is finding people you actually like to be around. I'm still looking.

#70 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2721 posts) -
@captain_clayman said:
"i like being alone because:  1) i can be naked all the fucking time  " 

This.
#71 Posted by afrofools (1348 posts) -

I like being alone at home, but with other people in public, and I have a problem I was going to start a topic about. I can't tell what people are saying, I'm not sure if I have bad hearing, but I just can't tell what people are saying. Fucking awkward socially for me when I don't hear more than half of what everyone says. I don't even ask, "what?", or "huh" or "sorry" or "pardon" any-more, because I still can't tell what they said, I just nod and say, "yeah," and hope they weren't asking me a question.

#72 Posted by nutta27 (197 posts) -

I love being social don't get me wrong, I have a great group of friends go out most weekends with them and have a great time but I totally agree with you. I love being alone. I much prefer to lay alone in my room with some music on thinking or just chilling out in the dark playing games. Being alone relax's me.

#73 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

I play way too many sports to not like people.

#74 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

I like a lot of alone time, but not all the time. I do get out and have company over. 

I like to mull over things a lot, to extract the most from my experiences as I can. This most definitely requires a quite reverie.

#75 Posted by impalerXZ (85 posts) -
@captain_clayman said:
" i like being alone because:  1) i can be naked all the fucking time 2) i can blast music in my house   in fact, i love being around my friends when i wanna hang out.  but sometimes i just want my family to GTFO of the house so i dont have to jerk off in the shower using my imagination. "
Word up, brother.
#76 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I can't stand it, to be frank. 

#77 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Yes, it's nice when you don't have to put up with other people's shit for a while. As long as you feel you have enough people in your life that you can trust and don't feel lonely it's fine. It's only dangerous if you no longer feel connected to society, that's how lots of people get depressed and suicidal. Otherwise, alone time is an important part of self development. It gives you time to relax, indulge, think and reflect. 

#78 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

i prefer being alone but i also like the company of other people.  i just love taking the time off to listen to music for 5 hours.  refreshing stuff

#79 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
"  I even have a good group of friends that love to play games, most of that group only plays Black Ops though...,                                         "

Thats the problem, get some real friends ;)
#80 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19345 posts) -
@afrofools said:
" I can't tell what people are saying, I'm not sure if I have bad hearing, but I just can't tell what people are saying. Fucking awkward socially for me when I don't hear more than half of what everyone says. I don't even ask, "what?", or "huh" or "sorry" or "pardon" any-more, because I still can't tell what they said, I just nod and say, "yeah," and hope they weren't asking me a question. "
I experience this as well. Weird, I definitely have good hearing, but when someone talks to me directly face-to-face, I have some difficulty hearing them for some reason. I have a tendency to pay attention to every single thing that's going on around me, though, so that might be why I have difficulty concentrating on a single thing going on in front of me. Or something. I don't know.
#81 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Yes. I love being alone. I have friends, but honestly I would rather be alone. I'm not depressed or anything, I just prefer it. People annoy the fuck out of me most times. I don't feel you have to have a girlfriend/friends that you hang around with all the time to be happy.

#82 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

My social anxiety has left me with the unique skill of never feeling lonely, as the years I spent frightened of strangers and random groups of people, I ended up spending most of my time thinking to myself, until I kind of evolved a second personality type of thing, not the type that takes over your body, and not as filled out as Zach in Deadly premonition, but just kind of a being in the back of my head I converse with, I believe it to be my subconscious. Also I'm a bit mentally unstable. 

I grew out of the fear that came with the anxiety, but I still have both the imaginary friend-thing and the physical effects of an adrenaline rush around people. 

So I can spend almost all the time I want alone, in fact I prefer it since I don't get the adrenaline rush. But I can spend time around others, and while it is fun, I never felt very close to my friends, and the one I actually do feel attached to since he's about as messed up as me, I rarely get to see anymore.

#83 Posted by LiquidPrince (15950 posts) -

Sometimes, but I like the company of good friends, or a good girl. Or a bad girl...

#84 Posted by DeathByWaffle (636 posts) -

I spend a good amount of time with either my friends or girlfriend, but yeah, I do regularly take time to just be by myself.

#85 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

I wouldn't say I prefer to be alone per se, but most of the time I am alone and choose to be alone.... It really sucks. I do think I hang around people enough, but I don't hang WITH THEM. I am almost always found in my room. Course half the time or more I am working so I guess that's to be expected.  

But yeah I need to work on it. 

#86 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4757 posts) -

I do because I have yet to meet a human being I don't want to punch.

#87 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

I enjoy my alone time. Usually the things I like doing aren't as appealing to most people, and inviting others along only makes me not able to do what I had planned. Like have a winter hike through the forest off trail. I open my mouth and now I have a pack of friends who want to go "trail hiking". sigh. I'm sure it will be fun, but not as fun as I wanted.

#88 Posted by Parabole (216 posts) -

I want to do things with other people but I would like being alone.

#89 Posted by ThePickle (4183 posts) -

Yes. But I'm not a weird anti social person. I'm fine around people. I just prefer isolation. Glad I'm not the only one. 

#90 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Fuck no, i slowly go insane when i don't have a regular stream of social interaction.

#91 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4523 posts) -

In general or just when I jerk it? 

In general, yes. When I jerk it, no. It makes me feel lonely.

#92 Posted by MechaDestroyer (40 posts) -

I guess there are times where I prefer to be alone.  There is some freedom in being single; being able to do what you want when you want, stay up late, play video games for hours and eat/drink whatever.  That said, sometimes I'm willing to sacrifice all that to have regular social contact.  I'm not anti-social, nor do I "hate people" or look at others with contempt.  I find myself talking quite well and openly with people my own age (I can't stand anyone still in a high school mentality) at work and elsewhere.  All I can really say is that I enjoy my alone time to discover who I am and what I like and use it to build motivation to connect with others.  I detest ever becoming That Guy you see around your workplace (you know; the unkempt regular who never bathes and wears ill-fitting clothes because he stopped caring).