• 100 results
#1 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

#2 Edited by foggel (2763 posts) -

I personally don't.

To people who do: Please refrain from it while in the cinema, or, please I beg of you, while taking an exam.

#3 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

Normally I don't, with the exception being foot taps rhythm games to keep beat.

#4 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Usually pretty steady. Unless music is playing, then I move my feet to the rhythm.

#5 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

People that tap their feet or whatever the hell they are doing bugs the hell out of me when it starts to shake the table. Perfect example is at my university, most large lecture halls have long tables that seat more than one person. When you have somebody tap their feet, it shakes the whole damn thing. Not enough to screw up my writing but enough to feel and shake my concentration...

#6 Posted by _Horde (837 posts) -

Absolutely. It's relaxing in a way.

#7 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

My legs are perfectly still when I'm sitting. They do get a little twitchy when I'm trying to fall asleep though.

#8 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

All the time. Not sure why.

#9 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

Used to do it in school but no more.

#10 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Not usually.

I find people who obsessively click their mechanical pencils or pens to be much more distracting.

#11 Posted by Strife777 (1503 posts) -

Not a lot, but when I do, it's fast and I kind of can't stop it. I don't make noise when I do it though.

#12 Posted by rentfn (1277 posts) -

I was shaking my leg while I read this topic title :)

#13 Posted by benpicko (1997 posts) -

I can't sit still for longer than like 20 seconds without moving something, so yes I do.

All the time.

#14 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Doing it right now. Sometimes I never notice until someone says something.

#15 Posted by Natedogg2 (446 posts) -

Yep, I do it all the time. Especially when I'm just siting at my computer surfing the internet.

#16 Posted by pjacobson21 (198 posts) -

you guys know that's a real disorder, right?

#17 Posted by LetsRockBaby (241 posts) -

Yeah I do, always.

@pjacobson21 said:

Well there's something I didn't know.

#18 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

Yeah, really badly. Sometimes i'll do it too often/hard that my leg will hurt.

#19 Posted by Amilmitt (237 posts) -

i move a good amount. 
ill also move around alot, i need a good chair to be able to be still.
sometimes im perfectly still but that causes all my bones to seize up(such a great feeling after moving though, like a good stretch).

#20 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Doing it right now as I read and posted on your topic!

#21 Posted by onan (1283 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

All the time. Not sure why.

Villainous amounts of caffeine is usually the culprit. At least for me. It also happens when I'm uncomfortable or impatient, which happens quite a bit in games.

#22 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1640 posts) -

Usually not, but I can't say I've never done it.

#23 Posted by face15 (1274 posts) -

I do, but it is silent. Not a concern for fellow movie-goers or exam-takers.

#24 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -
#25 Posted by Anupsis (284 posts) -

I do every now and then to help with circulation but that's it.

#26 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Usually not, once the music starts I can't sit still tho, but that's another thing.

#27 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

It's nervous energy being released; it's just a twitch that most people have, myself included.

#28 Posted by mastrbiggy (229 posts) -

Yes, constantly.

#29 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

All the fucking time.

I'm a drummer, might have something to do with it.

#30 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Only when I'm hella nervous!

#31 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

I shake my leg like crazy when I sit, but I can control myself when in public

#32 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Nope.

#33 Posted by Red12b (9076 posts) -
@pjacobson21 said:
The fact that something as trivial as that has a disorder name attached to it is disturbing in of itself  

and yea I do it's a habit and it's comforting and it helps make me think
#34 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Haha... as if they could control it easily. It's much easier for you to ignore it than it is for them to stop.

#35 Posted by Scodiac (470 posts) -

I do it sometimes but it's silent. I move my heel up and down kind of rapidly but it doesn't ever hit the floor.

It's a tell. I do it when I'm thinking harder than usual. Probably, when I'm nervous too.

#36 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@pjacobson21 said:
The fact that something as trivial as that has a disorder name attached to it is disturbing in of itself and yea I do it's a habit and it's comforting and it helps make me think

Not everyone who does it has that disorder, just as every asshole doesn't have ADHD, some people are just assholes.

#37 Posted by SkylarTrace (118 posts) -

Nope I stay still like a log.

#38 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

I was scrolling down to the forums and shaking my leg per usual when I saw this poll. All the time, I literally can not stop doing it, ever.

#39 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

All the time. It bugs the shit out of my girlfriend when we're both on the couch, and at times I don't even notice myself doing it.

#40 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

It happens, especially if I'm concentrating on something, or thinking up something new to make in Photoshop. My grandfather did it constantly, and my dad hated it.

#41 Posted by Errordotocx (119 posts) -

All the time, and I usually don't notice till someone says something. But not only this, but I tap my feet, tap my hands, tap pencils/pens, day dream, am easily distracted, and have a horrendous nail biting problem. These ADD/nervous habits make it very hard for me to concentrate or stay focused for very long. =/

#42 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Never.  Not even if there is music. 
#43 Posted by Skyrider (330 posts) -

I do it, but pretty much only when I'm alone. Sometimes I do it without knowing, but I try to do it if I've been sitting down for a good while and don't feel like getting up to stretch, just to get the blood flowing and whatnot.

#44 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

I'm doing it right now.

#45 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

This poll is telling. Gamers are twitchy and nervous RLS-havers

#46 Posted by natetodamax (19171 posts) -

@benpicko said:

I can't sit still for longer than like 20 seconds without moving something, so yes I do.

All the time.

Same!

#47 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

I do it only when I play PC and that's only because I don't want my legs to be motionless for that long.

#48 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Yes I do and I fucking hate it. My knees always hurt because I'm always shaking them from side to side. The worst is at night when I'm trying to sleep and my legs just won't stop rocking from side to side. Curse you restless leg syndrome!

#49 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I vigorously shake my leg while sitting at a desk most of the time, but because I know it annoys most people I make a conscious effort to not do it in public.

#50 Posted by bill (97 posts) -

yes and people always ask me if im alright.