Do you still like superhero movies?

• 72 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Do you still like superhero movies? (358 votes)

YES! 70%
No, Boring. 22%
I'm gonna be that guy and say I never liked them. 8%

I'm wondering if people still like superhero movies cause they seem to be doing really well as always but I haven't been seriously into one since dark knight, exceptions being xmen: 1st class and galaxy. I still go watch them but find myself really bored by them and can't get excited about any of them, even the new marvel spiderman. I couldn't care less about the avengers movie. the ones I can kinda get hyped about are the nonsuperhero superhero movies like scott pilgram, kick-ass, super, or even chronicle.

are people going to seem them cause fuck it or do you still love these things?

• 
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

YES! If it's a superhero thing I'll be there with bells on. Even if the movies are objectively shit (X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, X-Men Origins), I still find the pure joy of having my childhood brought to life in a big way and combing through every moment for the little Easter eggs for comic nerds like me. Except the DC stuff. Have barely read any DC stuff and I think Superman is dumb. Nolan trilogy was great though and if they ever make a movie out of Kingdom Come I will lose my mind.

David

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would have said yes...but I just came back from the theater after seeing the new Avengers and I'm not so sure anymore.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll still watch them but I do think they're getting played out, yeah.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I never really was a fan of them and I don't go out of my way to watch them. I'm not against them, though, especially the ones that stand out as something different. I really liked The Dark Knight and Guardians of the Galaxy was such a great, fun movie. Seems like I need to watch The Winter Soldier at some point.

In any case, it's getting harder for me to accept the colorful costumes in a live action setting thing. I think The Dark Knight gets such a great pass because Batman is kinda just "there" in that movie - most of the drama and interesting bits come from Harvey Dent and the Joker. That's not to say that Batman doesn't fit in that movie, but I think that with a bit of restructuring, you could make that movie without Batman.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I can't say that I've ever really been fond of superhero movies. For the most part, I try to steer away from over-the-top Hollywood productions, which is usually what superhero movies are.

I've only really enjoyed a handful of superhero movies - the most recent of which was released in 2008. I'm sure you can guess which one...

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can't say that I've ever really been fond of superhero movies. For the most part, I try to steer away from over-the-top Hollywood productions, which is usually what superhero movies are.

I've only really enjoyed a handful of superhero movies - the most recent of which was released in 2008. I'm sure you can guess which one...

Superhero Movie?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're a thing to go to with a bunch of friends if you are all bored, and that's about it for me. I do find it a bit messed up that Marvel can plan these things years in advance and safely bank on every film making all the money. Maybe they feel that public interest will eventually wane, which is why the current strategy seems to involve aggressively assaulting theatres with these hero flicks.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder said:

Superhero Movie?

:P The Dark Knight.

Although, to be fair, Superhero Movie is probably more of a superhero movie than The Dark Knight, given that Batman is just a guy with lots of money who likes to play dress-ups.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like good movies. Controversial statement.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sure, I watched Avengers: Age of Ultron last night and it was pretty good, so yeah I guess I still like superhero movies.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I really like Daredevil but idc about the movies. I haven't seen one since Iron Man 3.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Are there too many romantic comedies? Military action films? Suspense thrillers? No, there aren't. "Super hero films" are subgenres, not a genre all to their selves. Some of the most fun films I've seen in the last 6 years have been superhero films, so no...I am not done with them.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Never really cared about superhero stuff in general. Loved the Dark Knight trilogy though

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By Shortbreadtom

I like them as long as they do something different. GotG and CA2 in particular stand out for being superhero movies under the trappings of other more interesting genres (space opera and conspiracy thriller respectively). In contrast, Iron Man 2 and 3 are nothing but average superhero movies, ones that feel like Marvel was playing it safe. Same with Edward Norton's Hulk, Thor, Green Lantern, Amazing Spider-Man, Man of Steel etc. I think the fact that I need to find something else to latch on to is evidence of me being kind of sick of them at this point, but the last two Marvel movies I really liked so... I guess I'm conflicted.

On the other hand, in terms of what superhero movies have done to the blockbuster film industry, I can without reservation say that I fucking hate them.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw Age of Ultron this week and thought it was great so yes, I still like them depending on the quality of course. Man of Steel was a superhero movie and a hot mess at the same time.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I picked option A but I wouldn't say my opinion is that enthusiastic. I see them and think they're decently fun to watch but there've only been 2 of the Marvel ones (Ironman & Avengers), TDK, and a small smattering of others that I was really excited about after seeing.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure I like them in general, I've never been super into them but they're entertaining enough

I think X-Men is the only film series where I've seen some of the films in the cinema, for most others I just watch them whenever they end up on TV

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By geirr

I am that guy who never really liked them since superheroes never appealed to me growing up.

However my wife loves Marvel and especially certain DC Villains so watching these movies with her can be an amazing experience. Living it through her eyes, kinda.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it's done right, i'll be a fan for life

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The only superhero universe I like is Batman.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the story carryover. I like seeing how everything intertwines. Harry Potter, James Bond, Marvel, whatever. If done well I'm in.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#72  Edited By recroulette

I like Raimi's Spiderman films (even 3, ESPECIALLY 3) and Tim Burton's Batman movies.

Marvel seems like it's too deep now. I've only seen the first Iron Man, and it's just daunting knowing there are 10 other movies to see to catch up. Really if I wanted to jump in I'd just go see Age of Ultron.