• 100 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Definitely. The grunge (even if it was mainstreamed at that point) was in its' prime in the early 90's.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#52  Edited By MightyDuck

I listen to 90's music a ton.  That was my childhood, and it was about the time that I first discovered music short of the oldies my mom used to play.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By tebbit
Heck yes, although I listen to plenty of 80's and 00's too. In fact, I'm listening to Alice in Chains RIGHT NOW.

@MooseyMcMan
said:

" All the time. I cannot get enough Soundgarden (although they had a lot of 80s stuff too), Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots...Okay, pretty much just grunge, but grunge was totally a 90s thing.  "

You and I need to start a gang.

Also: 

God what a travesty. A glorious, glorious travesty.

This song is forever linked to Mr. Bogus, and I DON'T KNOW WHY! I think it might have played after episodes sometimes...

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By audiosnag

The 90's had some awesome music. This decade has some awesome music too, you can't just go by what's on mainstream radio, that's usually bad no matter what decade you're living in.
I will say the quality of what most kids were listening to when I was in high school in the 90's was a hell of a lot better then what kids are listening to in high school now. So in that respect, yeah things were a lot better then.

velucyraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By velucyraptor

If 90s skramz counts, then hell yes.

BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

DEATH!!!!!!!!!!! 

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I was looking through my Ipod and almost half of my music collection is 90's Alternative and Punk.  

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#58  Edited By Soap

I'm never going to say no to a bit of Blur ;)

iWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By iWonder

I love just as many songs from the 90's as I do from the 70's or 2000's. Pretty much the only decade I have yet to find alot of music I like from is the 80's. (With the exception of Laibach's Let It Be and Nine Inch Nail's first album.)

KingTut91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By KingTut91

I'm listening to Cube's Death Certificate now so yeah. While there was a lot of crap in the 90s (Looking at you 90s rock) there was a lot of solid tracks released in the decade.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By cstrang

Dude, 90's music was the shit.  It was the hey-day of Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, The MIghty Mighty BossTones, Catch-22, 3 Doors Down.  Fuck.  Nostalgia!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By crusader8463

Why not? If you like a song you like it. Why does what year it was made matter?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By Yummylee
@crusader8463 said:
" Why not? If you like a song you like it. Why does what year it was made matter? "
Pretty much what I came in here to post. It's all fair game with my music playlist! Got stuff going back as to the 30s in there; each decade had its bright spots, and some do hold well better than others, but there's plenty of music from every era to enjoy.
Avatar image for overlord_ofthedeadxd
overlord_ofthedeadXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was a baby back in the 90s but I do love grunge. Soundgarden, Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam fucking rock!

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By habster3

Alanis Morissette

Alice in Chains

Beck

Bush

Blur

Death

Dream Theater

Enslaved

Filter

Foo Fighters

Green Day

Lenny Kravitz

Melvins

Mudhoney

NIN

Nirvana

Oasis

Pearl Jam

Pixies

Radiohead

RATM

RHCP

Smashing Pumpkins

Soundgarden

STP

Sublime

Tool

Weezer

White Zombie

Yeah... the '90s were pretty awesome IMO

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By napalm

I mean, most of the music I listen to is from the eighties, and if not, certainly rooted in it.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By CptChiken

my itunes covers hundreds of years i listen to fuck loads of music.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#68  Edited By Little_Socrates

Sure, I listen to a number of 90's songs, but I feel the 90's lose out to every other decade of popular music. Well, maybe not the 50's, but there just wasn't enough music then to begin with, and the handful of great musicians were some of the best ever.

Music, even popular music, has been awesome again for a few years now. At some point, someone's going to have to come up with the List Of Albums You Show To Your Jaded Friends Who Say "Music Was Better Twenty Years Ago" for the 00's, as there's LOTS of good. Plus 90's pop music is almost more embarrassing than the start of Katy Perry's careerALMOST. (She got better.)  

I do love Weezer,Sublime, RATM, and Green Day, and I like Pearl Jam,Soundgarden,Alice in Chains,RHCP,Nine Inch Nails, The Offspring, and Radiohead. I hold no love for Nirvana, though; fiveorsix oftheir songs are pretty good, but a lot of their music is kindof grating. My bigger problem is with the average acts of the 90's, which are mind-numbingly boring, even in comparison to the snooze-fests that are 30 Seconds to Mars and Shinedown. Seriously, when I'm more excited by Rise Against or The Neon Trees than by Third Eye Blind or KORN, we've got a problem.

Not to mention I HATE THESMASHING PUMPKINS. THEY FILL ME WITH PURE ANIMOSITY. BILLY CORGAN HAS THE WORST SINGING VOICE IN ROCK MUSIC.

But even of the acts I said above I loved (and I do love them,) I still love The Black Keys,Kanye West, The Decemberists,latter-day Muse,latter-day Train,My Chemical Romance (Black Parade AND Killjoys,) SOAD, and Cee-Lo Green just as well (if not more,) and the individual pop songs of the 00's that have hit (Toxic, Crazy In Love, Crazy, Hey Ya) are WAY better than the best pop songs of the 90's (Vogue, MMMMBop, Backstreet's Back,Livin' La Vida Loca.) The careers of Lady GaGa and Katy Perry look far more promising than those of Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears, because they can actuallysing and they both have ambition to write their own music (less Perry than GaGa, but w/e.)

Look, there have been a lot of musical crimes between the year 2000and the year 2011, but of all the decades to prefer, you had to pick the 1990's. I guess I'll STILL have to keep defending modern music, then.
h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By h0lgr
Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@example1013 said:
" I've noticed that people on this forum take absolutely every opportunity given to them to whine about music today and claim x decade was so much better.

We get it. You hate progress. Shut the fuck up.
"
We get it. You like the crap that plays on the mainstream radio like Lil' Wayne and Nickelback (both of them are ruining their genres). Shut the fuck up.
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Sooty

90s is the best era for Metal and Hip-Hop.

Proof: Emperor were a 90s band.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HaltIamReptar
@Little_Socrates: I'd argue that Christina Aguilera can "actually" sing.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Example1013
@MariachiMacabre said:
" @example1013 said:
" I've noticed that people on this forum take absolutely every opportunity given to them to whine about music today and claim x decade was so much better.

We get it. You hate progress. Shut the fuck up.
"
We get it. You like the crap that plays on the mainstream radio like Lil' Wayne and Nickelback (both of them are ruining their genres). Shut the fuck up. "
Oho, I see I've struck a chord. I like Lil Wayne, yeah, and I like Nickelback from the 90s and early 00s. But I realize that many "purists" don't. So lemme throw a few songs at you.

How about a little Black Milk?

Maybe a little Nas?

Some Q-Tip?

And this is guy I personally really enjoy. A little Rock. It serves the dual purpose of killing sick beats, and shitting on all those mainstream rappers that "purists" don't like.

The genre still looks pretty alive to me. Looks like Lil Wayne isn't the bane of good rap, you just have to find it.

A little Heltah Skeltah just to finish it out.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By Afroman269
@ZeForgotten said:
" 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and.. I guess some of the stuff being made these days too "
InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By InternetCrab

Yeah, i grew up in the 90's. I love Nirvana, Talking Heads, and all the other 90's music. Today's music really is horrible.
IchiroYagiza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#77  Edited By IchiroYagiza

Yes I do.

From the 90's vault: Nirana, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn and Limp Bizkit, just name a few. 

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MY MAN INF LEFT A TECH AND A NINE AT MY CRIB
TURNED HIMSELF IN HE HAD TO DO A BID
A 1-3 HE'LL BE HOME THE END OF '93
I'M READY TO GET THIS PAPUH G, YA WITH ME!?
MUTHAFUCKIN RIGHT, MY POCKETS LOOKIN KINDA TIGHT
AND I'M STRESSED
YO BIGGIE LEMME GET THE VEST!
NO NEED FOR THAT, GRAB THE FUCKIN' GAT
THE FIRST POCKET THAT'S FAT, THE TECH IS TO HIS BACK!

I fuckin' love '90's music.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By dungbootle

Absolutely.

Magma_Pear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Magma_Pear
@MasterChief said:
"

I've recently started listening to all the old 90's songs I used to listen to as a little kid, and it makes realize how sucky todays music is. i already know everyone says that, but it really is true. i remember listening on the radio today and some pitbull song was playing with some moron autotuned voice and it sounds so stupid compared to the songs back then.

this song by eiffel 65 rules, i bet if you listen to it, you'd remember it.  http://www.awesometothemax.com/eiffel.html

"

The crazy thing about this post is that everyone from a generation before yours thinks music peeked in the 80's and started going down hill in the 90's, was ruined in the 00's and has now started dying in the 10's.

When I listen to 90's music like the song you posted, here is what I think:

• The music grows on you, but's it's really just a weird / retarded sounding song.
  • It has a nice hook I guess.
  • The dude can't sing, is that primitive autotune I hear?
  • The song repeats OVER and OVER, it's not really a song as much as it is some weird little anthem.
  • It's a hell of a stretch to call this a "song".
  •  

This is what I would consider to be a REAL song. Nobody makes Songs any more, they just make "music", if you can call it that.

Here's a real song:

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By JasonR86
    @MasterChief: 

I don't mean to pick on you in particular but...

I think at least one person has said that every decade of music is better than every other decade of music.  It is so common that every time I see someone say something along the lines of "decade x's music is so much better than modern music" that I can't take those posts, articles, comments or whatever seriously anymore.

The 90s had a lot of good music and a lot of bad music just like every other decade.
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @HaltIamReptar: Fair enough on Christina's singing abilities, I was including her more for songwriting.
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @Little_Socrates: Cool beans.

Do you think Gaga would be as successful without the persona?
    bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

#84  Edited By bobafettjm

I listen to more 90's music than anything else really.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @HaltIamReptar: I think it's still rather early to tell. I also think the GaGa persona has changed drastically from the first album, which was about fashion, to the second album, which started as a "pro-gays" persona and into the "monster" persona, which was at full-blast for the Born This Way video. She's identifying what her stage personality really would be.

At the same time, though, would Ozzy Osbourne's Sabbath era, or David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust era, have been any worse off without those personas? I doubt it myself. She's actually mostly without a persona in concert, and comes across as a lot less sincere on any video recordings she does "for her fans" than anywhere else. If the concert personality is a persona, then she'd be less popular, but that persona also encourages you to feel comfortable no matter who you are (in my case, a straight male) so there's nothing wrong with that. If we're talking about the persona that led her to make the Alejandro and Born This Way videos, I'd almost say she'd be better off without the persona, as she consistently gets bashed more and more every time she makes a really out-there video, with the popularity vs. bashing peaking on her end at Bad Romance and starting to tumble with Telephone.

However, I can't recommend anything more for her than adopting the ever-famous Jack Frost persona.
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#86  Edited By FesteringNeon

I have a little from all eras probably dating back to the 50's.
    You can never forget your roots! (even if mine didn't start until the 80's)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#87  Edited By ajamafalous

Yes.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @Little_Socrates: It's funny you mention David Bowie and the Ziggy Stardust stuff.  I knew nothing of all that when I started listening to him and I love him.  When I ask of how the persona influences popularity, I'm not thinking of long-term musical acceptance, I'm thinking of current zeitgeist.
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#89  Edited By grilledcheez

Yeah, mainly Tool and Radiohead.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Getz

Ok, so I'm not even going to start on your choice of Eiffel 65 to reminisce about. The 90s is so much more than that... I mean, fuck.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @HaltIamReptar: Currently, it's probably hurting more than helping in the short-term. However, it'll lead to a longer memory of her. (And yet, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is still probably Bowie's most famous album.)
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By wickedsc3
    @D0tti said:
    " Off course, some of the best Hip-Hop/Rap songs are from the 90s, so yeah I pretty much listen to 90s music daily. "
    Totally agree.  
    gnark1ll420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By gnark1ll420

Yes I do. I still listen to the grunge stuff. 90's KoRn(new shit sucks), Deftones, Nine Inch Nails and other various bands and songs.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#94  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @wickedsc3 said:
    " @D0tti said:
    " Off course, some of the best Hip-Hop/Rap songs are from the 90s, so yeah I pretty much listen to 90s music daily. "
    Totally agree.   "
    Double agree
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By fenixrevolution

Hell yeah I do. Sometimes I hear songs on the radio and I just think of being a kid, good times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InternetCrab said:
    "
    Yeah, i grew up in the 90's. I love Nirvana, Talking Heads, and all the other 90's music. Today's music really is horrible.
    "
    No it isn't. If you look hard enough, turn on some indie/alternative radio, you're almost guaranteed to find some kick-ass music.
    Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Trebz

Heck yeah. Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers...the 90s had a load of garbage but quite a bit of great music.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Teoball

I certainly do. I was cleaning the other day and found all my cd's in some boxes. After going through them I found that the oldest one is from 94 when I was 15.

So all I've been listening to the last couple of weeks is 90's dance which was my choice of music back then.   

Captain Hollywood Project, 2 Unlimited,Snap!, Dr AlbanCulture Beat. Ah, so many memories.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Karl_Boss

I'm listening to Pavement right now so yeah.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By jadegl

Heck yeah. Listening to Green Day, Bush, and Beastie Boys etc. as I browse the forums right now. My iPod music collection is probably over 60% 90s music, especially grunge.