#1  Edited By GJSmitty

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GJSmitty

I personally have stopped going to both of them, though I still think Tested is a fine site and will probably still listen to the podcast every once in awhile.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Despite the indiscreet drop in quality over at Screened, I'm still comfortable enough with the user content to continue visiting the site on a regular basis--enough to be a top poster.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jrinswand

I never went to Tested because Will seemed kind of snarky and gadget sites aren't really my thing, but I used to love going to Screened. Again, I never really liked Alex because I don't buy into his particular brand of snark, but Rorie was one of my favorite members of the entire Whiskey team. I was really sad to see all that shit happen to him. I hope he ends up somewhere that appreciates him.

As it is now, I wouldn't touch Screened with a ten foot pole. I deleted it from my bookmarks toolbar and from my mind.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By matthias2437

Honestly not really. Not even because I don't like them but because without the footer showing them both I just forgot about them. I check tested sometimes when I think about them but not even close to as often as I used to.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By adoggz

No but I still listen to the tested podcast.

MrMountie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrMountie

I check Tested like once a week, Screened is in the toilet so I stopped going there.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rattle618

I´ve always disliked those guys (Rorie specially, but the tested dudes too to a lesser degree) so I almost never went to their respective websites. I do open tested from time to time now, but just out of curiosity to find out if they are actually keeping them or if they will slowly be erased from the site.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dany

I visit tested more than I did before because they cover more stuff then firmware updates.

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NicksCorner

The sad thing is, I was just starting to warm up on Screened. Downloaded entire backlog of podcasts just a few weeks prior to Pancake-Day.

But lately the quality has been low and the content very scarce. Too bad.

On the Tested side it looks a bit different. Still great content being produced. Only problem is that its all getting filmed out of Norms house.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jothel

Used to go to both loads, now only tested

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I occasionally visit Screened because of the community stuff. I never really went to Tested to begin with. I do like both Will and Norm. I just never really cared for the stuff that they covered.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus
@NicksCorner I think I'll be more interested when they get actual offices- it could evolve into something really great. For now though, the Podcast is still good enough for me to listen to driving to and from college, but I don't visit the site as much.
Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Dagbiker

We don't mention Screened around these parts.

Oobir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Oobir

Tested remains in my bookmarks. The content is still good, and there's more of it than ever, even if a lot of it is just reposting other sites' tech news (which, since I don't visit many tech sites, is fine by me). So far, it hasn't suffered from its new ownership. Screened is, to paraphrase the late Ralph Wiley, total puke garbage. Maybe the community content is great (I haven't looked at it), but the articles and reviews are laughably third-rate and provide no reason to visit the site.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By pyromagnestir

Yes, though not nearly as much as I used to when I could check the footer and see something cool was up. Also more out of curiosity than for any other reason.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SlightConfuse

just tested, they have some intresting stuff

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By super2j

i struggle to keep going to both, tested less so. Screened lost rorie so i dont go back... unless i want a review score or curiosity. tested in gaining all the science stuff, a topic i thought would just make me more enthralled with the site, makes it feel like the original feel of the site is muddled or lost. i struggle to go back....less so with the podcast as its still exceptional, but even with that i picked up a new podcast that's way funnier, My brother, My Brother and me. and Tested podcasts are starting to gather dust but i have a feeling the podcast thing is just temporary.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By ReyGitano

Without Alex or Rorie as personalities I don't visit Screened anymore. Tested is still in my RSS feed though.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only go to Screened to see how trash it is now and don't bother going to Tested because of how the site is designed. Do still listen to their podcast, though.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Brendan

@Jothel said:

Used to go to both loads, now only tested

I still pop by Screened every now and then, only because it was a part of my go-to pattern of sites I visited after coming home from somewhere else during the day. I do feel now, though, that it is a waste of time visiting that site. Tested is still really interesting although I now supplement it with larger more tech focused sites such as Tom's Hardware.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Zleunamme

When Matt Rorie left Screened, there was no point in going back to that website. I do like listing to Tested podcast. I not a fan of their redesign. It odd that they have been recording all their recent videos and podcasts from their homes. I'm a little worried that the Myth Busters guys are going to push Will and Norm completely out of the picture. Tested is worth checking out.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Slay3r1583

As soon as Rorie announced he was leaving Screened I stopped going. Alex and Rorie were the only reason I went to Screened. I've never really been big into tv and movies but they made things interesting and entertaining.

As for Tested the redesign rubbed me the wrong way. As far as content goes though there was a bit of a rough start but now I feel things are as good or maybe even better than ever.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to go to those sites when they were in the footer on the bottom of this site but I havent bothered bookmarking them so I stopped

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cexantus

Sadly, neither. I'm not really into tech so I never really visited Tested. But I did love Screen, and Rorie and Alex made the site awesome. Now that they're both gone, I feel like there's no point in going there anymore.

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Michaelblack18

I still go to tested and love their content,but i rarely go to screened anymore,Never forget what has happened to poor innocent matt rorie in this boogaloo i really do hope he goes somewhere awesome,maybe they will bring rorie in here to review games? and mix in puppies?? a man could dream.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

I go to tested about once a week and listen to the podcast but the best days of screened are sadly behind it.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#28  Edited By Slag

Nope. The duders running those sites seemed fine before the exodus, just didn't care for the content there.

the only other former whiskey property I ever dabble(d) with anyway is Comicvine

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#29  Edited By Lazyaza

I feel like Screened lost its reason I visited; entertaining video content featuring people I liked, and Tested lost it's identity and became just another corporate marketing site. Ironically these are the two biggest fears I had with Giant Bomb and everything turned out fine for them.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Claude

I visited Screened more than Tested when they were a part of Whiskey Media. After the Dick Clark crap Screened pulled, a picture and one sentence, I'm done with them. I think I checked Tested last a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty much done with both of them.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Clonedzero

i never really visited tested, nothing against them, but meh. wasn't my thing.

i used to go to screened everyday. hell its still part of my "internet routine" of sites i check when i jump online, though its dropped in quality significantly. so ive been going less and less.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32  Edited By wefwefasdf

I'll visit Tested more often once they fix the forums and I'm able to change my password.

I avoid Screened with a passion now.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By randiolo

I think Tested has gone from strength to strength. They have some really good and interesting content.

supercubedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By supercubedude

Haven't been to Screened since Rorie left. Zero interest.

I still go tested, but it's starting to bum me out. Maybe once they get situated in a new office it'll pick up again, but right now it just reads like a Boing Boing knock off in terms of what they cover. Doesn't help that Adam and Jamie's picture is in the fucking logo and they don't contribute to the site.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By JJOR64

I kinda go to Tested. No point in going to Screened anymore.

drowsap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By drowsap

Used to go to both but now only tested more now because they cover a lot more, but after Rori left Screened it felt like screened lost its soul so i just left it like im sure most others have.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By Sooperspy

Tested is still basically the same site and I've actually found myself going there more since the Whiskey Media split-up and I still listen to the Tested podcast.

Screened I just go to every once in a while to just see what the hell is going on over there. And its not pretty.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By captain_clayman

i never really went on either.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Draxyle

If anything, I'm visiting Tested more than before. I'm not much of a gadget person, being a bit of a starving artist at the moment, so a little change was okay with me. I've started listening to their podcast regularly, which has been all good fun. Still not a fan of Adam and Jamie being the "faces" of the site, but it's a minor gripe when Will and Norm are still the meat of it all.

Never went to screened much; not much of a movie guy either.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never really visited Tested all that much, but from what I've seen its still got some pretty good content. Screened, on the other hand, I visited a lot and really loved that website. It got me back into watching movies, and ever since Rorie and Alex both bailed there is nothing redeemable about that site. Its really sad that it basically died in the transition. I mean, Anime Vice escaped totally unscathed. ANIME VICE!

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#41  Edited By Dimsey

I still enjoy Tested and at the very least I pop in to Screened to check out the Forums etc. 

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By Blackout62

Never visited Tested that much to begin with and without Faith of the Rorie I see no reason to go to Screened.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NegativeCero

Don't really visit either one. I should probably check out Tested sometime though.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RE_Player1

I used to go to Tested and Screened daily. After the whole e whole split went down I never visit Screened and I go to Tetsed once a week, usually to just get the podcast because the site still looks horrible.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By TheHT

Used to be both, but lately I find myself less interested in the changes going on at Screened. Tested is still awesome though. Better even, since the stories themselves are now more interesting to me, not just the podcast/videos.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LaserLambert

I went to screened to watch the video of Dave and Matt talking about M. Night Shyamalan's career recently, but nope, other than that no. neither.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By laserbolts

Screened went downhill real fast so I never visit it and I have never really checked out tested.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#48  Edited By Little_Socrates

I go to Screened to confirm that nightmare is still reality, but I've pretty much stopped using Tested. I was really only listening to This Is Only A Test anyways, though.

EDIT: Also, I visit Anime Vice occasionally, just 'cause Tom tends to post at least one interesting read per week. THOUGH I'M MAD AT HIM ABOUT GHOST IN THE SHELL.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Grillbar

i rarely visit tested just to see how it goes. screened, nope not since i realized that nothing is going to be added of worth. basicly around the time Rorie and Alex left. i loved the different features and was still waiting for the final bowl but it never came. now i will most likely never visit it agian

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#50  Edited By DarthOrange

I only went to screened when I wanted technical help or to see a review of a specific gadget. I go on screened maybe once a week but without Rorie its not the same. The saddest part is it seems the new folks are really trying.