• 90 results
#1 Posted by DreDavis (36 posts) -

For me, Screened was the premiere film website - entertaining podcasts and video features, good reviews and news stories that interested me. I have to admit that the podcasts and videos were mostly so entertaining because of the personalities involved. Now, after Alex and Rorrie have left, I'm finding myself checking the site regularly, but not clicking on anything and leaving in seconds. Not only that there are no videos or podcasts, but the other content seems bland as well. How about you guys, do you still visit Screened? Do you think that the site will regain its strength or die off?

#2 Posted by Jothel (913 posts) -

Nope, stayed around a few days after Rorie left but haven't been since.

#3 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

I visit "do you visit screened.com" threads more than I visit screened.com anymore.

#4 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

I visit "do you visit screened.com" threads more than I visit screened.com anymore.

Ha. Pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

#5 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Do I still visit Screened? No.

Have I ever visited Screened? No.

#6 Posted by Landon (4127 posts) -

I forgot it existed.

#7 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

No desire to.

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Not at all.

#9 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Nah

#10 Posted by Skyfire543 (651 posts) -

No Rorie, No Screened

#11 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -
#12 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -

@Skyfire543 said:

No Rorie, No Screened

Screened is dead

#13 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

No more puppies =(

#14 Posted by Mikemcn (6937 posts) -

It's no longer on the GB footer, so no.

#15 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

I have checked a hand full times. Not for news or anything, I just visit to see how depressing that website has become.

#16 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

Nope.

#17 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

Nope. But I barely visited it before so nothing has really changed. I just barely visit it much less.

#18 Posted by NancyDrewFan123 (35 posts) -

Noooo..... that site is a huge freakin' bummer nowadays.

#19 Posted by Cubic (171 posts) -

I get the feeling Berman Braun are still deciding what they're going to do with that site. I haven't visited it since Rory left, and really there's no reason to since the editorial content is pretty bland. I bet in a month or so they'll rebrand the site like they did with Tested and get some new talent on board. Without any of that whiskey media spark I doubt I'll visit it even then, but there's at least a chance that Screened might become interesting again.

#20 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1230 posts) -

I went over to see how it was without Alex and Rorie...Not the same in the slightest

#21 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

Nope.

#22 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

Nope not even Tested.

#23 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

It's like a country where suddenly, the producing citizens had all left and been replaced by mindless automatons, and the other citizens who used to like the country are leaving too. There's a few who still make good things, but they don't seem like they'll last.

So nah, man.

#24 Posted by andriv (254 posts) -

1-2 times a week, there is nothing there. Is Alex still doing the year of cage?

#25 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Nope. Was a big poster and wiki guy over there but there's nothing of value there anymore.

#26 Posted by TOA_Doom (70 posts) -

I tried for a little while, but there is just no entertaining content there anymore.

#28 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

No

#29 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@andriv said:

Alex left Screened a while ago.

@SoothsayerGB said:

Rory always seemed like dead weight.

What? Rorie did incredible things for Screened considering it was basically only him making content at one point.

#30 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I check for new movie trailers.

#31 Posted by Dogma (943 posts) -

I actually went there just a moment ago because I was curious about the box office numbers for The Avengers movie. Tested have for quite some time been my primary site to check up on stuff like that. But content wise I'm not that impressed.

#32 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4577 posts) -

I mean, it was in essence a cross between IMDB.com and avclub.com, so now I just use those again. Although I tend to ignore avclub's reviews... much like I did with screened. So yeah.

#33 Posted by BaneFireLord (2908 posts) -

Fuck no. I hate making myself cry.

#34 Posted by Kazona (3058 posts) -

I never visited it much to begin with. I just went to check it out, and it looks the same as screened has always looked, minus the video content. To be honest, if I didn't already know that Rorie and Alex left, I would never have noticed a difference.

#35 Posted by Nicked (245 posts) -
#36 Posted by ArmedBear (221 posts) -

I visit rarely. I check to see if it's still up. I just get the feeling it will soon go away completely.

#37 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Only the forums.

#38 Posted by Milkman (16484 posts) -

Nope, had the third most wiki points over there but now that site is pretty much dead to me.

#39 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -
#40 Posted by Monkeyman04 (998 posts) -

Yes, just to see what the members are doing.

#41 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Yup, I'm mostly there on the threads though.

@ThePickle: We need you for the Community thread! Come back for that at least, just until the end of the season!

#42 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

@DreDavis said:

For me, Screened was the premiere film website

........Really?

I really loved the idea of Screened when it was announced. I was heavy into film at the time and it was a great way to merge my love of writing and cinema, but I just couldn't stand the way Rorie and Alex wrote their articles/reviews/features. Humor is a staple of Whiskey Media's (or whatever it's all called now) style, so I would expect some snark and sarcasm when dealing with the more ridiculous shit that goes on. In fact, I really admire it when a writer is honest in writing news-style articles, because too often they feel rhythmic and stale. It just seemed to me that whenever the subject of the article wasn't one of the handful of pre-approved movies, actors, and franchises the staff liked it was subject to endless simplifying and mockery. People make fun of the shit I like, I make fun of the shit other people like. That's expected. I'm not butt-hurt by any means. But there's a point where it becomes tiring and the writer starts to come off as an asshole. I've never met either of them in real life, they're probably cool dudes, but ultimately I never found I agreed with them on anything.

That, and the staff ass-kissery was downright disturbing over there. It's pretty awful on GB, but daaaaaaaaaaaaamn people were on Alex and Rorie's dicks like spermicidal lube...

#43 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

@RockinKemosabe said:

Yup, I'm mostly there on the threads though.

@ThePickle: We need you for the Community thread! Come back for that at least, just until the end of the season!

Eh... maybe for the finale. I made the awful realization with my episode discussion threads that I don't have much to say about specific episodes most of the time.

#44 Posted by cutyoface (539 posts) -

Nope

#45 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

They had tons of pictures of ladies until that one guy stopped doing that stuff, so I don't go there anymore.

#46 Posted by andriv (254 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@andriv said:

Alex left Screened a while ago.

@SoothsayerGB said:

Rory always seemed like dead weight.

What? Rorie did incredible things for Screened considering it was basically only him making content at one point.

I know he left but I was wondering if he took his year of cage to a blog or something? You don't just give up on nic cage

#47 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Nope. I don't visit Tested anymore either, aside from the podcast.

#48 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1351 posts) -

I used to love Screened but without Alex and Rorie it's dead to me.

BUT THEY WON'T LET IT DIE! It lives on, like a beloved relative reanimated like some disgusting puppet. It looks like the thing you once loved, but it's eyes are dead and it's soul is gone.

#49 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

We don't talk about Screened here anymore.

#50 Posted by washablemarkers (92 posts) -

Not really. I used to visit it at least once a day before it was sold.