• 89 results
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I usually went on Screened or Tested from the footer at the bottom but since theyre gone I dont go on them anymore

Cowmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Cowmeat

no

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Yes, occasionally.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By andriv
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By habster3

Nope

If I ever go back, it'll be to visit my old buddy Orgy

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By MachoFantastico

After Rorie left I had no interest whatsoever. Rorie's content was some of the best stuff Whiskey Media had going to be honest so when he left he killed that site. Sounds like they are going to be doing some stuff for it but I don't care.  

It's sad as I started to get into movies again due to Screened. Hope Matt finds his feet, I know some folk disliked him but the majority of WM users loved him and his puppy loving :D

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SmilingPig

no, sadly

Kyodra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Kyodra

Nope, no good original video content there anymore.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By artelinarose

I loved Screened, but without Alex or Rorie I have no interest at all. They were that site, along with Joey.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By onan

@RPGeesus said:

It's like a country where suddenly, the producing citizens had all left and been replaced by mindless automatons, and the other citizens who used to like the country are leaving too. There's a few who still make good things, but they don't seem like they'll last.

So nah, man.

Wow, that's quite possibly the worst attempt at an analogy I've ever seen. I tried making a few equally bad ones in my head but I can't get there. The best I could do is:

"Screened.com now is like a sandwich where Rorie and Alex were like the meat and cheese, but they're gone now and all you have now is lettuce and tomato, and that's like a salad between two slices of bread and I don't want to visit a salad."

Edit: This has gotten into my head. I'd really like to visit a country populated entirely by robots now.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By donchipotle

I visit so I can see the users bitch out the new staff in the comments. Not because I like seeing staff members bitched out (I don't) but because I like to consider those people as members of some secret resistance where they slander the new regime while worshiping Rorie and Alex every night in their secret underground lair.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By mosespippy

No, it's not in the footer of giant bomb anymore. I don't watch movies and only watch two tv shows (both finished their season around the time of the WM break up) so there is very little reason for me to visit it.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By johncallahan

Nope. That at times was my favorite Whiskey site (even more than Giant Bomb in some parts). As soon as Rorie and Alex left though I was gone. It's really depressing.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By rpgee

@onan said:

@RPGeesus said:

It's like a country where suddenly, the producing citizens had all left and been replaced by mindless automatons, and the other citizens who used to like the country are leaving too. There's a few who still make good things, but they don't seem like they'll last.

So nah, man.

Wow, that's quite possibly the worst attempt at an analogy I've ever seen. I tried making a few equally bad ones in my head but I can't get there. The best I could do is:

"Screened.com now is like a sandwich where Rorie and Alex were like the meat and cheese, but they're gone now and all you have now is lettuce and tomato, and that's like a salad between two slices of bread and I don't want to visit a salad."

Edit: This has gotten into my head. I'd really like to visit a country populated entirely by robots now.

Oh, I know it's pretty bad. Mostly because I was bored and tired at the time of writing, read it over, hated it, and found it appropriate.

The only question is, is that analogy better than the content on Screened, apart from 's stuff?

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Vexxan

Nope.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By InternetCrab

No Rorie, No Alex, then there is no such thing as Screened.com.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NegativeCero

I feel like this has already been a topic. Anyway, no I don't. It's done without any personalities.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#68  Edited By Tireyo

Not really.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it became the dead and sterile thing everyone was scared GB would be.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By guiseppe

I visit Comic Vine more these days, and I have no interest in comic books. That says something.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By Sergio

I checked it out when they first launched and listened to their podcast a couple of times. Problem is that Slashfilm already existed. Also, I didn't like either Rorie or Alex as movie critics.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Robo

Nope. As far as I'm concerned what I knew of Screened no longer exists.

Tested is slowly joining them.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NTM

No.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By winsord

Was still visiting daily for a couple weeks after Rorie left, but there's just nothing going on. The new articles they were writing weren't terribly interesting, and they really started to rely heavily on "What to Watch", which was being written with less detail and insight than before. Personally, I'm really not even that into movies and haven't been the theaters in a few years, but Alex and Rorie's work made me interested. The site lost the one thing that it had going for it: personality. I'm not horribly opposed to the site or anything, but until some video content goes up, I'm not really that interested in going back on a regular basis either. Also, there were always commenters just complaining about the new staff; it was definitely getting better as time passed, but there were always one or two comments that were just whiny.

Edit: I've actually been visiting Tested less too, sadly; even though I think their changes are for the better, I'm generally less interested in the science-y stuff than I am in the tech news. Still love their podcast, though.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jking47

Nope, its pretty bad now..

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#76  Edited By Jackhole

Their review of Cabin in the Woods might be one of the worst things I've ever read. So, no.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ShaneDev

I check if litrock has written anything new but that's about it.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By Omega

No not really. I do go to Tested every once in a while to see what's up. I'm always curious to see if Jamie or Adam have made any sort of video content or any content really. Still have yet to see them do anything but rebrand the site. I know its a months old sentiment but I think its dumb to have them be the face of the site if they aren't even going to do anything with it editorially. I guess its a good thing though that most of the content comes from Will and Norm. Those guys are still pretty cool.

TheRealJpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheRealJpoe

Nah, Screened & Tested went off my radar once the Whiskey Media family broke up. Which is kind of sad since I went premium because of all the sites, even though Giant Bomb & Comic Vine were always my favorites. Still like to hit up Anime Vice from time to time.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By winsord

@Omega said:

No not really. I do go to Tested every once in a while to see what's up. I'm always curious to see if Jamie or Adam have made any sort of video content or any content really. Still have yet to see them do anything but rebrand the site. I know its a months old sentiment but I think its dumb to have them be the face of the site if they aren't even going to do anything with it editorially. I guess its a good thing though that most of the content comes from Will and Norm. Those guys are still pretty cool.

To be fair to Jamie and Adam, they actually had written a decent amount of stuff in the first few weeks of the new site being live. They are however on tour (I'm pretty sure they still are, at least), so it's kind of difficult to produce much written content, nevermind video. Will's sounded pretty optimistic in the past that they would probably get one of the guys, if not both, onto the podcast at some point and into some video content. Seems like it'll be pretty evident a month or two after their tour has ended though, how involved they'll actually be with the site.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By James_ex_machina

I really like Screened but I didn't care about movies to be a frequent visitor. Now I rarely visit.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By penguindust

Didn't we have one of these threads just recently? Anyway, yes I still visit Screened.com often. It's not as populated as it once was, but that's okay with me. I'm an Anime Vice regular, so Screened still looks thriving by comparison.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Simplexity

All the color and life has been systematically purged off that site, it is completely pointless now.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Nope, Screened has been dead to me ever since Alex and Rorie left.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@DreDavis: I do the same as you everyday. If I don't see anything beyond the new, standard, bland articles, then I leave and go back to Giant Bomb. Screened is pretty much dead, at this point in time.

Majkiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#86  Edited By Majkiboy

I visit it only to manage my list of viewed movies, but I have been thinking about moving my list making habitsto imdb.com

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By galacticgravy

I used to go 1-2 times a week just to poke around but not anymore.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Awwww... All you guys should come back. I don't know who these "Rory and Alex" dudes are, but i'm sure they weren't Screened. The Community is what makes these sites what they are and though it's pretty bad over there, it's still going strong. I know I like it there.

Xaviersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now, it's closing.

trotoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers