• 0 results
#1 Posted by RJay_64 (631 posts) -

Ever since cell phones came about, I've stopped wearing them because I could just press a button on my phone and it will tell the time.  Do you still wear wrist watches?

#2 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

Nah, not anymore.

#3 Posted by Zero_ (1976 posts) -
@RJay_64 said:
" Ever since cell phones came about, I've stopped wearing them because I could just press a button on my phone and it will tell the time.  Do you still wear wrist watches? "
Yep - always. Especially ever since I dropped my iPhone off a boat just to check the time on it. Siiiigh...
#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I used to when I was in like the 4th grade. I pretty much haven't since then. I think I have a rather good sense of time overall. Like, right now, without looking at anything, I'm going to say it's about 11:12 PM PST.

Aw crap, 11:04. Well, close enough for me.

#5 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

nah i never liked wearing stuff on my wrist

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (19025 posts) -

Nope.  I have my phone to tell the time for me now.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

I feel naked without a metal disc buckled to my wrist with a band of leather.

#8 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -

My entire wardrobe IS watches. I look like I just walked out of a Final Fantasy game.

#9 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1124 posts) -

Haven't worn one in almost two years.

#10 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

No. I just look at my iPod. 

#11 Posted by coaxmetal (1642 posts) -

yup, I wear like 3 of em.

#12 Posted by Sackmanjones (4752 posts) -
@Hourai said:
" No. I just look at my iPod.  "
@JJOR64 said:
" Nope.  I have my phone to tell the time for me now. "
#13 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Yes, I cannot live without one.

#14 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

I haven't worn one since I lost mine a few years ago.
I have an intention to buy another one but, more for a fashionable purpose. 

#15 Posted by Somadude (549 posts) -

No, I don't have the time.
#16 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -
@Somadude said:
" No, I don't have the time. "
BOOM!
#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

Always.

#18 Posted by cancerdancer (315 posts) -

A nice watch makes you feel like a pimp, and it's way easier to just take a peek at your wrist instead of digging out your phone most of the time.

#19 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -

I would but I dont have any moneys to buy one and if I do, it has to be nice.

#20 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

I wear a watch. Feel naked without one really.

#21 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4978 posts) -
@Zero_ said:

" @RJay_64 said:

" Ever since cell phones came about, I've stopped wearing them because I could just press a button on my phone and it will tell the time.  Do you still wear wrist watches? "
Yep - always. Especially ever since I dropped my iPhone off a boat just to check the time on it. Siiiigh... "
The fuck?  Either that boat was rockin' or you were an idiot and pulled out the phone over the water.

No I don't wear watches.  I would, however, buy one of those expensive ass ballin' watches just for looks.
#22 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@Riboflavin: at once?
#23 Posted by Zero_ (1976 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree: Yeah, I'm pretty much an idiot. 4 hours of drinking on a boat and decided to go on the tip of the boat with a lady friend, pulled out the phone and dropped it on the floor, to which it bounced towards the water. I actually jumped half way over the railing, until I saw that the nearest shore was kilometres away lol...
#24 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

i do i wear the nixon player all black tho i am not a player

#25 Posted by Jeust (10769 posts) -
@RJPelonia said:
" Nah, not anymore. "
No reason to.
#26 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Nope. Always have my phone on me.

#27 Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -

Yes, I don't like to have to dig in my pocket when I want to know the time.

#28 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

Yeah, G-Shocks are fresh!

#29 Edited by nugazer (23 posts) -

Yeah.

It's more convenient than pulling out a phone every time you want to know the time (derp) and it makes you look classier haha.

#30 Posted by Goopynose (62 posts) -

I wear a Casio Data Bank 300 and I'm in love with it. Simply lifting up your wrist to look at the time is much quicker than taking a phone out of your pocket and pressing a button.

#31 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Yep, since I don't use a cell phone, and watches look nice.

#32 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

My phone does just about everything, so telling time with a "watch" is unnecessary. 

Unless a purty lady-person wants to buy me a nice Rolex, then I'll take it :)

#33 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

Yes, gives me one more way to ignore solicitors.

#34 Posted by Shirogane (3579 posts) -
@Symphony said:
"Yep, since I don't use a cell phone, and watches look nice. "

Really? No cell phone is pretty crazy these days. 

Yes, i wear a watch, easier than taking my phone out. Also, the phone i used to have a few years back had a clock that kept messing up whenever the power turned off or battery got taken out, or something. 

Oh yeah, my watch controls TVs, lots of fun. Also managed to program it to control my ps2 once, ffx on a watch!
#35 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I always wear a watch. I'd glance at my phone, but you can get in trouble doing that in a school environment ;)

#36 Posted by JoeMarsden (304 posts) -

I have this thing which makes me feel like i'm going to have a somewhat terrible day if I don't wear my watch.

#37 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -
@JoeMarsden: I know! You walk out the door, realise you've forgotten it and it's a very 'facepalm-esq' moment. Usually followed by a mild expletive.
#38 Posted by ch3burashka (5127 posts) -

I used to think watches were a necessity. What with cellphones and my disrespect to my own shit, my 20 dollar Ironman watches usually broke or got lost.

Recently I've gone on a nostalgia binge: I'm considering buying a decent watch (not expensive, but not digital), buy old consoles, buy a vinyl player, etc. I guess it's my way of trying to escape the shitty situation I've created for myself...

#39 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -
I always wear a very simple black Casio watch. Does nothing but tell the time.

@Symphony:  ASSBUTTS.
#40 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Nope. The wristwatch was the sucessor to the pocketwatch. And the cellphone is a more modern solution that resembles the original and has many more functions. 

If I didn't have a cellphone, then yes. In fact when I wore a watch I would check the time compulsively. The cellphone has helped break me of this. I still pull it out and play around with it when uncomfortable in public, but nobody has to know I don't have anything to do on it other than calculate -- which I totally used to have a watch for. Wrist calculators are nerdier than pocket protectors. I guess cellphone beltclips are the new pocket protector equivalent.

#41 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@jim_dandy said:
" I always wear a very simple black Casio watch. Does nothing but tell the time.

@Symphony:  ASSBUTTS. "
Oh, hi.
#42 Posted by President_Barackbar (3467 posts) -

Yes I do. Its a sweet silver watch with the symbol of the Rebel Alliance on the face that I got on ebay.

#43 Posted by BeachThunder (12118 posts) -

Surprised that so many people don't wear watches. I couldn't not wear a watch =/

#44 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -
@Symphony:  OH SHIT. DON'T BAN ME D:<
#45 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" @jim_dandy said:
" I always wear a very simple black Casio watch. Does nothing but tell the time.

@Symphony:  ASSBUTTS. "
Oh, hi. "
thanks for banning me for nothing. Snob.
#46 Posted by Chris2KLee (2337 posts) -

Cellphones is part of it, but I remember that when I started doing a lot of martial arts, I would always get used to taking off my watch first. When I was done, I'd be so tired I'd just leave it in my bag and after awhile I just got used to the feeling of not wearing it. I don't wear accessories of any sort really, so losing the watch seemed like a natural move.

#47 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1908 posts) -

Yes, you look goofy without a watch.

#48 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Atomasist said:
" Yes, I cannot live without one. "
even with my cell in my pocket
#49 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Not for about 10 years

#50 Posted by mrfizzy (1542 posts) -

yes, every day and it pisses me off no end if i dont have it on for some reason. i have my phone on me all the time but its just annoying having to get it out especially if your in a lecture where your not meant to have them.