• 57 results
#1 Posted by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -

#2 Edited by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -
"Where's ma number one dime?"

This morning I bought some ice cream and orange juice at the grocery store. As I stood off to the side rearranging the bills in my wallet, I wondered how many other people were that meticulous. I tend to rearrange the money in my wallet so that all the bills of a specific denomination are grouped together. I place the larger bills toward the back of my wallet while the lower valued bills are set near the front. The “back” would be towards the outer part of the billfold while the “front would be the inside. Now, as anal as that might sound to some, I don’t bother making sure they all face the same direction. As long as I can see the number in the corner, I’m fine. Honestly, I think I am just terrified that I’ll hand someone a $10 believing it to be a $1.

“What’s in your wallet?”

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

B.

But I always know where I put what as holding out your wallet for any longer amount of time then needed is a bad thing around here.

#4 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Value, with fivers and tenners in the front and blueys in the back. I also fold them in half so they don't bulge when I close it.

#5 Posted by Rudyftw (554 posts) -

Really?

#6 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

B. I really couldn't be bothered with the business of making sure all my money is organised like that and the pay-off would be minimal.

#7 Posted by wjb (1662 posts) -

Facing the same way and in order by denomination...because I'm an adult.

#8 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

I generally have fewer than 10 bills in my wallet at a time. Organizing them like that doesn't seem beneficial or necessary to me. Any time saved having them in order would be lost putting them that way.

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I arrange them by size and color.

#10 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4510 posts) -

c

#11 Posted by BlinkyTM (1054 posts) -

Folded in half and facing the same direction :D

#12 Posted by Cheesebob (1236 posts) -

What an odd topic.

B.

#13 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

D. I've been doing it this way all my life. Not really sure why, but there you go.

#14 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

I don't carry cash on me.

#15 Posted by Super_Yosh_64 (126 posts) -

they are arranged in my wallet by their values and they all face the same way

i wish everyone would do that b.c hate it when people give me crinkled money

#16 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I don't carry cash.

#17 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Grouped together, facing the same way. 'Gotta make sure the presidents aren't kissing.

#18 Posted by Gabriel (4061 posts) -

I only carrry Dollar Bills.

#19 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11009 posts) -

Arranged by both denomination and direction! Order is good!

#20 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

As an American I sort them in color

#21 Posted by airconditionn (44 posts) -

I don't normally carry cash, but when I do I just kind of throw it in there. That's pretty much my philosophy with everything in life, I've discovered.

However, when Bank of America starts charging me $5 a month to use my debit card aside from at an ATM, I might just start carrying cash more often. Or just switch to another bank...

#22 Posted by Chop (1997 posts) -

A

I almost never have more than a twenty on me at a time =/

#23 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

I have them all facing the same way, in descending order. It's really weird, because usually I don't give a fuck about that sort of thing, but it drives me nuts when I have money in my pocket not sorted properly in my wallet.

#24 Posted by SMTDante89 (2579 posts) -

By monetary value. Doesn't really matter in what direction, though I've never really thought about it, maybe I do and just don't think about it when I do it.

#25 Posted by TobbRobb (4647 posts) -

I usually don't carry more than maybe 3-5 bills and I've got a good memory of what I have. So just wad it all in there... 

Also I don't really want to be the guy slowing the group down to organize my freaking wallet? O_o

#26 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@louiedog said:

I generally have fewer than 10 bills in my wallet at a time. Organizing them like that doesn't seem beneficial or necessary to me. Any time saved having them in order would be lost putting them that way.

yep.

#27 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I never have money to organize it, but the few times I do I always keep it ordered by colour. When I need to go fishing for a bill I don't want to have to hunt around to find it. I go from smallest denomination facing the inside of the wallet back. So when I open my wallet and look in it's always blue, purple, green, red, brown.

#28 Posted by CaptainCharisma (339 posts) -

@Dany said:

As an American I sort them in color

You sir, are awesome.

#29 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

I rarely carry cash but when I do I just shove it in my pocket.

#30 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

I do exactly the same thing you do.

#31 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I just put them in neatly and in order from smallest to largest. Because I am not a barbarian. Haha.

#32 Posted by CornBREDX (5285 posts) -

Fun Fact: Blind people fold them all different ways to know which bill is which

#33 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

This made me rearrange my wallet and while doing so I found a coin minted in 2011.

Its so... perfect...

#34 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

Any old way. Notes here are colour coded so it's easy to tell what's what without having to have them ordered.

#35 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

Why? You planning on fucking robbing me?

It's organized by denominational value. It's also all face forward and straightened with no bent edges.

#36 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

C, and I keep the 1's on the outside of the folded wad, just in case.

#37 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

C. But I don't pay it too much attention. It's just simpler.

#38 Edited by Beforet (2921 posts) -

For a while I had my bills split between twenties and everything-else.

#39 Posted by Andorski (5310 posts) -

I make origami swans out of them and carry my currency in a bird cage.

#40 Posted by Spoonman671 (4636 posts) -

What do I look like, a savage?  D.

#41 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

@Gabriel said:

I only carrry Dollar Bills.

Are you also a stripper?

Oh and I chose D. because I can't stand searching through my wallet to find the most appropriate bill.

#42 Posted by Vextroid (1401 posts) -

I usually don't carry cash, but when I do I just stuff 'em in there in no discerning order.

#43 Posted by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

D, which I've been doing since I was a kid. However, I've stopped even carrying a wallet these days, opting instead for the cash clip. Wallets are just rather big and clunky and I don't like spending time fumbling with them.

#44 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

@PenguinDust:

I never carry cash.

#45 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I rarely actually carry cash but when I do, it's generally just shoved in there with no regard for what shape it's supposed to be in.

#46 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

I usually just make sure that it's all in my wallet, then when I need it if I buy something, I regret it, Becquerel it takes me too long to find some bills.

#47 Posted by Aeterna (1118 posts) -

I have to say that the poll thus far has surprised me.

I just throw it in there to be as fast as possible, people really don't like waiting for me to take any longer.

Besides it is colour-coded and I frankly barely carry any bills with me. You can pay with your bank pass just about everywhere.

#48 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i arrange them by value, all 20's together, 10's, 5's, and so on. i sometimes put them all in the same direction.

#49 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Voted D for OCD. It just makes it easier to manage and looks purdy.

#50 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

By denomination: Larger bills in back, smaller bills in front. Always have. It helps me get a general count of my money without looking through the whole thing. Also makes it quicker when I know exactly where the bill I need is.